how do i search for members on this site?

salima

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 08:34 am
i want to add people i am following on my profile page but if i dont see any post by them and i know their username, how can i add them? is there a member directory? do i have to send a private message to each person?

mark noble

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 08:46 am
Hi Salima,
I found everyone by typing names in the searchbar at the top right of the screen. Or, if you find them in their threads - click on their names.
Damn, I miss pp.
Have a brilliant day, Salima.
Mark...
salima

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:09 am
@mark noble,
thanks! it never occurred to me to put in the search bar...i thought i was smart for looking in the archives of 'my posts' to find the old threads and the people i got to know that way...yours is much better!

by the way, i found out that Banned Members from Philosophyforum are also alive and well here!!!!
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:12 am
@salima,

you can also find people by plugging a name (******) into the profile URL --

http://able2know.org/user/******/
salima

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:20 am
@Region Philbis,
thank you!
as a matter of fact, using the search bar didnt work for me...if i want to look for Jay i get garbage like "Jay Leno"...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:28 am
@salima,
If you know their email addresses you can use the My Friends tab in the menu bar above. Click the Add Friends tab and type in the full email address of a person you seek.

If they are registered here, their user name will be displayed and they will automatically be added to your "Following" list on your profile page.

The drawback is that you do have to know their email address before this feature is useful.

If you had a mailing list for members of one of your groups on the old philosophy forum, you can use the utility button on the Add Friends form to import your address list so you can search for them here and add them to your Following list.
0 Replies