Do you think the world has become corrupt because we have rejected God?

Fido

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:20 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;117984 wrote:
couldn't a man and wife be considered an organization? A family is a type of organization.

I just think you're trying to paint the picture that organization is bad in and of itself. And this is not the case. I might even suggest that the human race would have died out long ago if they had taken this stance. We certainly would not be as advanced.

If social change is what you desire, then act, and do not organize...Forms resist change... Look at the Russian or French revolutions...It was those most organized who were able to take power with revoltuion, but as soon as the revolutions were in the least secure, people started wrangling over control, and eliminating rivals...

In your example of marriage, the state is the goal, not change... Raising children takes stability, and even if no more than common oaths hold the marriage together, as little as that is, it is often enough... The form is the purpose... For what would I organize revolution, for example???... Tear the thing down before building up something... Look at the communist party...They were organized, and strict...They would usually kick out as many every year as they took in...But they would not even have existed without the support of the FBI who used them to help keep track of the disillusioned...If you organize you will fight politics... If you organize for change you will be diverted, distracted, and subverted... The government is ready for organization...They are not ready for anarchy...
Amperage

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:32 pm
@Fido,
Fido;117993 wrote:
If social change is what you desire, then act, and do not organize...Forms resist change... Look at the Russian or French revolutions...It was those most organized who were able to take power with revoltuion, but as soon as the revolutions were in the least secure, people started wrangling over control, and eliminating rivals...

In your example of marriage, the state is the goal, not change... Raising children takes stability, and even if no more than common oaths hold the marriage together, as little as that is, it is often enough... The form is the purpose... For what would I organize revolution, for example???... Tear the thing down before building up something... Look at the communist party...They were organized, and strict...They would usually kick out as many every year as they took in...But they would not even have existed without the support of the FBI who used them to help keep track of the disillusioned...If you organize you will fight politics... If you organize for change you will be diverted, distracted, and subverted... The government is ready for organization...They are not ready for anarchy...
why is stability a bad thing? Also, how many people, having this same idea, would it take to become......an organization? An organization need not be a group of people who meet, just a group of people with the same idea. They need not even interact necessarily, but from a big picture standpoint they would still be acting as a unit. See the problem?

Organization is not the problem, IMO, people are the problem. Until each person individually decides to change, it won't happen
Khethil

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:35 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;116037 wrote:
Do you think the world of today is becoming increasingly corrupt due to humanity rejecting God and embracing atheism? While it is true that there has always been wars, famine. plague it seems to me that we are coming increasingly closer to some sort of an Apocalypse unless we change our ways and become truly altruistic to our fellow man.??

Hey Alan,

No, I don't think the world's corruption has increased at all - not really. It had plenty of corruption long before man invented the gods and prayed to frogs. And folks have been getting that same feeling of impending doom for a long, long time now.

Alan McDougall;116037 wrote:
Without a god figure man is left to his own devises and becomes accountable only to himself "Let us eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die"

It's been a while since I've seen this one - it doesn't follow and never has. Human decency far precedes religion; not the other way around. Besides, people make their own choices anyway, with or without the belief in any god. They'll sin, hurt, help or heal as they feel inclined based on what they believe is good or right - none of which has anything to do with a god. What's more, fear of eternal damnation is a poor motivator as evidenced by the amount of theists for whom such judgement didn't seem to correct.

In any case, I hope ya feel better - cheers
0 Replies

starfighter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:46 pm
@Amperage,
Fido;117924 wrote:
I'd see people go after good on purpose rather than thinking of it as a way station on the way to heaven...No one feels comfortable questioning the faith of their fathers...If they feel their faith is in good they can be put to a bad use, and it is that situation of wishing good and being used for evil that all should avoid, and have a duty to avoid...

