The problem of evil

Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 23 May, 2010 09:54 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;165415 wrote:
When the Love of Self overpowers the Love of All, chaos ensues. This chaos is what people call evil.

Those that believe in the existence of evil have already put Self above All.

---------- Post added 05-17-2010 at 01:15 PM ----------

It makes you feel better to think that some "evil" entity is out there causing pain and suffering. Thats childish ignorance. There are only men who choose right action and men who choose wrong action. Evil is a fairy tale.
[/COLOR]

Evil is a fairy tale?? come on face reality for once in your life, put yourself in the shoes of those poor souls that were abused and poisoned in NAZI death camps and then talk again
Fido

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 05:45 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;167937 wrote:
[/COLOR]

Evil is a fairy tale?? come on face reality for once in your life, put yourself in the shoes of those poor souls that were abused and poisoned in NAZI death camps and then talk again

You don't get it Alan... Our conception of the thing is not the thing... Every day people like Hitler are born, and most of them become the nobodies Hitler should have become... We; all of us, by accepting immorality is small ways and in larger, by accepting injustice when we benefit from it though it benefits no one, are making the next Hitler unavoidable. We are not ever going to get moral people as the product of an immoral society or a moral society as the product of an immoral people, and to say good or evil entirely misses the point, because evil is an abstraction but morality is a fact...

And I will admit that the most moral people can be the most ruthless and brutal to others out of their moral sense, but if they are moral then that feeling can be expanded to all of humanity with hope...I do not think the Jews or Arabs of Palestine are fun people, but they are each moral in the traditional sense of morals, but if they were not, there would be absolutely no hope for them...
0 Replies

Plathagoras

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 11:55 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;164191 wrote:
Origin of Evil.

Here are my conclusions on the origin of Evil.

I cannot comprehend the view that a perfect, good; loving god of pure light could ever conceive the concept of evil in his totally pure and holy mind.

Evil is totally opposite to gods absolute goodness, completely alien to his innate intrinsic nature and essence. All evil is a monstrous abomination to God.

God is perfect and would, therefore, does not permit the concept of evil to originate or exist in his perfect holy mind or in his presence of pure light.

Contrary to mainstream Philosophy/Religion I hold the view that God is NOT omniscient and not strictly omnipotent. However, God is absolute Good. Since God is not omniscient, God can make an innocent error(creation of something evil). God is the highest power there is, and has the power to correct evil, however God can not correct evil immediately, because God is not strictly omnipotent.

Bottomline is, the Omniscience and strict Omnipotence of God are unsubstantiated claims by mainstream Philosophy/Religion.
Twirlip

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 12:05 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;164191 wrote:
[...]

God is omnipotent (all-powerful), omnipresent (all - present) and omniscient (all - knowing) he is however not "everything" god is "light" and in him is no darkness whatsoever! , Therefore, "darkness" must be an external something separate from Himself.

[...]

I was shown an evil monster of almost infinite intelligence lurks in the deepest darkness of the void (hell), while there. It is this eternal monster that I believe tempted Lucifer, resulting in his downfall and his metamorphosis into Satan or the Devil. This monster is the complete opposite to god and dwells in utmost darkness deep, and very remote from god. I know this is true as I was shown this Malignant Monstrous Beast by an intelligence I took for God, while in the Void (HELL).

I was told that it is God's eternal enemy and the reason for evil and its origin and perpetuation. This thing is almost as mighty as God is himself! (Light against darkness). It seemed to be some type of antigod? There is an Anti-Christ-why not an Anti-God, Maybe they are one and the same evil being?

[...]

On what basis do I justify my previous statements? They are justified on the basis of my own personal terrible confrontation with this evil monster that lurks deep in the "Void" or hell. (Three times during brought on by near death episodes).

This "void" monster is worshiped by Satan and I am convinced is the ultimate source and origin of all evil. Satan did not confront me during one of my near death experiences, but by something almost infinitely worse! Satan is the prince of darkness, not the king of Evil! This thing is god's eternal enemy and has a diabolic almost infinite evil dark intelligence and power.

I experienced that God due to his innate perfection is forced to judge Evil (darkness) and remove it forever from his being. I felt this judgment more as an emotional separation from God, with feelings of utter darkness, desolation, despair, and fear terror, horror and everlasting dark cold hopelessness, the Void.

I was shown that totally depraved dark evil beings , would have to eternally exist, somewhere far together, forever, separate and remote from god's love and could never enter his light. (Darkness cannot penetrate the light!). Because of their utter evil depravity and darkness, totally

Evil and Depraved beings would never enter Gods light and would be forgotten by God in their own Evil Depraved Perversions forever in the Void" A terrible thought".

[...]

I have a horrible feeling that you might be right, about at least some of this (although I have no knowledge of the existence of a being or beings named Satan, Lucifer, and so on).

Do you think that there is consciousness in this void, or hell?
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 12:30 pm
@Plathagoras,
Plathagoras;168144 wrote:
Contrary to mainstream Philosophy/Religion I hold the view that God is NOT omniscient and not strictly omnipotent. However, God is absolute Good. Since God is not omniscient, God can make an innocent error(creation of something evil). God is the highest power there is, and has the power to correct evil, however God can not correct evil immediately, because God is not strictly omnipotent.

Bottomline is, the Omniscience and strict Omnipotence of God are unsubstantiated claims by mainstream Philosophy/Religion.

If God is not Omni-everything, then please explain to me who created existence?
0 Replies