Can Communism work?

Fido

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 08:12 pm
@DRgenius21,
I have to hold with Schopenhaur, as I understand him having read but little; but he warned against individuation, and I believe especially in regard to the will... I trust that Nietzsche took will in a totally different light, thinking of art, music, and even crime as expressions of individual will... But that is individuation, while will, the thing in itself might better be thought of as our lives which we hold in common...Now each life is expressed individually, so, to an extent, is will as we know it... If an individual evolves an adaptation to an environment that gives him an edge, his will suddenly has a new expression, and it is will, in life and in its genetic expression, we recieve from our parents... They demonstrated their will to survive, and in bearing children, and we can do no better, so that when we pass on life we pass on will; but it is hardly, as a thing it itself, THE thing in itself for us, life, individual...We are social...Our forms are social, and our forms are more essential to our adaptation to every environment than our genes...Even a genetic adaptation needs the support of the community to survive... Does that make sense according to what you know???
0 Replies

Elmud

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 05:26 pm
@DRgenius21,
DRgenius21 wrote:
The idea of communism is, in my opinion, not so bad. The idea of a stateless society, no class difference, a social Utopia, the perfect society, it sounds great; however, every government that has tried it has failed(miserably if i must say). So is the idea of communism, whichever you pick(marxism, lenism, taoism...) is it impossible? Cuba tried it...FAILED. Any others i'm pretty sure failed too, so can this type of government be succcessful?

I was thinking of Confucianism for some reason in regards to this. Wait a minute, is that a religious topic? I guess it is nowadays. But, long ago, religion and politics were kind of the same thing. But anyway, The ideal societal order proposed in this, seemed to make sense to me. Until I read a few Neo Confucianist quotes . Things like, a woman ruler is like a hen crowing. I think that the basic concepts of many political philosophies in their early stages sound pretty good. It is when man tries to implement them, and fails miserably, that the concept meets its downfall. Just my opinion.
Fido

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 07:05 pm
@DRgenius21,
Idealism seeks to destroy reality and and only destroys people... Why not hold up an ideal, and let people work out their own deal and details??? Just remember that what people come up with has got to work, and not over a pile of dead bodies....Forms/ideals are not real...People are real...And yes, there is a lot os similarity between ideal religious virtue, and ideal economic virtue...There is a lot of morality to communism just as to all religions... But each is a tyranny of the worst sort... People can quickly see through a simple tyranny... A tyranny of an ideal is a terrible thing, even if retrospect...Let us hope those days are behind us...
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 11:07 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud wrote:
I was thinking of Confucianism for some reason in regards to this. Wait a minute, is that a religious topic? I guess it is nowadays. But, long ago, religion and politics were kind of the same thing. But anyway, The ideal societal order proposed in this, seemed to make sense to me. Until I read a few Neo Confucianist quotes . Things like, a woman ruler is like a hen crowing. I think that the basic concepts of many political philosophies in their early stages sound pretty good. It is when man tries to implement them, and fails miserably, that the concept meets its downfall. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't consider Confucianism as religion, although many wrongfully do. If Confucianism is considered religion then other social philosophies should as well--even if they have little to do with religion.
Elmud

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 04:54 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
I wouldn't consider Confucianism as religion, although many wrongfully do. If Confucianism is considered religion then other social philosophies should as well--even if they have little to do with religion.

They probably should take it out of the college textbooks in the world religion classes then.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 07:38 pm
@DRgenius21,
How about a show of hand of all who think their religion is world class and think all the other religions are turd class....
0 Replies