I have been to church, and I have met decent people there who had the sense to take the pope with a tea spoon... Others were real jerks and thought the America flag flies in heaven, and that government was alway right when it wasn't democrat... I must say, the politics of the place, which exhausts every good purpose is senseless...Your church is probably better...It is pointless to organize to do good..Just do good...Then you are done...

---------- Post added 01-06-2010 at 06:03 PM ----------

A handful drive, and the majority push...

Fido;117979 wrote:
The only people to benefit from organization are the bad ones...A dark purpose is a single purpose, really, while good as an object is all over...The Nazis found it incredibly easy to organize around nationalism and anti semitism...They did not avoid violence, but promised violence...To get people to sublimate their personal frustration in organization is easy... On the other hand, everyone has their idea of good, and the need for good is all over... But, organize three people and two will be wasting their efforts on the vote of the third...Politics, the personality of any organization, distracts from the true purpose, if the purpose is true...

Fido;117993 wrote:

So an organization is inherently corrupt because of its hierarchy? Rejection of church is a rejection of organization so by rejecting God you are rejecting this corruption? Is anarchy not a form? Are you still not bound by it? I mean to be an anarchist you still have to follow the rules/description that makes you an anarchist or you aren't one. Is this not corruptible? Wouldn't adhering to an ideal make you incorruptible, even if the ideal is religious in base?
Fido

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:50 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;117996 wrote:
why is stability a bad thing? Also, how many people, having this same idea, would it take to become......an organization? An organization need not be a group of people who meet, just a group of people with the same idea. They need not even interact necessarily, but from a big picture standpoint they would still be acting as a unit. See the problem?

Organization is not the problem, IMO, people are the problem. Until each person individually decides to change, it won't happen

Whether you want good, or want change as good, stability, or status quo does not get it... In a marriage you have something you wish to preserve, Love, so you build a form around the relationship...Governments resist change, but they should not be impervious to it...Same with churches, and because they cannot change people have had to drop them and start over...

You are correct, that people have to admit they need change more than they fear change...When the powerful people in society deliberately divide the people so they can be ruled, then change waits upon an explosive force...Left or right are both as frustrated, both in need, both in anger, and both in desparation...WE do need this hatred, and we do not need the civil war such hatred makes likely... We all have to disenthrall ourselves... If we quit believing, it will fall...
Amperage

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:53 pm
@Fido,
Fido;118006 wrote:
Whether you want good, or want change as good, stability, or status quo does not get it... In a marriage you have something you wish to preserve, Love, so you build a form around the relationship.
All you need is love.....

I could help myself

---------- Post added 01-06-2010 at 09:54 PM ----------

Fido;118006 wrote:
You are correct, that people have to admit they need change more than they fear change...When the powerful people in society deliberately divide the people so they can be ruled, then change waits upon an explosive force...Left or right are both as frustrated, both in need, both in anger, and both in desparation...WE do need this hatred, and we do not need the civil war such hatred makes likely... We all have to disenthrall ourselves... If we quit believing, it will fall...
I think what you fail to see though is what should those organizations be changing into? I believe a family....which by your own admission is about stability
Fido

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:58 pm
@starfighter,
starfighter;118004 wrote:
So an organization is inherently corrupt because of its hierarchy? Rejection of church is a rejection of organization so by rejecting God you are rejecting this corruption? Is anarchy not a form? Are you still not bound by it? I mean to be an anarchist you still have to follow the rules/description that makes you an anarchist or you aren't one. Is this not corruptible? Wouldn't adhering to an ideal make you incorruptible, even if the ideal is religious in base?

There is no point in rejecting God...I reject formal religion...I have no doubt that Jesus rejected the formal religion of his day, but I'm not stepping into his mocassins...Anarchy may well be considered a form...Good... But what I am suggesting is that people simply not go alone...None of the death camps would have worked without the inmates...Learn how to resist... You don't need a support group to resist, do you???

