Does earths gravity cause time?

Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 03:33 pm
@Zetherin,
nameless

Quote:
You know, Alan, it appears that the notion of 'gravity' is fundamentally as is the notion of 'time', a 'relic' of Perspective and not a 'universal truth' but another illusion/mirage/dream of the dreamer.
"As the sun obscures the stars during the day, so nothing obscures the fact that you are still asleep, as 'wakefulness'."

I must agree with you, it is all about our perception of reality. The sort after equations of GUT or the much debated TOE are humanities attempt to find a single equation to explain everything

When we find out really what gravity is we will be able to resolve many other unanswered questions.

It must be more than just a distortion of the fabric of space, to me it is a kind of fundamental energy ,maybe the fundamental energy that drives the universe

As I am sure you know they have set up gravity wave detectors, extremely sensitive light beams laser beams. They are waiting for a huge supernova to happen and think this would have sufficient power to create a gravity wave

Stephen Hawking once said when we find the Theory of Everything, then we will know the mind of God

I am not saying Stephen is a creationist or believer in a ID maybe what he really meant with that statement was when we find TOE the idea that we need a god would become redundant

Justin

Quote:
It's a relative misconception that light actually travels. It does not travel it reflects itself creating an illusion of travel. We see light as traveling but light is omnipresent.

I have also thought about the possibility of light being omnipresent, like a background screen of light, behind the blackness of the dark void we call space.

But photons come to the eye the eye does not reach out and touch what it is looking at. This was a belief held by many early scientists
nameless

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 12:49 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;52770 wrote:
When we find out really what gravity is we will be able to resolve many other unanswered questions.

So, you are unwilling to 'entertain' my theory, huh. No problem.
Let the game continue!

Quote:
Stephen Hawking once said when we find the Theory of Everything, then we will know the mind of God

(Not "know", 'are'!)
So he is saying that 'all existence ("everything") is Mind/Consciousness'?
I couldn't disagree with that!
Probably not what he meant, though. Basically, he seems quite unimpressive; well packaged and marketed and all, but a mediocre mind...
Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 04:09 am
@nameless,
nameless

Firstly the question that started this thread Does earths gravity cause time??

The answer is no it does not!! but the earth gravity has a definite effect on time

Quote:

(Not "know", 'are'!)
So he is saying that 'all existence ("everything") is Mind/Consciousness'?
I couldn't disagree with that!
Probably not what he meant, though. Basically, he seems quite unimpressive; well packaged and marketed and all, but a mediocre mind

Yes there is a lot of hype when it comes to dear paralysed professor Stephen Hawking, and it is silly for anyone to equate him with the really great physicists like Albert Einstein or the greatest scientific mind in human history Isaac Newton.

But he is not mediocre he was able to do amazing thought experiments that seem to add up when the maths were done

Fred Hoyle who was famous for his sarcastic remark about what he regarded as really silly. He said "So you are all trying to convince me that the whole universe started in one great "BIG BANG"

He did not like this idea at all and preferred the Steady State eternal infinite universe concept

Who is/was correct still hangs in the balance, the jury has almost reached a consensus that the best explanation for the existence and creation of the universe is the "Big Bang" But the "Big Bang" remains just a theory

Quote:
So, you are unwilling to 'entertain' my theory, huh. No problem.
Let the game continue!

Oh!! I have not dismissed your theory at all, everything, time, space, movement, gravity, energy light and all the fundamental constants are intertwined into one great consciousness we call Existence,

"spacetimemovemtmasslightgravityconstantsenergy" .

=Onemindthoughtconsciousness" ="US" = "EXISTENCE"

Is this what you are proposing, if yes I like it?

It is amazing to me, that my little mind and all human minds, can expand their consciousness to embrace the whole of existence.

Alan
nameless

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 01:51 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;52854 wrote:
Is this what you are proposing?

Yes.

Quote:
It is amazing to me, that my little mind and all human minds, can expand their consciousness to embrace the whole of existence.

Are you serious? Do you really think so? Especially when existence, at any moment, is defined as the sum-total of all ("little minds") Perspectives? How can any one see the 'entire picture', when all are necessarily limited 9to one extent or another)?
'Our' minds are our own little corner of existence, a 'truth' to be added to all other truths that comprise the entirety of the Truth of existence.
0 Replies

Phoenix phil

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 03:17 am
@DJMaux,
Take a look at The Universal One
Time is but a dimension. If motion didn't exist, time would disappear. Time is not a quality of motion. I am afraid black holes don't exist either. These were conceptualised by left brain scientists because their theories of the cosmos fell short. Observed effects can be very misleading. Gravity is an electric effect, when electricity compresses it generates matter and incandesences, not some black hole rubbish.
Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 08:34 am
@Phoenix phil,
nameless

Quote:
Are you serious? Do you really think so? Especially when existence, at any moment, is defined as the sum-total of all ("little minds") Perspectives? How can any one see the 'entire picture', when all are necessarily limited 9to one extent or another)?
'Our' minds are our own little corner of existence, a 'truth' to be added to all other truths that comprise the entirety of the Truth of existence

Yes I am serious, I do not mean our individual minds embrace all of existence but there is a sort of superconsciousness, much like our Internet where all knowledge is stored.

