xris

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 03:59 am
I am interested to know if those banned on the old forum, be allowed to join this forum?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 2,309 • Replies: 23

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:01 am
@xris,
Nobody from Philforum is currently banned on able2know.
xris

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:00 am
@Robert Gentel,
Sorry any one previously banned on philoforum
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:17 am
@xris,
Does a2k ban people? I am still here and I am wildly unpopular with a certain segment of the population, to include the owner. I though the policy was to let the community kick the **** out of undesirables, but no moderator intervention. Besides, we don't have moderators anymore.
jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Ha, no. There are mods. And yes, we ban people on occasion.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:30 am
Well, I don't know..a bit strange..is this the first anarchic forum? A very interesting experiment in an anarchic society, if it was.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:39 am
Quote:
is this the first anarchic forum?

Very very far from the first.
xris

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:54 am
@dadpad,
Is that to say, it is ?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 06:08 am
I have seen other forums that are totaly anarchic. I wont refer you though. real bottom feeding stuff. Yech!
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:41 am
@xris,
I was once banned for Oprah Whinfryism.... That is, I assume, being too moderate for the moderators...
dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 10:00 am
@Fido,
Fido phil wrote:

I was once banned for Oprah Whinfryism.... That is, I assume, being too moderate for the moderators...

How did your Oprah Winfreyism manifest itself?
0 Replies

salima

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 10:19 am
@Fido,
you made it! Drunk
0 Replies

salima

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 10:21 am
@xris,
hi xris!
i guess we have to get email updates if we want to know who answered anything...? doesnt seem to be a place like we had on the old control panel page...
xris

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:42 am
@salima,
I feel like an alien forced to land on a strange planet. Nice to see you made it Salima.
hamburgboy

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:50 am
@xris,
welcome to a2k all !

don't you feel somewhat like the europeans " discovering " america ?

and you are being welcomed by the natives - ( who later on want to " scalp " you ) ?

Laughing Idea
Baal

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:32 pm
@hamburgboy,
considering the layout and the vast expanse of white, it seems more like antarctica
xris

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 07:05 am
@hamburgboy,
I just have to tell you it was us damned English settlers that started the scalping. It comes from taking prey trophies, like feet from rabbits and tails from fox. They even used squaw breasts for tobacco pouches..I know who are more like the barbarians. Even in Malaya the communist insurgents fingers were taken for body counts by the tribesman, we Brits used as trackers. They got paid by how many index fingers they produced.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 07:26 am
@Baal,
Baal wrote:

considering the layout and the vast expanse of white, it seems more like antarctica

You guys all seem to be having a Moby Dick experience!!!

Quote:
"It was the whiteness of the whale that above all things appalled me, †for all these accumulated associations, with whatever is sweet, and honourable, and sublime, there yet lurks an elusive something in the innermost idea of this hue, which strikes more of a panic to the soul than that redness which affrights in blood.

Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way? Or is it, that as in essence whiteness is not so much a color as the visible absence of color, and at the same time the concrete of all colors; is it for these reasons that there is such a dumb blankness, full of meaning, in a wide landscape of snows -- a colorless, all- color of atheism from which we shrink?"
"" Herman Melville, Moby Dick, The Whiteness of the Whale

0 Replies

salima

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 09:13 am
@xris,
hi xris!
i happened to find out by accident that all the banned members have been brought over with us alive and well and fully active here, as far as i can tell. they must have got emails telling them about the buyout...i think i will send one a pm and see if it gets answered.

was there one in particular you were looking for?
roger

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:07 pm
@hamburgboy,
Beads! I got pretty beads. Anybody bring tobacco?