Do you think the universe is infinite and eternal?

bsfree

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 11:46 pm
@Alan McDougall,
The three intangible elements that gave rise to the existence of the universe are expansion, contraction and density; each created potential for the other and all of creation results from them. It is how something can exist from nothing.
Simplistic? Sure it is. The mechanics of a human body are not that complex, yet they came from "nothing", didn't they.
We mirror the universe, and why wouldn't we? It created us, and all life, in its image, how could it do any differently! So, if we want to know how the universe functions we have only to observe how life functions. The principles are the same.
The universe has a heartbeat. The "big bang" was the expansion, which will be followed by the contraction, and will "beat" ad infinitum.
The only difference between our existence and the universes' is in the frequency of the heartbeat.
I like all the theories of strings etc as much as the next person, but after all is said and done, if we don't use the opportunity of consciousness for something other than wars, corporate takeovers and generally bleeding our common body, Earth, dry, well, I don't see much point in debating the vastness of space, if we can't even get the pin head size of our own planet harmonized.
Just my tuppence worth.

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 12:13 am
@bsfree,
bsfree;122961 wrote:
The three intangible elements that gave rise to the existence of the universe are expansion, contraction and density; each created potential for the other and all of creation results from them. It is how something can exist from nothing.
Simplistic? Sure it is. The mechanics of a human body are not that complex, yet they came from "nothing", didn't they.
We mirror the universe, and why wouldn't we? It created us, and all life, in its image, how could it do any differently! So, if we want to know how the universe functions we have only to observe how life functions. The principles are the same.
The universe has a heartbeat. The "big bang" was the expansion, which will be followed by the contraction, and will "beat" ad infinitum.
The only difference between our existence and the universes' is in the frequency of the heartbeat.
I like all the theories of strings etc as much as the next person, but after all is said and done, if we don't use the opportunity of consciousness for something other than wars, corporate takeovers and generally bleeding our common body, Earth, dry, well, I don't see much point in debating the vastness of space, if we can't even get the pin head size of our own planet harmonized.
Just my tuppence worth.

Hi Smile nice post!! however expansion, contraction are concrete realities of the cosmos.. Your consciousness is a (meme) within your mind/brain

This is a subject where I feel more comfortable due to my engineering background and the fact of my interest in astronomy

I agree with you where you stated if we misuse our Freewill we might end up an end up annihilating each other
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 11:37 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I'm sure the universe (our universe) is finitive, it's but a bubble drifting amongst other universes.
0 Replies