Yes, everybody else can see the thread except the person who thumbed it down. It's a kind of personal housekeeping effort...The other is about the filters on the preference page. My understanding is fuzzy - I am under the impression that my No answer to Topic and Post Filters shields me from having others thumb downs - in whatever massive accumulation - affecting what I see. BFN's explanation confused me, in relation to that effect.
If anyone needs to refer to the instructions again in the future, bookmark this entry from the A2K blog.
It also has a link to the A2K topic about it where Robert gave detailed technical instructions about how to embed flash videos (which I still don't quite understand or can't get to work right).
Here's the link to the topic, which can also be found in the above blog article:
Here's an even better and more detailed instruction for embedding the flash videos. It starts at this post and goes on a few:
Holy crap, I got it!
- Go to wherever the hell you've got flash you want to load
- Right-click that page and select view page source
- Ctrl-f to find the following term: .swf
- Copy that entire url into your clipboard, including the .swf part
- Note whatever it also says for height and width
- On A2K, type as follows: [flash]
- Then where it says flash, type a equals sign then the height # a comma and then the width #. DO NOT ADD ANY SPACES. YES, THIS GOES INSIDE THE BRACKETS, e. g. flash=600,920
- Then paste in the complete url
- Then type [/flash]
- Preview to make sure it works
- Hit reply and bask in your awesomeness
How about this ... I updated my prior tutorial, and also added some "resize" steps:
Quote:How to add an image to A2K in 6 PAINFULLY easy steps:
1. Navagate to "imgur.com" in your browser.
2. Click on "Upload images". You might have to look for this, but it's sorta toward the upper left of the page.
3. If the image is on your computer, click "browse your computer", and navigate to your image on your computer, and click "Open". If the image is in your clipboard, click "Control + V" ("paste from your clipboard"), and then press ctrl+v on your keyboard.
4. Click "Start Upload".
Seconds later .... Voila ... your image is now hosted on the Internet!
5. Copy the link to the image, which is found to the right of the displayed image. (I use the "BBCode" link, and just paste that directly into my A2K post -- it adds the IMG codes so I don't have to. Otherwise you can use the "Direct Link" and add those codes yourself.)
6. Paste the link into your A2K post (using the IMG codes if using the "Direct Link" method, or without using the IMG codes if using the "BBCode" method.)
(Voila again ... you have just added a link of your image to your post. Always preview to make sure it worked properly.)
Note: The IMG codes should like something like this, as they surround the link to your image in your post:
How to RESIZE an image in 6 OUTRAGEOUSLY easy steps:
A. Follow the steps to post an image at "imgur.com" (Steps 1-4 in the "PAINFULLY easy" tutorial.)
B. Once the image is uploaded to imgur.com, click the "Edit image" button (toward the upper right part of the page).
C. To resize the image, change the numbers for either height or width -- keeping "lock proportions" checked.
D. Click "Apply".
E. Click "Save".
F. Follow Steps 5-6 in the "PAINFULLY easy" tutorial to post the image to A2K.