The root of all evil and sin revealed

Aedes

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:51 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;68073 wrote:
I dont think i have ever been in place with so many guys and not one iota of prejudice...
There is prejudice here, unfortunately. Not institutionally, but it's here in the postings. The problem is that when someone poses an issue for discussion (or responds to one), sometimes this person is unaware that a line can be crossed between casual intellectual discussion and prejudicial speech. Our job on this forum is not to hash out the great problems of history at the expense of social civility and modern sensibility. We're not here first and foremost because of philosophy. We're here first and foremost because it's a social environment where we can talk with people who have a shared interest. Our job as moderators is to foster a permissive environment.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:07 pm
@the wise one phil,
Yes normally I dont respond to posts that have prejudice against women in them and I didn't respond to this thread, (or one of them, i forget), for awhile, I felt as one of the few women on this forum that I had to say something.
Justin

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 07:18 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;68080 wrote:
Yes normally I dont respond to posts that have prejudice against women in them and I didn't respond to this thread, (or one of them, i forget), for awhile, I felt as one of the few women on this forum that I had to say something.

You are free to respond to any post on this forum and do so without fear.

Aedes;68076 wrote:
Our job on this forum is not to hash out the great problems of history at the expense of social civility and modern sensibility. We're not here first and foremost because of philosophy. We're here first and foremost because it's a social environment where we can talk with people who have a shared interest. Our job as moderators is to foster a permissive environment.

Well said Paul!
0 Replies

ejones4uoregon

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 08:14 pm
@the wise one phil,
This discussion could only be the result of sexual repression. The root of all evil could be traced back to someone unable to express his or her sexual urges, and thus became resentful, making others feel guilty for such "cosmic pleasure". Haters...
0 Replies

Eudaimon

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 10:26 pm
@the wise one phil,
Well. I enjoy how sexophiles like to advise their opponents to go psychologists, psychoanalists etc.: indeed, they consider their life to be healthy and these imbeciles... Drug addict thinks those who don't take drugs are cowards...
Allow me to show your hypocrisy. You are against only those things that are deemed to be outlawful in your world: sexism, racism, fascism etc. If I started to protect Stalin or Lenin or Alexander of Macedonia, you will not ban me. Further, surely, if someone started posting how he loves women, you wouldn't ban him. Yet this would be not farther from the truth than this thread. It's all because of your personal preferrances, which is evident from style of moderators' and admin's post.
And I don't feel any insult if someone started preaching how he/she hates men, although my body is male. It's just that you cannot yet ascend from the level where these differences (in genital organs) has any meaning.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 12:49 am
@the wise one phil,
It's not fear that prevents me from responding i just normally cant be be bothered, i just feel more responsibility here to say something, normally i wouldnt bother because once an extremist always an extremist.
RE:Eudaimaon. The man was a woman hater, so you'd let people spout abuse and insults towards others members because that's what he was doing, you'd let racists on here then would you, people that show hate towards another group whether based on their sex, religion, race, it should not be tolerated, they dont defend a political postion or a religious positon like you suggested, they dont defend any legitimate positons, they hate and your nor grasping that there is a fine line between opposing someone or someones beliefs whatever thrn actually insulting them with nothing behind it other than pure hate not any logical reasoning or belief. It is very dangerous to protect a bigot with this message of 'he has a right', no he doesnt, he does not have a right to come here and have a go at me simply because im a woman, that is totalyy illogical and based on hatred only, im surprised at you Eud, he outright insulted me but thanks for letting that slide, glad your not admin! If you were then i would've surely left as you would've let this nutcase post his drivel, you'd have no women here Eud if you let it go on maybe you'd be happy with that?
And in my opinion he'll need alot more than a pshycologist to sort him out.
And where did you get this rubbish that all drug users think that people who dont take drugs are cowards?
Eudaimon

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 01:14 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;68213 wrote:
The man was a woman hater, so you'd let people spout abuse and insults towards others members because that's what he was doing, you'd let racists on here then would you, people that show hate towards another group whether based on their sex, religion, race, it should not be tolerated, they dont defend a political postion or a religious positon like you suggested, they dont defend any legitimate positons, they hate and your nor grasping that there is a fine line between opposing someone or someones beliefs whatever thrn actually insulting them with nothing behind it other than pure hate not any logical reasoning or belief.