Just as we had to learn to use this amazing tool we call the world wide web, why is the idea of a sort of universal wide web so far out?

I am not suggestion you are refuting this concept I am only pointing out possibilities
Phoenix phil

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 02:18 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Hi Alan,
If a holographic picture is smashed to pieces each piece still holds the entire picture.
I try to look through Walter Russell's eyes when I attempt to rationalise our universe.
I believe he has articulated the correct view of out entire existance. One cannot rationalise this universe of motion with our outer THINKING minds...we get bogged down in complexity, whereas with our connection to our inner mind..God mind if you like, the simple CAUSE of everything becomes evident.
This is a universe of motion, which our senses can detect but our brains interpret incorrectly. Motion is all there is. Everthing moves to be somewhere else. If motion stops then matter disappears, because matter is only possible through motion.
Time only exists as a dimension in an illusuionary universe. Cheers....alan
nameless

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 03:00 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;53872 wrote:
nameless
Yes I am serious, I do not mean our individual minds embrace all of existence but there is a sort of superconsciousness, much like our Internet where all knowledge is stored.

Ok, I'm kind of with you here. There is only (as I understand) One Consciousness/Mind. Consciousness 'stores' nothing, 'thinks' nothing (brains excrete 'thought' and harbor 'memories', thats what 'we' are for...), 'knows' nothing. Consciousness 'thinks', 'stores' and 'knows' via us!

Quote:
Just as we had to learn to use this amazing tool we call the world wide web, why is the idea of a sort of universal wide web so far out?

I am beginning to equate 'cyberspace/internet' as a possible 'planetary mind', of which we are all input devices and which is 'locally' accessible.
The notion of planetary 'mind' seems to be an 'expansion' of the 'non-locality' of existence (Oneness) that science has 'discovered'.

Quote:
I am only pointing out possibilities

All 'possibilities' are already 'realities'. Not only can one be aware of 'non-local reality', but we often are, though we don't necessarily recognize it for what it is!
What is, for instance an 'epiphany'? Non-local information suddenly manifesting to awareness. Not a 'cause and effect' thing, like 'learning', but a momentary flash of manifested non-local understanding.
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 03:02 pm
@Phoenix phil,
Phoenix;53931 wrote:
Motion is all there is.

'Motion', other then as an 'illusion' (due to Perspective), is impossible.
Of course (on topic), 'gravity', other then as an 'illusion' (due to the perception of 'motion'), is, likewise, impossible.
(The illusion of 'motion' gives rise to all sorts of other illusions; 'time', 'cause and effect', 'reasons', 'why's', etc...)
Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 01:33 am
@nameless,
nameless

Quote:
What is, for instance an 'epiphany'? Non-local information suddenly manifesting to awareness. Not a 'cause and effect' thing, like 'learning', but a momentary flash of manifested non-local understanding.

This is really a good example of suddenly knowing something that might have puzzled a person for years and suddenly without thinking about it the answer to the enigma flashes into your mind.

Many great scientists like Einstein and Newton has this type of experience.

Mozart heard a whole symphony while sleeping and on awakening wrote the whole thing down

Were they plugged into this cosmic oneness of all knowledge,?? I think they were
0 Replies

Phoenix phil

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 03:13 am
@DJMaux,
Hi Alan,
An 'epiphany' is exactly what you describe, it is a DIRECT connection of inner mind to God's cosmic inner mind where ALL knowledge exists.
I find it helps me not to think of Einstein or Newton as brillant minds because they were the source of our current scientific dogma which is so misleading. The EGO forces minds to tow the line in order to be part of the scientific community.
Have a look through my blog at The Universal One and the following Free Energy and Free Thinking there is plenty of information there to help you. One of the keys is to stimulate your inner mind of infinite knowledge, and leave your thinking mind to worry about the daya to day trivia. The Shaman of old were able to turn on their inner mind to truly 'see'.
It is hard to convey so material through a post here and there. As you are in SA we are in the same timezone so we could chat via skype. My address is on the blog.

You see .... "suddenly without thinking " you know already...in order to KNOW you have to stop thinking. You knowing mind is accessible during dreaming.

As a simple thought...Consider being at a rugby match..with only 10 spectators, not much of an atmosphere is there. The 'atmosphere' is what we sense when there is a COLLECTIVE consciousness. Where there is 100,000 at the match our consciousness can merge to HIGHTEN our experience. Chat soon...take care....alan
Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 03:37 am
@Phoenix phil,
Hey Phoenix

Yes maybe these exceptional people had a better way of accessing this cosmic mind. They would not know that they would be doing this , it was just an unconscious ability?

