The least cruel method of execution?

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 03:51 pm
I actually found myself agreeing with Scrat on something -- right up until the last paragraph. The the excesses took over and the agreement went out the window.

Scrat wrote:

Quote:
Once we decide that allowing this or that person to live among us is too great a risk, what we do with that person says nothing about who he or she is, and everything about who we are as a society.

Way, way over the top.

It is entirely possible to decide that a particular person IS too great a risk to live among us -- and have that decision reflect on the person -- not our society.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:03 pm
Bow & arrow.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:06 pm
The only thing I've ever seen that might have persuaded me to think maybe there is something to this death penalty thing after all was reading that convicts, even those serving life sentences, jump to the head of the line on organ donor lists when they have an organ failing.

Why?

Because they are in state or federal custody and the state or federal government is responsible for providing them with the best health care.

So while you watch your friend or relative die while waiting for a lung or a liver a convicted murderer might get the organ instead.

Hows that for a death penalty?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:08 pm
Quote:
Because they are in state or federal custody and the state or federal government is responsible for providing them with the best health care.

Then how come they are given antiquated (by American standards) dental care?

(Not a lament on behalf of the cons, you understand; just showing off my sexy, sexy awareness of dentistry...)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:11 pm
Undoubtedly, dental afficionados are quite sexy.

I didn't know they got bad dental care. Still it is probably better than the dental care of millions of uninsured Americans.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:15 pm
Shot in the head during a giant orgasm would be good.....I'm sure you could contract Brittney Spears for it the way her career's going........you could be coming and going at the same time....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:18 pm
Quote:
I didn't know they got bad dental care. Still it is probably better than the dental care of millions of uninsured Americans.

Yeah, much better. And they get a lot of it, 'cause the dentists in there like to have stuff to do. So lots of gold teeth it is. (Doesn't really help the rest of the profession, who are working to get rid of metal in our mouths, but that's probably exaggerated by stuck-up dentists who equate prison dentists with Quasimodo...)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:38 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Shot in the head during a giant orgasm would be good.....I'm sure you could contract Brittney Spears for it the way her career's going........you could be coming and going at the same time....

Scrat, I wrote this before noticing your suggestioin about the whack on the back of the head....didn't mean to plagarize........for once we agree about something.....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:45 pm
This, from pistoff....

Quote:
Only 3 states do not have the Death Penalty.

Is that true? That surprises me. Which are the declining three?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 04:55 pm
there are 12
ALASKA
HAWAII
IOWA
ME
MASS.
MICH.
MINN
ND
R.I
VT.
W. VA.
WIS.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 05:00 pm
That sounds more reasonable. Thanks, Dys.

(I knew three sounded a bit low)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 05:58 pm
Wait a sec, are we talking legal death penalty, or vigilante justice? I am Canadian and very confused. How you Americans keep it all together is beyond me, really.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 06:02 pm
"leagal" death penalty my dark, brooding Canadian friend. Vigilante justice is what people like Tom Tancredo advocate. Sad
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 06:05 pm
I feel your pain, and suggest you all move here.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 06:14 pm
Thanks for the correction.
I have been thinking about moving to the west coast of Canada. Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 06:35 pm
Could I make it as a middle aged hard rock semi star in Toronto?

And could I keep my karaoke business running up there?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 08:04 pm
errrrrrrrr, cav, do you think you could like, check with the rest of the team before you start inviting people up here?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 08:07 pm
damn ebeth is that a cold rebuff? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 08:08 pm
I've been to Canada several times. The natives were very hostile.

I feared for my life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 08:16 pm
Cold and hostile.

The weather's been like that lately. Must been rubbing off on my mood. Confused

Sorry, bpBear.
0 Replies