A fratcal..WHAT!

Holiday20310401

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 07:42 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
ok you can describe the leaf from its nodes etc etc etc but you cant describe the tree from the diamond ..all is lost ..we have a fabulous diamond but no beautiful tree..

Ah this is why fractal universe is completely subjective. Universely subjective to our frame of perception in relation to our environment it must be.

The diamond maybe not say much and this is true, but given a context by the mind, there is the inevitable outcome. And since the diamond is still there and that is all being conceived even though there is still the fractal image created, we may not be able to see the fractal universe for what it is to our minds.
paulhanke

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:24 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
An even more "scary" proposition;

What if....I don't know....that there is order among chaos.

-BaC

... but there is ... we call it "life" Wink ...
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:40 pm
@paulhanke,
Absolutely!

I guess you were already at TRONSmile So I will not welcome you to it;)

-BaC
paulhanke wrote:
... but there is ... we call it "life" Wink ...
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:42 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Yes, yes.........YES!

Eremm that sounds rather naughty...No Pun here please.lol

Reality is the layered security method...

Shed ( To repel without allowing penetration) the security...shed your boundaries..

-BaC

Holiday20310401 wrote:
Ah this is why fractal universe is completely subjective. Universely subjective to our frame of perception in relation to our environment it must be.

The diamond maybe not say much and this is true, but given a context by the mind, there is the inevitable outcome. And since the diamond is still there and that is all being conceived even though there is still the fractal image created, we may not be able to see the fractal universe for what it is to our minds.
Holiday20310401

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:44 pm
@BaCaRdi,
I think it's an appropriate question, the distinction between matter and dimension is necessary of course.
0 Replies

paulhanke

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:48 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
Mental exercise... Take 1 or 0 can you not break it up into smaller and even smaller pieces if you new how? The point is...you never stop being able to break it into smaller pieces....

... that works in mental exercises ... fractals are mathematical monsters that rely on infinities ... for example, the Peano Curve is a "space-filling curve" - a line of infinite length that never crosses itself and fills a two-dimensional plane ... such a line is not one-dimensional as it fills a plane; but neither is it two-dimensional because it is a line ... therefore it has a fractional dimension (fractal) somewhere between one and two ... but does this work in the real world? ... the coast of Britain at 30,000 feet is self-similar to the coast of Britain at 3,000 feet is self-similar to the coast of Britain at 300 feet - within this range, the coast of Britain is "scale free" and fractal-like ... but what about the coast of Britain from 30,000 miles? or the coast of Britain from 0.000000003 microns? ... on these scales, the self-similarity falls apart ... this is simply a result of the physical processes that dominate at different scales ... in the 300-30,000 feet scale, the process of erosion dominates; at the 0.0000000003 micron scale, the process of atomic mechanics dominates; at the 30,000 mile scale, the process of orbital mechanics dominates ... so there are no "pure" fractals in Nature ... you simply can't keep zooming in/out forever expecting things to remain self-similar - at some point, the fractal spell is broken ...
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:51 pm
@paulhanke,
That is a product of your creation...Prove it....I can...
Math is a tool my friend..not the holy grail.

-BaC
paulhanke wrote:
... that works in mental exercises ... fractals are mathematical monsters that rely on infinities ... for example, the Peano Curve is a "space-filling curve" - a line of infinite length that never crosses itself and fills a two-dimensional plane ... such a line is not one-dimensional as it fills a plane; but neither is it two-dimensional because it is a line ... therefore it has a fractional dimension (fractal) somewhere between one and two ... but does this work in the real world? ... the coast of Britain at 30,000 feet is self-similar to the coast of Britain at 3,000 feet is self-similar to the coast of Britain at 300 feet - within this range, the coast of Britain is "scale free" and fractal-like ... but what about the coast of Britain from 30,000 miles? or the coast of Britain from 0.000000003 microns? ... on these scales, the self-similarity falls apart ... this is simply a result of the physical processes that dominate at different scales ... in the 300-30,000 feet scale, the process of erosion dominates; at the 0.0000000003 micron scale, the process of atomic mechanics dominates; at the 30,000 mile scale, the process of orbital mechanics dominates ... so there are no "pure" fractals in Nature ... you simply can't keep zooming in/out forever expecting things to remain self similar - at some point, the fractal spell is broken ...
0 Replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:51 pm
@paulhanke,
This kind of implies that a fractal image can be divided into sort of membranes which each interior has it's own dominant force or set of influences altogether.

That doesn't sit well in my head for some reason, but I have no way to object right now.

(In response to Paulhanke's comments)
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:56 pm
@Holiday20310401,
"branes" Are another Monster of there own kind...Yes That is part of my over-all theory as it is..hehe All in time...Wow you guys can sure suck up the knowledge! Love it!

If I can reach one soul...it would be well worth it...
-BaC
Holiday20310401 wrote:
This kind of implies that a fractal image can be divided into sort of membranes which each interior has it's own dominant force or set of influences altogether.

That doesn't sit well in my head for some reason, but I have no way to object right now.

(In response to Paulhanke's comments)
0 Replies

paulhanke

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:12 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:

... the way I'd rephrase that is to say the universe can be divided into sort of membranes which each interior has it's own dominant set of influences and fractal-like structure ... that is, pure fractals are (as BaCaRdi puts it) "a product of your creation" ... in the real world, no single fractal-like structure continuously dominates from the largest scale to the smallest - different fractal-like structures (paired with different sets of influences) dominate discrete segments along that continuum ...
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:16 pm
@paulhanke,
Thank you my friend...well stated...well phrased..

