bang bang, you're dead

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 01:38 pm
I feel the world has finaly taken leave of it's sences. I've just been watching the news and Iraq is daily turning into a bigger & bigger bloodbath. Multiple explosions occuring in the north & south. It's all gotten out of hand. Vietnam 2 & then some.
Iraq sits midway between Afgan & Palestine/Israel. It would be no great surprise to me if all 3 areas became one huge battlefield. Europe & America would not be immune & would suffer repeat attacks on the lines of the NYC twin towers holocaust.
The whole thing is going to escalate, go pear shape, belly up & will end up as Armageddon, with bells & whistles heralding a headlong rush into oblivion. The cultural void between Muslims & the West is not going to change or vanish up the Swanee River. Saddam & Bin Laden plus their followers are here to stay & we will not stop them.
Next week Bush is coming to the UK & bringing an entourage of 700 people, inc. security guards, reps. from various USA Depts, plus sniffer dogs & any amount of hardware. Hardly the the kinda baggage that a peace loving Prez carries, more like a full blown deployment of Murder Incorperated.
The 20th century saw more & more wars taking place and resulting in over 100 million deaths, according to the Red Cross. Not a lot to be proud of, even if we do live a comfortable life in our Western Culture. Specialy with the famines, droughts, poverty that besets so many countries.
There is always a justification for war, we are told. But if it turns up in your own back yard, who you gonna call ? Bush, Blair, Saddam, the UN, the local dog catcher ?
A cynical viewpoint ? Maybe, but convince me I'm wrong, if you can.
Cos Bush & Blair never will. Thet've bitten off more than they can chew
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 686 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 01:40 pm
Points well taken, old son. Bush should stay at home and save the US taxpayers some money.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 01:41 pm
OaK!

Someone was just asking about you over here on this thread. Great timing!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=437436#437436
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 01:44 pm
D'Art. you can expect a big tax raise next year in the USA.

Butrlfly -- hi, I'll take a ball of chalk over there and have a butchers hook
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:31 pm
Don't worry Bush has a new plan. And as soon as they tell him what it is it will be implemented. Another day another lie err I mean plan.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:52 pm
Bush, advisers set to map Iraq strategy

Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 11:27am EST

In an atmosphere of urgency, President Bush and his top foreign advisers sought new strategies Wednesday to speed the transfer of political power in Iraq as a top-secret intelligence report warned that Iraqis are losing faith in the US-led occupation forces.
The mood was darkened by a truck-bomb explosion in southern Iraq that killed at least 14 Italians. "We honor the sacrifice of the brave Italian soldiers who gave their lives to help the Iraqi people," presidential spokesman Scott McClellan said.

Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney sat down with L. Paul Bremer, the top U.S. administrator in Baghdad, at a National Security Council meeting also attended by Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Colin Powell and National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice.

The urgency of the talks was underscored by the fact that Rumsfeld temporarily delayed takeoff for a trip to Asia to attend the White House session and Bremer was hurriedly summoned from Baghdad. Rumsfeld left at mid-morning for the Asia trip.

McClellan said this was an "important phase" in Iraq, and acknowledged "there are difficulties ahead," but he declined to speculate or offer details about what options were being discussed, or when decisions would be made.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:00 pm
Au -------] the thing is, no one knows what will happen next, so the coalition can't plan or get things running smoothly cos Saddam and his cohorts don't give a dime for any life. They want power and they'll go on and on ad in finitum, till they havewhat they want.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:27 pm
The problem is there was no real Intel, if there was they could or should have anticipated the possibility of these happenings. The Bush administration missed the boat completely. Their planning if one can call it that was/is a complete failure.
As they say "Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread"
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:49 pm
'Iraqification' dilemmas

http://csmonitor.com/2003/1113/p09s01-coop.html
0 Replies