• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,567 • Replies: 5
No top replies

fast

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:27 pm
@mister kitten,
Close your eyes. Relax. Pretend that there is a small hole (with a dim light coming in) directly on top of your head. With your eyes closed, role your eyes slowly upwards as if to look up through the hole at the light. It should create a slight pressure. Hold it for a few seconds and bring your eyes back straight again. Slowly open then close your eyes again. Repeat the process once more.

If that doesn't work, try aspirin.
qualia

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 04:52 pm
@fast,
I often do long days of classes. Afternoons are often 5.5 hours with only a twenty minute break. That's intense. There's no time to relax, it's full on stuff, so if I do start getting a headache, from the noise, the mental activity, the general concern and care of teaching teenagers, I generally pop a couple of paracetamols. Yeah, I know, it's probably bad for my health.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 07:41 am
@mister kitten,
Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 07:59 am
@mister kitten,
It depends on the cause of the headache. Many headaches are caused by dehydration so often hydrating fluids will cure the ill. Some are from stress and high blood pressure so relaxation is often good for those. Some are caused by caffeine withdrawal so a bit of caffeine can cure those. Other times nothing at all works so a bit of Ibuprofen may be needed. Otherwise, time itself generally cure headaches.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 09:04 am
@mister kitten,
it really depends on the type of headache-some get relief with ice packs applied, some with heat. i dont get them any more, but for other pain if i have to resort to them i find paracetamol good-and i read on the internet that it is essentially the same as acetaminophen but i find that it works way better. you also might look into food allergies, they can cause headaches.
0 Replies