To me his position is still unclear (unfortunately, I am not so perspicacious as thou or Justin), and I should like to hear his arguments. Now, I, however, shall never know that ('Dura lex, sed lex').
And this statement that if someone started logically prove his statements, they would not ban him, is false. What if someone started speaking that the holocaust was necessary, or that Negroes must be slaves 'because their race is inferior to the white'? They would definetly ban him. Yet if some one started protecticting Stalin's regime with its GULAGs, or justify fires of the inquisition, they would probably started objecting to this, yet not ban. Why? Because these 'judges' are also conditioned and look on the world from that tiny window society gave them and see everything in the colour which society designed for them.
Caroline;68213 wrote:
It is very dangerous to protect a bigot with this message of 'he has a right', no he doesnt, he does not have a right to come here and have a go at me simply because im a woman, that is totalyy illogical and based on hatred only, im surprised at you Eud, he outright insulted me but thanks for letting that slide, glad your not admin! If you were then i would've surely left as you would've let this nutcase post his drivel, you'd have no women here Eud if you let it go on maybe you'd be happy with that?
And in my opinion he'll need alot more than a pshycologist to sort him out.

Try to read carefully what I am typing. WE ARE NOT MEN AND WOMEN. This division is artificial, based on identification with body. The true self is sexless. Yet thy posts and thy sense of insult shows obviously that keepst identifying with thy poor body. And (please, understand what I mean) I should indeed like that on this forum there would be neither men, nor women, neither Christian nor Buddhist, neither Russian, nor American. These all are labels that separates us. And no, that poor chap didn't say he hated THEE, stop that false identification with genitals, with anything, and thou wilt feel indescribable freedom. And none post will be able to insult thee. As I have just said: say thou hatest men, that will not insult me. Just because I, true I, am not man. I hope thou gottest that.
Caroline;68213 wrote:
And where did you get this rubbish that all drug users think that people who dont take drugs are cowards?

I didn't say that ALL drug addicts think that, yet this si really very common.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 01:36 pm
@the wise one phil,
I thought he made his position clear.
I disagree, i dont think a person who said the holocust was necessary would be banned, i think people would ask why he/she thought that, isnt that freedom of speech.
I used to feel asexual but you cant escape your sex and i will always defend it, fight to protect our rights, etc we do get a raw deal somtimes in areas. Yes the true self is sexless but living in the real world seperates us. No he didnt say he hated me, he said he hated women and im a woman. I dont actually make that identification with the genitals, it's others who do that for me. It is not me who me who make this false identification.
I did say i normally cant be bothered with posts like T.W.O., does that not show thee thy is not insulted? That i am free. I didnt bother responding to his threads for awhile because i couldnt be bothered but as im one of the few active women here i felt i had to say something. I never respond to things like this normally, i learnt thine lesson like years ago.
Eudaimon

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 07:12 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;68340 wrote:
I thought he made his position clear.
I disagree, i dont think a person who said the holocust was necessary would be banned, i think people would ask why he/she thought that, isnt that freedom of speech.

No, my friend, they would (I know that from some past discussions). But let us better not argue about that but ask them... Maybe someone will condescend to respond...
Caroline;68340 wrote:
I used to feel asexual but you cant escape your sex and i will always defend it, fight to protect our rights, etc we do get a raw deal somtimes in areas.

Hey, I don't think that chap was against women rights. Normally namely sexophiles are against women rights. What dost thou think he would do with women? Surely not try to make them sit at home, cook, raise children and satisfy men's desires -- THIS is really against women rights, and THIS makes many of them behave disgusting, which that fellow obviously hated. I see that biased posts like Justin's and Khethil's made him think that all are sexophile here, and their reaction is nothing but protection of their own lifestyle, which I think is obvious from their hateful posts.
I am not an advocate and I may be mistaking, yet after that disgusting acts of forum administration, we shall never know what was his real position.
Caroline;68340 wrote:
Yes the true self is sexless but living in the real world seperates us. No he didnt say he hated me, he said he hated women and im a woman.

Isn't that like to say: "This is tree, yet this is not tree"?
Caroline;68340 wrote:
I dont actually make that identification with the genitals, it's others who do that for me. It is not me who me who make this false identification.

Look, were there no identification, there wouldn't be even desire, even urege to ban anyone... As I have just said: I really don't care if someone started posting how he hates men. I should probably even agree with him concerning those who call themselves men:).
Justin

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:33 am
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon;68200 wrote:
Well. I enjoy how sexophiles like to advise their opponents to go psychologists, psychoanalists etc.: indeed, they consider their life to be healthy and these imbeciles... Drug addict thinks those who don't take drugs are cowards...

Not exactly sure what you mean by the above. Nobody said anything about it.

Eudaimon;68200 wrote:
Allow me to show your hypocrisy. You are against only those things that are deemed to be outlawful in your world: sexism, racism, fascism etc. If I started to protect Stalin or Lenin or Alexander of Macedonia, you will not ban me. Further, surely, if someone started posting how he loves women, you wouldn't ban him. Yet this would be not farther from the truth than this thread. It's all because of your personal preferrances, which is evident from style of moderators' and admin's post.