Here is an example of a whole society thinking of themselves as so many individuals, and yet everyone tries to hide behind everyone else in the matter of demanding what government has promised, or telling them to disband...Government has the legitimacy of the churches, which I count as zero...
NecromanticSin

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:01 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I think we're already corrupted beacuse of God, beacuse if you have not realized, that there has been and are wars that go on based of religious beliefs not being the same. So how would rejecting God be any different based on what has happened beacuse of said,''GOD'' anyway? Clearly, Belief in god or not does not create what ''corruptes'' people. It's maybe human nature,or the result of societies. Not a all ''supreme being'' that many do not believe in. That's just sounds like a way to put blame onto something that can't truly be proved. Cop out as some would call it.
Fido

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:02 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;118008 wrote:
All you need is love.....

I could help myself

---------- Post added 01-06-2010 at 09:54 PM ----------

I think what you fail to see though is what should those organizations be changing into? I believe a family....which by your own admission is about stability

A true nation is a gentile form of organization with every member decended from a common mother, Nation, Natal, Naval...What do we have for a common mother except the notions of liberty and justice for all???Many true nations have died because they let themselves be divided over wealth, and we are folloing that path...

---------- Post added 01-06-2010 at 11:04 PM ----------

NecromanticSin;118012 wrote:
I think we're already corrupted beacuse of God, beacuse if you have not realized, that there has been and are wars that go on based of religious beliefs not being the same. So how would rejecting God be any different based on what has happened beacuse of said,''GOD'' anyway? Clearly, Belief in god or not does not create what ''corruptes'' people. It's maybe human nature,or the result of societies. Not a all ''supreme being'' that many do not believe in. That's just sounds like a way to put blame onto something that can't truly be proved. Cop out as some would call it.

I don't reject God, and I do reject organized religion because they are all form and no relationship...
Amperage

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:17 pm
@Fido,
Fido;118013 wrote:
I do reject organized religion because they are all form and no relationship...
I just wish you would say you reject how people have used organized religion
starfighter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:35 pm
@Fido,
Fido;118010 wrote:
You don't need a support group to resist, do you???

Resistance In 12 steps. by Fido

I might need a support group, would you be my sponsor? :a-ok:

---------- Post added 01-06-2010 at 08:38 PM ----------

Fido;118013 wrote:
I don't reject God, and I do reject organized religion because they are all form and no relationship...

Amperage;118022 wrote:

I just wish I could grasp what he means. I'm just smart enough for it to piss me off that I don't understand.
Amperage

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:41 pm
@starfighter,
starfighter;118029 wrote:
I just wish I could grasp what he means. I'm just smart enough for it to piss me off that I don't understand.
lol. It's all good. Well I can only tell you what I inferred and that is that he doesn't reject the notion that God may be real but he does reject religions due to their corruption. I commented as I did because I would prefer that he not implicate the religions themselves but rather the people "supposing" to practice them.
starfighter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:50 pm
@Amperage,
Amperage;118035 wrote:
lol. It's all good. Well I can only tell you what I inferred and that is that he doesn't reject the notion that God may be real but he does reject religions due to their corruption. I commented as I did because I would prefer that he not implicate the religions themselves but rather the people "supposing" to practice them.

I'm going to take a crack at this but I think that he rejects the religion itself on principle cause its a "form". Without the "form" people would not commit the act.

To blame the form takes the responsibility from the individual when to reject the form places the responsibility for the corruption on the individual?
Amperage

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:53 pm
@starfighter,
starfighter;118042 wrote:
I'm going to take a crack at this but I think that he rejects the religion itself on principle cause its a "form". Without the "form" people would not commit the act.

