Breathing

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 08:51 pm
So I know we all can breathe. But does anyone know the best way to do it? I would appreciate it very much if someone told me. I cannot find it on the google.

So yes. Thanks in advance. : )
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 865 • Replies: 3
No top replies

richrf

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 10:53 pm
@mister kitten,
mister kitten;82212 wrote:
So I know we all can breathe. But does anyone know the best way to do it? I would appreciate it very much if someone told me. I cannot find it on the google.

So yes. Thanks in advance. : )

Hi there mister kitten,

If you do a google or youtube search for pranayama, you will get some good links for the Yogic practice of breath. Here is an example:

YouTube - Breathing Exercises - Introduction to Pranayama

I personally think that too often instructors make too big a deal about what should be a simple and joyful practice.

Basically, you would like to learn to breathe from your lower abdominal area.

In Qigong, I teach a full body breathing where the whole body breathes through ever pore, and the body inflates like a balloon. It is very efficient and helps overall health.

Hope this helps.

Rich
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 03:55 am
@mister kitten,
Deep long breathes in through the nose and out through the mouth, it slows the heart beat down, after practise you'll relax immediately.
0 Replies

mister kitten

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 10:25 am
@mister kitten,
I had heard or read somewhere that breathing from the abdomen was the better way to do it. This is good because I have been doing it this way (in through the nose from the abdomen and out through the mouth) for about 4 months. I used to get dizzy alot before breathing like this. Thank you both for your replies; very appreciated.
0 Replies