Aren't you assuming quite a bit here? We had a guy that talked about his philosophy of loving dolphins, he was banned as well. Not for discussing it but because sex with dolphins is smut for another site, not this one.

However, you are correct. Personal preferences do reflect in moderation and administration style, that's a given on most forums. If it's my personal preference that this forum shall lean away from sweeping insults then that's our choice. If you don't like it, then you are able to find a forum that better fits your style of passive administration. They're out there so please don't end that search.

Eudaimon;68200 wrote:
And I don't feel any insult if someone started preaching how he/she hates men, although my body is male. It's just that you cannot yet ascend from the level where these differences (in genital organs) has any meaning.

Congratulations on this. It doesn't bother me either. Has nothing to do with this thread topic or why this individual was banned.

Eudaimon;68336 wrote:
To me his position is still unclear (unfortunately, I am not so perspicacious as thou or Justin), and I should like to hear his arguments. Now, I, however, shall never know that ('Dura lex, sed lex').

It is unclear yet his voice has spoken that of which he feels or perceives in the heart. That's fine and dandy.

Eudaimon;68336 wrote:
And this statement that if someone started logically prove his statements, they would not ban him, is false. What if someone started speaking that the holocaust was necessary, or that Negroes must be slaves 'because their race is inferior to the white'? They would definetly ban him. Yet if some one started protecticting Stalin's regime with its GULAGs, or justify fires of the inquisition, they would probably started objecting to this, yet not ban. Why? Because these 'judges' are also conditioned and look on the world from that tiny window society gave them and see everything in the colour which society designed for them.

What if? What is it you are saying? You are shooting from the hip with loaded assumptions based on how you perceive things here and how this forum is moderated. Like I said, nobody is keeping you here, if you don't like it then find the place on the net that best suits you. As far as I'm concerned, I realize that neither I, this forum, or this administration can possibly please everyone and that's perfectly OK, that's not the purpose of it.

Eudaimon;68336 wrote:
Try to read carefully what I am typing. WE ARE NOT MEN AND WOMEN. This division is artificial, based on identification with body. The true self is sexless. Yet thy posts and thy sense of insult shows obviously that keepst identifying with thy poor body. And (please, understand what I mean) I should indeed like that on this forum there would be neither men, nor women, neither Christian nor Buddhist, neither Russian, nor American. These all are labels that separates us. And no, that poor chap didn't say he hated THEE, stop that false identification with genitals, with anything, and thou wilt feel indescribable freedom. And none post will be able to insult thee. As I have just said: say thou hatest men, that will not insult me. Just because I, true I, am not man. I hope thou gottest that.

I fully agree here but for every 1 that agrees we'll find 1000 that do not, so what's your point?

Eudaimon;68336 wrote:
I didn't say that ALL drug addicts think that, yet this si really very common.

While this may be common in your world, it's not something I see as common in mine.

Eudaimon;68521 wrote:
No, my friend, they would (I know that from some past discussions). But let us better not argue about that but ask them... Maybe someone will condescend to respond...

Like I said before, you don't really know. You are assuming things but again, it really doesn't matter. If you want to administrate this forum and think you can do a better job, I'm more than willing to arrange that. No sense in arguing about anything. If our moderation team and the active and present members of this forum don't think we should discuss certain things on this forum then that's up to them. Your opinion is very important to us and your voice heard but you seem to assume an awful lot, but again this isn't an argument.

Let me reiterate so it's understood. Personally I don't care to appease everyone. Anyone who thinks they can is seeing ghosts. It's simply not possible. That said, this is not a forum for everyone and will never be. Sometimes we have to ban people and although none of us like to have to do it, it's part of administering a forum. After 3 years of administering a community we've evolved to know and understand that it would take too much energy to make everyone happy and still not accomplish that. So, like you'd do in a garden, we pull the weeds and maintain the forum to the best of our ability.

Eudaimon;68336 wrote:
I see that biased posts like Justin's and Khethil's made him think that all are sexophile here, and their reaction is nothing but protection of their own lifestyle, which I think is obvious from their hateful posts.

No that's not it at all and our posts were not hateful. If that's how you perceive them, then maybe you should interview forum administrators and moderators and find the best one that you agree with and then settle in there. This is fundamentally a choice.

You have a choice to be here and we have a choice of how moderation and administration will be executed. We're not perfect at what we do, we simply do the best we can with what we have to work with. It's about choices we all have.

Eudaimon;68336 wrote:
I am not an advocate and I may be mistaking, yet after that disgusting acts of forum administration, we shall never know what was his real position.