Everything moves in eternal cycles of learning each cycle increasing the contents of the cosmic oneness

If this did not happen in my opinion the greater reason for existence would have to reach maximum at some point

I have bookmarked you blogs,

Thanks for that I will come back and comment via PM
0 Replies

qwertyuiop12

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 12:49 am
@DJMaux,
"Also the theory goes that if you travel to the center of the earth for say 10 years, only a few seconds will of passed on earth.
So if you go outward time on earth speeds up and if you go inward time on earth slows down."

their is NO GRAVITY at the CENTER OF THE EARTH !!! ( i learned this when i was 7 years old, i thought this was common sense) therefor if you follow your logic... time would go past quicker in the center of the earth NOT SLOWER
0 Replies

whatiam

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:23 am
@Zetherin,
yes and i agree to you. i remember some physicist say that your feet are older than your head.
0 Replies

chucktronic

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 03:38 am
@DJMaux,
I wouldn't say that "you" have a theory, that one has been around for awhile. Time is a measurement system designed by man to measure the distance between events. The reason it is perceived that time moves slower near strong gravitational fields is really the residual effects of mass. Events occur more rapidly away from mass because every single molecule is more free to move around like your feet can when not in mud. NASA conspiracy? Not sure what your asking, but NASA cannot manipulate time and space, and landing on the moon is not that big of a deal. If you are worried that they didn't do it, maybe you should go there and check it out for us. Thanks bub!
imans

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 12:23 pm
@chucktronic,
my guess is to say smthg else

logically if u r in mass time must b very fast bc the freedom there is alone existing so being always the same so the abstraction is eternity no time

but bc truth exist then logics are not the right answer

bc truth exist then in the mass others are also existing that u cant see but u r a reality of smthg else existing, that is why it is slow and the more there is else or another existin thing truly the more the time will b dense

same way to deal with outside

logically, in free space u r not the only one free so u could meet a lot of others moves and have a nice time out there
but no u r inferior thinker, truth exist so free space is only one reality that swallow u as u dont count there existing truly free noway
so u die and meet noone nor even void, u dont exist

nothingtodo

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:02 pm
@DJMaux,
Time is a consequence of existence. As man sees it.
Gravity affects it yes, though to lay all your chips on the notion you put forward, as encompassing the entirety would be incorrect.

Cause and effect are however intertwined from the start of gravities creation, they perhaps de-twine, together.

Good luck though, it sounds interesting and quite the challenge, you might find some nugget of scientific worth in it, by looking.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:46 pm
@DJMaux,
Quote:
Ok just a quick one.
Doesn't appear so

Quote:
I have a theory that time is actually caused by earths gravity.
Maybe I don't understand you DJ but a clock runs just fine 'way out in outer space, if ever-so-slightly faster

Quote:
…... it will actually run faster that a clock on the 50th floor.
No it's the other way 'round

Quote:
I think it might be a bit of a consipracy.
What exactly

Quote:
Maybe one reason why nasa never landed on the moon is because if they left earths gravity, when they came back years will of passed on earth.
Sorry DJ but that's total nonsense. The reading of the traveler's clock will have hardly changed at all. I wonder if you might be a youngster

Quote:
Also the theory goes that if you travel to the center of the earth for say 10 years, only a few seconds will of passed on earth.
At earth's center it should run at the same rate as in outer space

Quote:
So if you go outward time on earth speeds up
Other way 'round

Quote:
and if you go inward time on earth slows down.
Don't know, we're getting into tricky territory here. I suppose however that gravitation is max near the earth's surface so that's where they'd run slowest. Doubtless we'll hear from somebody who knows

Quote:
At first I thought my idea whas a bit crazy but i came across a few websites that said gravity causes time.
Sorry DJ but it does sound crazy at least to me

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=gravity+causes+time&oq=gravity+causes+time&gs_l=serp.1.0.0j0i30j0i8i30.5070.5070.1.10371.1.1.0.0.0.0.110.110.0j1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.2.ezL8yQ5ajQg&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=1a015cb23eea1553&bpcl=40096503&biw=1295&bih=841

0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:50 pm
@chucktronic,
I don't know, but it seems to me that gravity is a function of the relations between all bodies within a cosmic system, not just a property of the earth.
imans

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 09:50 pm
@imans,
ok the final answer here

time is u as free objective will, reachin urself end when it is clear that ur freedom is not urself right from the beginning of

so time in general, is freedom existence meaning to reach its right sources

each one its thing u see

freedom is only the result of superior move
and since freedom is what exist then freedom must b absolutely right for existence to b true