Edit: There is that word again discrete...Wink

Also can be stated as finite mathematics.

Ok OK..I will link the posts with purpose now...This one and That one

-Tron
"Time" for downtime;)
paulhanke wrote:
... the way I'd rephrase that is to say the universe can be divided into sort of membranes which each interior has it's own dominant set of influences and fractal-like structure ... that is, pure fractals are (as BaCaRdi puts it) "a product of your creation" ... in the real world, no single fractal-like structure continuously dominates from the largest scale to the smallest - different fractal-like structures (paired with different sets of influences) dominate discrete segments along that continuum ...
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 12:49 am
@Icon,
This is not even close to off topic!!

I had to wait for the proper "time"..since they are now linked posts...

If you achieve maximum mass, you exploded as a white-hole(Axiom), your "bits" will be anchored by the black-hole(Null-Axiom) and you will indeed rise to a higher level of consciousness..

That in "mind".......are you ready?..lol

-BaC
Welcome to Tron;)
Icon wrote:
I just put something rather interesting together in my mind.

As humans, we are driven to find answers. So then if we achieve maximum information, that is to say that we learn all that we can, we would cease to be. So the absolute goal of existence is to cease to exist. Hmmm. cute

It was off topic but it amused me so I shared.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 03:57 am
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
Well what might at first seem completely off the wall, is in no way that.

Rule #1
Energy can't be created nor destroyed, it can change forms.

Rule #2
Information can't be destroyed no "matter" (pun intended:P) what is done to it.

Take a piece of paper, rip it up as small as you want. Is the information still there? Damn Skippy, just smaller pieces, however small or large is moot. The simple fact is, yep it's still there, in smaller or large pieces is all.

Welcome to the fractal realm..Laughing

-BaC
Im still waiting for this to be proved......we have gone down the route of the tree and the diamond but it has not resolved this statement....
BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:47 am
@xris,
You have not resolved that to which you speak.

Sounds proved to me...

Welcome to the "philosophy" of "science".

The days of Newtonian physics has passed... What is "Probable" is where we are now in this world....

What changed....simple welcome to the subatomics age..

-BaC
xris wrote:
Im still waiting for this to be proved......we have gone down the route of the tree and the diamond but it has not resolved this statement....
xris

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:28 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
You have not resolved that to which you speak.

Sounds proved to me...

Welcome to the "philosophy" of "science".

The days of Newtonian physics has passed... What is "Probable" is where we are now in this world....

What changed....simple welcome to the subatomics age..

-BaC
When your science is as well founded as newtons i might just listen..till then if off the cuff claims are made i will question them...
BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:54 pm
@xris,
hahaha.... Not so wise my friend..

Have to say...This place is full of fakes....Delete my account please..

Not the right place for me...sorry to say...

Farewell off to find reality philosophers, not make-shift by quoting/pasting things they see/ read.

Philosophy is that of reading between the lines...not spewing out what you have been told..read...

This place has about 20% of such of a thing...Pretty bad...

Welcome to the church of "Holier than Thou" Pretty pitiful have to say..

What makes something Philosophical, it's the ability to understand what your saying, read, learned.

Everything I post, is of learned, learning, I don't need cliff-notes in my descriptions, as you most likely wouldn't be able to see.....

In Best Regards,

-BaC
Always take in consideration the "Source" of such information.....

xris wrote:
When your science is as well founded as newtons i might just listen..till then if off the cuff claims are made i will question them...
xris

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:11 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
hahaha.... Not so wise my friend..

Have to say...This place is full of fakes....Delete my account please..

Not the right place for me...sorry to say...

Farewell off to find reality philosophers, not make-shift by quoting/pasting things they saw/ read.

Philosophy is that of reading between the lines...not spewing out what you have been told..read...

This place has about 20% of such of a thing...Pretty bad...

Welcome to the church of "Holier than Thou" Pretty pitiful have to say..

What makes something Philosophical, it's the ability to understand what your saying, read, learned.

In Best Regards,

-BaC
Always take in consideration the "Source" of such information.....
pasting whose pasting you not me whose quoting you not me...offf are you to a better world of half truths and imagined creatures who are on that amazing plane of thought just like you...ooooo its all witches night be careful as you travelll
BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:13 pm
@BaCaRdi,
With that said...

Reality of mine?
..Well lets just say..I have SURVIVED "World-Trade"!... Whats you claim to fame?

-Tron
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:16 pm
@xris,
Sorry thats junk..lmfao

Your not even close to a Philosopher... Can't walk the walk Razz

Sorry I already have my degree... Need not apply...

Young grasshopper you have much to "Learn"...

- Wu-Li

xris wrote:
pasting whose pasting you not me whose quoting you not me...offf are you to a better world of half truths and imagined creatures who are on that amazing plane of thought just like you...ooooo its all witches night be careful as you travelll
xris

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 02:21 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
Sorry thats junk..lmfao

Your not even close to a Philosopher... Can't walk the walk Razz

Sorry I already have my degree... Need not apply...

-BaC
Well woopy for you young Sky walker may your journey to superiority be as profound as your journey so far...there are degrees in life and your degree is about learning not understanding..