My State of Mind

Joe

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 09:28 pm
Lately Ive been focusing on my actions and reactions to everday events.

Its only been a couple days but Im already tuned into a train of thought or reaction that I didnt realize that I do.
whenever I experience something new or different I get very emotional. Not like crying or burst out laughing, but inside Im more vivid and alive. It seems to make an abrupt halt when the moment is over. This is normal I expect. Whats more interesting is that after these strong feelings pass through me I tend to act very cynical.

is it regret of some sort? Did I not embrace my feelings enough? who knows, but I do wonder if anybody else has a read on what Im trying to describe here, thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 694 • Replies: 2
No top replies

memester

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 06:12 am
@Joe,
Hi Joe

Sounds like me, on my first roller-coaster ride after 40 years lay off. (130 km/hr drop ).
As soon as the insignificant-looking little lap triangle bar locked into place, I had a sudden realization that there was likely no way to call it all off without someone pinning the permanent badge of shame to my chest - or my back, as I scuttled away from the scene.
The first portion of the ride, I spent wishing I could get off. The little lap triangle that had so thoroughly impressed me with it's "inescapable" quality, had lost it's it's authority, now was possibly not sufficient to keep me pinned - judging from the tight grip that I had to keep, "just in case".

After a few more rides, I could see becoming blase about it.
Just like marriage
0 Replies

nastrothomas

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 10:12 pm
@Joe,
I think that the human mind works like the rest of the body, In a new and unusual environment they will evolve. Some functions evolve sower then others, The brain at first will take any new situation as fight or flee like it or not. Noticing that pattern mow and working to correct it will eventually help you overcome it and understand the way you subconsciously react, I dont think you can help that but you can form habits, something like muscle memory for the brain.
0 Replies