What really grates on YOUR nerves at work?

cavfancier

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 09:06 am
I am currently annoyed that a supplier has not called me back regarding changes to an order I need to pick up.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:00 am
Adrian wrote:
Are there any industries out there that don't have customers?!?

The company I work for only has one customer. Unfortunately it is the organisation who run the British railways (NetworkRail) and they are a load of ignorant inefficient dinosaurs...
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 06:36 pm
People are wonderful -- until they become customers.

I have a good vocabulary and I know how to spell better than many people. This usually gets known around the workplace, and I often do proofreading on documents others write.

The thing that really bugs me are the people who ask, "How do you spell thus-and-such?" I reply, "t-h-u-s, etc.", and they reply, "Thanks. I better see what Webster says." And they head for the nearest dictionary.

WHY DO THEY EVEN ASK???
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:39 am
Noxious perfumery fumes are a pet peeve of mine. It freaks me out, and I'm not just talking of ladies here ... some gents can slap on the aftershave/cologne a bit liberally too! However I am not shy about coughing up a lung and sputtering that I can't breathe and then asking "What is that overpowering smell?". When someone looks suitably embarassed and flees to the bathroom to wash-up, I pretend I didn't know it was them and I didn't mean anything by it. <My bad?>
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:42 am
I would make a terrible customer service person - I once hung up on a customer who was yelling at me, telling him when he could speak civilly he should call back. But guess what, boys and girls, a huge part of my job is .... CUSTOMER SERVICE! It's pretty interesting alright since I deal with all types of people and if you throw me under a bus I will chase you down and beat you to a pulp ... okay okay I need more coffee this morning. Gotta take a couple of calls ...
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:49 am
Anyone who works in engineering/construction or similar fields will know of the old "Site vs Office" fight:

Site: Them in the Office make us do paperwork. What's the point?
Office: Them on Site won't do the paperwork. What's the point?

I've currently been tasked with tidying up the plant hire records on our finance system. The monkeys on Site have been sending plant back to the suppliers without telling the Office (via the necessary paperwork). Result? £xxx,xxx of costs on the contracts which don't really exist! There are hundreds of items. I ring up Site and ask where the generators, strimmers, floodlights etc have gone. "Oh, we sent them back in August". Grrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:51 am
A client who I am supposed to be doing a gift certificate dinner for tomorrow night called me, was incredibly rude, and asked what it would cost to add two more people to the dinner. I told her, and she said with disdain: "What? You know, you could get a 5-star dinner for that price..." I had to strangle myself from saying: "What the f--- do you think you are getting b----?" Anyway, as it is a certificate dinner, and I am VERY busy, I am putting her off until January, heh heh. I love the "some restrictions apply" clause on all my certificates. Laughing
0 Replies

debbierymer

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:36 pm
The rude "airline attendant" that knows you're stuck with her for the duration of the flight, so you'd better be nice. (or else) Why can't we all fly first class?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:13 pm
Directly bringing in hundreds of thousands of dollars to the company in sales revenues, and getting a $150 Xmas/annual bonus. I already told them it's a slap in the face and to keep it this year. Cheap bastards. Can't wait to get out.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:34 pm
I was getting particularily annoyed at one client who was supposed to pick up a gift certificate for his girlfriend. I left several messages, indicating that I was a tad peeved that he wasn't returning my calls. While I was on a job, he called and left a message to say that the reason he hadn't called back was because his dad died the same week he ordered the gift. I felt like a total heel. I left him a nice message with my sincerest condolences. Having your dad die this close to the holidays is just horrid. Sad
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:47 pm
cav - i'd say 'bad cav, bad bad cav' but you didn't know...

i'm ticked at a girl at work who distributed tickets to people who hadn't paid for their portion of our luncheon when i SPECIFICALLY told her not to give tickets to people who didn't pay. idiocy...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:35 pm
Worked by self today, only one person to blame.

No, wait... the telephone!!
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 01:17 am
Pretty much work for me.

I've looked it up, and work is the ancient mesopotamian word for hell. It all made so much more sense for me once I discovered this.

onyxelle wrote:
I'm a trial clerk (court clerk) and the thing that irks me so badly is this: Defendants cause everyone to go into Trial mode. We have to order up jurors, go through HOURS sometimes of voir dire, and then, the very last second....they want to take a plea - ARRGGGHHHHH !!!!

I can sympathize. My second time doing jury duty, I actually got called back for jury selection. We filed into the courtroom, and after about five minutes we were ushered out. Half hour later someone comes out and tells us to go back to the pool-room. He looked at the jury and decided to plea bargain.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:21 am
In my new job, we have to sit in open bays (no office for technology - promotes better co-operation and stuff like that) and I just hate it when people come and stare at yr computer screen....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 04:32 am
Turner_727 wrote:
I've looked it up, and work is the ancient mesopotamian word for hell. It all made so much more sense for me once I discovered this.

that explains everything! now i understand Smile
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 05:23 am
The only radio station that comes in is playing really bad Christmas music 'round the clock.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:01 am
At the moment, just going there. We've had 4 people leave the department in the last year, with another one going next month. And they've made no attempt to replace any of them. I'm starting to think we're part of some grand experiment, seeing exactly how much extra work they can pile on top of people until they finally snap.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:38 am
And the winners are the ones that quit, eh, Wil? Wink
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 10:57 am
these dummies in upper management at the insurance company have forced me to cancel my dr's appt today. Whatever the hell they've got going on, no insurance can be verified, so no one can get any service today and we've all had to reschedule our apptments. This week the office is nearly deserted and I was trying to be a good little employee and go when it wouldn't interfere with anything going on during the hectic week back next week - think i'm going to be considerate again? oh HELLLLL no! I'm very pissed off.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 12:59 pm
regimented attitudes and control freaks
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
0 Replies