To blame the form takes the responsibility from the individual when to reject the form places the responsibility for the corruption on the individual?
sounds reasonable and appears to be in character for what we know of this being known as Fido, but alas, Fido works in mysterious ways.Very Happy
starfighter

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:55 pm
@Amperage,
HA! sixteen characters.
0 Replies

NecromanticSin

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 11:38 pm
@Fido,
Fido;118013 wrote:

i don't think i said you did, i just said in general people reject or don't reject god,yet still bad things happen. If we were all too believe in a rock, as our creator,and people rejected the idea, would it be beacuse of our belief,or lack there of in the rock caused all the pain and suffering in this world? beacuse we didn't want to be all good,and pure for this rock? the problem i have with religion is,you can take the term ''GOD'' and make it anything! Any object,thing or someone and the same results happen if you think about it logically. Belief only has the value the people put into it,no matter what it is,theres always the same results beacuse,they are either yes no or maybe. Meaning if it happens right away,it was meant to,if it doesn't happen at all it,it wasn't meant to be and if it happen laters,it was meant to happen later by this so called ''creator'' of ours. Yet, when you think about... this all just sounds like logically it can be,um dare i say it? coincidences?
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 01:12 am
@NecromanticSin,
NecromanticSin;118012 wrote:

Hard to comprehend, try using a spell checker!
Fido

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 07:00 am
@Amperage,
Amperage;118022 wrote:

I understand how we structure our behavior with forms, and I see no alternative to forms...They still, often, need to be abandoned or reformed in some fashion...Christianity has had a reformation that did not much help...The ideal in every form of relationship is the relationship... That is the life of the form, the people in it... And organized religion often does serve the people in it; but I think they are incredibly self serving...Around here, the churches advertize...In my opinion, anyone doing as Jesus commanded is advertizing for Christian behavior; but Churches having to advertize only means they are not clearly doing God's will, which would be an advertizement in itself....The other thing they do which I purely detest is going to foreign lands and getting involved there...They help those people in the destruction of their environments and in over population...They clothe them, give them medicine, drill wells, and give them food, and surprise, surprise, they reproduce...Oftimes the churches sort of help themselves to resources not their own...But, they do that all over...They build big, and need big money to support their structures and eat up all they should give to charity...They threaten all our liberties, and have zero respect for human freedom...
NecromanticSin

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 11:45 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;118069 wrote:
Hard to comprehend, try using a spell checker!

*blushes* I should... thank you. I'm not the best speller. :brickwall:
Psycobabble

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 05:43 pm
@NecromanticSin,
Let us consider the motivators for our positive and negative behaviours.
Discounting the sociopath who is programmed to be totally self serving and is lacking in empathy, the rest of us swing both ways like a gate. What drives our actions on one day may not be present the next. When we are psychologically and physically comfortable our drives to the positive actions we display to each other give us an emotional fulfillment that further enhances the "good feelings" we have of ourselves. We are feeling good and we want others around us to share that goodwill vibe. Yet the same individual under emotional or physical despair will act contrary to this. The focus has moved from "all things bright and beautiful" to "woe is me" and why should not some other poor beggar feel as miserable as I do at the moment, and our interaction action with them displays this mind set. Why should others feel joy when I am miserable? What does this say about the strength of our convictions? It seems we are all fair weather friends, our own weather pattern setting the benchmark for our actions to others. Are the good always good or are they we only good when our own skies are blue.

On another thread Fido mentioned the mindset of the SS murderers. He made the point that these same individuals who displayed animalistic characteristics went home to be outwardly good family men who would not consider visiting the acts they displayed on "outsiders" on their own but could murder other women and children with a dispassionate zeal. I believe this a prime example of the fluidity of reason and empathy that humanity is capable of. We are flawed selfish individuals, from the pope to the satanist.

---------- Post added 01-08-2010 at 09:56 AM ----------

NecromanticSin;118216 wrote:
*blushes* I should... thank you. I'm not the best speller. :brickwall:

Necro I am an Aussie and the American spell check (phonetic) disagrees with much I post. I wish the spell check was a coat of many colours, colors. Where I was taught to put an s, the speller puts a z.....etc, etc, etc.

Just a comment on your name......could an alternative be "the quiet lover" :bigsmile:
0 Replies