William

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 05:47 pm
I just watch the Disney animated movie "WALL E". Has anyone seen it? Without saying much more. Those who have please, I would like to know how you interpreted it. Those who haven't, I suggest you do. It will make you think and smile and laugh at the same time. It's great for kids, but I think it is mostly for us "older kids".

Thanks,
William

PS: I just realized it is can be seen on u-tube.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,230 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 09:37 pm
@William,
I had to endure the first 30 min of it, and I have to say it was extremely corny. I liked the preservationist role of the little robot though. I thought building tall towers and collecting old pieces of technology was quite symbolic even though, what's the point.

Would you say that Walle has purpose? Are we all just a bunch of Walles living in the same sort of world.
William

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 09:47 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401;68967 wrote:
I had to endure the first 30 min of it, and I have to say it was extremely corny. I liked the preservationist role of the little robot though. I thought building tall towers and collecting old pieces of technology was quite symbolic even though, what's the point.

Would you say that Walle has purpose? Are we all just a bunch of Walles living in the same sort of world.

Hello Holiday,
Are you saying you did not watch the entire movie?
William
Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 09:50 pm
@William,
Yes. I got to the part with the female robot and thought to myself, "Oh, it's over. Now's it's just a lovey-dovey, predictable, happily-ever-after movie, as if trying to place 'love' at the top. So yeah, I quite watching it.
sarathustrah

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 12:40 am
@William,
the best part of it is seeing whats become of humanity lol!

you didnt give it a chance? why? is enjoying a childrens movie take a level of pride? Razz just messin

no really i love it... its suggestive of the direction human mentality and laziness is going at current pace... (SPOILER ALERT: the scene with the people on video phone who turn out to be hovering next to each other, to avoid the inconvenience of turning the head) LMAO

and the lesson i see... is to maintain the selection of experiences we still have will take effort
0 Replies

William

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 06:58 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401;68972 wrote:
Yes. I got to the part with the female robot and thought to myself, "Oh, it's over. Now's it's just a lovey-dovey, predictable, happily-ever-after movie, as if trying to place 'love' at the top. So yeah, I quite watching it.

So love is not part of your thinking processes, I would gather from that statement. Would you please tell my what you feel is more important that you would place at the "top"?:perplexed:

William
Catchabula

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 07:14 am
@William,
Please remember, William, that some are scared of Love... Smile
Joe

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 08:57 am
@William,
Its a robot with bedroom eyes that makes synthesized baby sounds. Its for people who like to remember their emotional memories from when they were rug rats. Simple stimulation.
Girls who like to play baby talk are the perfect audience for these pixar films.......Everything is a aphrodisiac. :shifty:
William

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 10:12 am
@Catchabula,
Catchabula;69064 wrote:
Please remember, William, that some are scared of Love... Smile

Yes, you are right, unfortunately. But another William, IMO was also correct in his philosophy, "Better to have loved, and lost; than to never have loved at all".

William
Holiday20310401

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 11:00 am
@William,
I don't see why love should be at the top. If you could pragmatically call it an act beyond good and evil then great! But otherwise, nah it's just a spoiler for something too idealistic and redundant in movies.
0 Replies

Catchabula

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 11:36 am
@Joe,
Joe;69096 wrote:
Girls who like to play baby talk are the perfect audience for these pixar films...

I'm pretty much into baby talk lately ;-). Hey Joe, remember the days of the apho's?
-Children stammer and adults lie.
-The unspeakable can still be moaned.
-If sentimentality can make adults cry it must be a terrible thing.
Ok, I got a bit rusty, so what? I hope you will write soon. :bigsmile:
Labyrinth

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 09:51 pm
@Catchabula,
I'm a huge Wall-E fan. I was quite surprised as the story did not strike me as one geared to children. I found it interesting the writer extrapolated the outcome of a monopolizing capitalism 700 years into the future. We have undoubtedly witnessed this trend, i.e. hardware stores swallowed by Home Depot's, food marts engulfed by supermarkets, mom and pop pharmacies eliminated by CVS's. Apparently, all capital fell under one umbrella in Wall-E as the sovereign is called the CEO.

The movie wisely ended where it did. Does anyone actually honestly believe those fat-asses would be industrious enough to restore the world? :bigsmile:
0 Replies