Our position has been made very clear.

Eudaimon;68336 wrote:
Look, were there no identification, there wouldn't be even desire, even urege to ban anyone... As I have just said: I really don't care if someone started posting how he hates men. I should probably even agree with him concerning those who call themselves men:).

This is a garden and we can choose what we will allow to grow in this garden. It's a very simple concept.

If you'd like to administrate this forum and think you can do a better job, please don't hesitate to PM me and maybe we an arrange it because to be honest, explaining and managing any community takes a lot of energy and costs a lot of money.

Peace!
0 Replies

William

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 12:24 pm
@the wise one phil,
Eudaimon,

This is a very critical thread. It goes to the root of all our "evil". We must destoy that root, and destroy it for good. To assume it is woman, is a very egotistical opinion of man. We, mankind screwed up, not womankind. It is the very "male" that interpreted what he thought "god" thought, is what has cause all this chaos. What are we to do-destroy woman? I think not. Should we try and control her? I think not. Woman has just as much right to be on this planet as man. As a matter of a fact we were specifically design to live on this planet in "perfect" harmony with it. Now in those erroneous intrepretations that were "induced" in the male written bible, is the root of our problems. This root that grows this tree had many, many limbs. As Justin so brilliantly alluded to in his post. He was right on the mark. You just cannot cut off the limbs you must get to the root and destroy it forever and plant a "new tree". The real tree of life. Once you destroy the root, all the limbs will simply wither and die. If you try and destroy just the limbs, it will only sprout anew with many more limbs that lead to more and more and more and more limbs. Hello, the year 1 anno dominia. I have always said "May God be with you. It's time we truly began to understand what that really means"

William
0 Replies

Eudaimon

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 12:04 pm
@the wise one phil,
Justin, I thought this is PHILOSOPHY forum... Maybe we have different understanding of its purpose -- I have always thought it is aimed at learning how to live happy and helping others to achieve the same, not just to boast one's knowledge, therefore I cannot understand such procedures as banning, especially when it is caused by one's own preferences. Well, it's just that I was deceived by the name of this forum...
I had a conversation with Didymos Thomas on this account and posted him some of my suggestions, if thou art interested...

William, I do understand that we need to destroy the very root of evil in order to overcome it completely. This fellow said that its root is sexuality, and I think we should have discussed that. (The more so because many psychologists would agree with him...) And I don't think he was a woman-hater. We should have further questioned him so as to understand his position.
Justin

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 08:58 am
@Eudaimon,
Eudaimon;69164 wrote:
Justin, I thought this is PHILOSOPHY forum... Maybe we have different understanding of its purpose -- I have always thought it is aimed at learning how to live happy and helping others to achieve the same, not just to boast one's knowledge, therefore I cannot understand such procedures as banning, especially when it is caused by one's own preferences. Well, it's just that I was deceived by the name of this forum...

Obviously you've never had to administrate a forum. It doesn't matter whether it's a philosophy forum or domain forum, administrators of forums have to ban people to keep certain junk from cluttering their forums. In this case, I felt it was junk and so did the other staff members.

BTW, what does banning someone have to do with 'boasting ones knowledge'? I don't see the correlation here.

Eudaimon;69164 wrote:
I had a conversation with Didymos Thomas on this account and posted him some of my suggestions, if thou art interested...

Not really.

Eudaimon;69164 wrote:
William, I do understand that we need to destroy the very root of evil in order to overcome it completely. This fellow said that its root is sexuality, and I think we should have discussed that. (The more so because many psychologists would agree with him...) And I don't think he was a woman-hater. We should have further questioned him so as to understand his position.

The root of all evil for this young man was understood to be women. Hell why not, lets start destroying women... What you believe to be the root of all evil and what another person may believe are different things. So shall we all simply turn into warriors and destroy what we perceive to be evil? Based on the amount of people in world and the various perceptions of evil, that would mean destroying everyone and everything. Wow, now isn't that ironic.

This had nothing to so with sex being the root because he said women are the root of all sin and evil. Women aren't sex. Sex is sex and if it were brought up that sex was the root of all sin and evil and a discussion to follow up on this, we wouldn't be here now discussing this very thread and he wouldn't have been banned. However, that's not the case.

My suggestion would be to open a new thread discussing this very topic without reservations and without agendas.

It's obvious this thread is really going nowhere. I'd like to also add that if anyone comes into this forum proselytizing that Women or a race, color, creed, religion, etc is the root of all evil, they too will be banned. Come in here with an agenda that is harmful to others or discriminative, or belittling, they too will be banned. If you don't like it... that's not my problem.

This thread is closed!
0 Replies