Bush greatest threat world has ever seen

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:19 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mayor of london is not happy. From the independent in the UK:
Quote:
Livingstone says Bush is 'greatest threat to life on planet'
By Nigel Morris, Home Affairs Correspondent
18 November 2003

Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, launched a stinging attack on President George Bush last night, denouncing him as the "greatest threat to life on this planet that we've most probably ever seen".

His provocatively timed comments, on the eve of Mr Bush's arrival in London tonight, threaten to create severe embarrassment for the Prime Minister. They also come with talks under way on whether to re-admit Mr Livingstone to the Labour Party before his five-year exile ends.

Although he made his many differences with the Government on a range of issues clear, he reserved his strongest comments for the American President in an interview with The Ecologist magazine.

The President's three-night trip, which will culminate on Friday with a visit to the Prime Minister's Sedgefield constituency, has sparked a flood of protests from those opposed to his foreign policy. But Mr Livingstone's outburst makes him one of the most high-profile and explicit of his critics.

Thoughts? Here's the link: http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/story.jsp?s tory=464783
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,427 • Replies: 19
No top replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:38 pm
God instructs him.
Hey, we can all relax now. It's all cool. We got a Pres. that gets instructions straight from God. Rolling Eyes

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15198
0 Replies

Polski

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 08:38 pm
Bush is certainly not the greatest threat ever, however he has to be viewed as somewhat of a loose-cannon. Anyone who thinks he is doing God's will, whatever his/her denomination can be extremely dangerous to the population of the world in general, and to his own country's population in particular.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 08:42 pm
God's will?
Saying that one is doing God's will is one thing. Saying that God directly instructs them is a whole other matter. Anyone that isn't a bit stunned by that claim doesn't have brain activity.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 04:45 pm
I don't know why the British are so incensed with Bush. They should look inward after all their leader came along willingly. In fact for all we know he was the leader of the pack.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 07:23 pm
The real reason Blair teamed up?
I am fairly certain no one here knows but I would like to read some speculations as to why Blair decided to do so. I don't know why either and can only speculate that Blair wanted a piece of the Iraqi pie. Someone posted elsewhere that it had to do with the Euro.

Any guesses?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 08:03 pm
my wild guess is that Blair wanted to be the "bridge between Europe and the US" which would elevate his stature greatly. I dont think it worked out as he intended.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 08:14 pm
He neglected to consider that being a bridge would mean getting trodden upon.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 08:47 pm
Bugger - positing that Bush is the greatest danger to the world, ever, is giving the dolt too much credit. He's very very scary, very. But, I still don't think he's.... hmmm, who was the most dangerous then? Maybe it's because no one person can do anything against the world as a whole and I KNOW that the man is not the puppet master in this admin.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 08:50 pm
Of course GW is a puppet.
He can now use Nukes if he feels like doing so, though.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 08:52 pm
hmmmm.... didn't the last 10 or so administrations have that ability?
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 08:56 pm
Yes, and the reports on the cable channels at this time are calling Bush's speech "Churchillian".

I think that Hobitbob is still reading his mentor, Ghaddafi's speeches.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 09:40 pm
Personal harrassment gets one reported, Italgato. Very Happy
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 10:01 pm
Yes they did.
None of those Presidents claimed that God personally instructed them,though. Doesn't that make a diference to anyone? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 10:02 pm
Re: Yes they did.
pistoff wrote:
None of those Presidents claimed that God personally instructed them,though. Doesn't that make a diference to anyone? Rolling Eyes

I think most Americans find this to be so outrageous they choose to ignore it. I have dealt with this thing before in pysch patients. It is not something that vshould be ignored. Sad
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 11:15 pm
I strongly suspect...
that if I were to post that God was speaking to me personally and instructing me to attack people violently that a whole lot of people here would respond to that. :wink:
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 01:17 am
With sledgehammers! Very Happy
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:10 am
Direct instructions from god-yep that's scary. What's more scary is the fact that the voices are probably in his head!!!
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 07:04 am
Voice
Maybe Cheney sneaks into Shrub's bedroom when Shrub is sleeping and instructs him. That's probably the God that Shrub thinks is speaking to him. :wink:
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 12:37 pm
The mayor of London is a tosser. :wink:
0 Replies