Photography: The Mirror Project

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 03:20 pm
Stumbled upon an interesting website while looking for something else and thought I'd share it with fellow photographers.

The Mirror Project

From the website:

The Mirror Project is a growing community of like-minded individuals who have photographed themselves in all manner of reflective surfaces.

FOJM relaunched as the Mirror Project in June of 2001 with just over seven hundred contributions and we continue to grow daily. Thousands of people from around the world continue to support the The Mirror Project by capturing photographs of themselves in all manner of reflective surfaces.

We could start an A2K Mirror Project in one of the photo albums and photograph reflections of ourselves.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,177 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 10:47 am
Okay, here's my first contribution. Can you guess what is being used for the reflection of me in this picture?

http://hometown.aol.com/butrflynet/images/A2KreflectionsBFN.jpg
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 10:59 am
Butrflynet are there 2 people in that reflection?
good shot!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 11:05 am
Nope, just me holding the digital camera. Even I am having a difficult time identifying the other objects in that reflection. It has some rather odd distortions. Smile
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 11:08 am
Took the picture of my reflection in the tea kettle on the stove while waiting for the water to boil for my morning tea.

I think one of the distorted shapes in the picture is another burner on the stove and the shape with the red tone to it is a skillet on another burner.

Curious how it distorted the look of the electrical burner.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:11 pm
Photography
That's a fascinating site!

You emphasize that it's reflections of the picture-taker, BTW, but at least one of the images on the site is a personless reflection. So I guess any reflections is ok?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:16 pm
THink I'll see about working up something!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:16 pm
From what I read on the site, it looks like it was their goal for the photos to be self-portraits.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:24 pm
I see it's time to be reflective about art.
0 Replies