A fratcal..WHAT!

xris

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:27 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
That is not even close to correct my friend...

Do the experiments and prove thy self wrong..to thy self.

A tree well lets start with a leaf..

That leaf has a "membrane" you see a nice shinny pretty world...awww thats cute;)

Open thy eyes my son.....

Look closer at the leaf.... What do you see? "Branches" with "Nodes" within branches of nodes.....

Yes I am sorry it's true...
-BaC
-Flight or Fight?
ok you can describe the leaf from its nodes etc etc etc but you cant describe the tree from the diamond ..all is lost ..we have a fabulous diamond but no beautiful tree..
Icon

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:27 pm
@BaCaRdi,
Fractals, as interesting as they are, do not truly explain much. I understand the fundamentals of your argument but where I fail to see the relation is in that which changes constantly such as the human form. In the human form, we are constantly exchanging and interchanging data of various types. We need certain type of data to grow and change and need to expel others. But these bits of data do not describe say, consciousness. Here is a rather unorthodox example.

The ingestion of Tetrahydrocannibinol CAN alter the state of consciousness BUT can be supressed by the consciousness through various chemical reactions which occur in the mind. In other words, I can make myself sober with a thought. By the fractal theory, the THC would define me until it processed through my system completely. That is simply not true. I can choose to allow the effects or not.
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:29 pm
@Icon,
What exactly are we exchanging?

Oops..careful now.....A trap to say the least...
-BaC
Icon wrote:
Fractals, as interesting as they are, do not truly explain much. I understand the fundamentals of your argument but where I fail to see the relation is in that which changes constantly such as the human form. In the human form, we are constantly exchanging and interchanging data of various types. We need certain type of data to grow and change and need to expel others. But these bits of data do not describe say, consciousness. Here is a rather unorthodox example.

The ingestion of Tetrahydrocannibinol CAN alter the state of consciousness BUT can be supressed by the consciousness through various chemical reactions which occur in the mind. In other words, I can make myself sober with a thought. By the fractal theory, the THC would define me until it processed through my system completely. That is simply not true. I can choose to allow the effects or not.
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:35 pm
@BaCaRdi,
A trap it may be but I have never been one to be wary. We are exchanging.. Ahem...

Calcium
Phosphorus
Potassium
Sulfur
Sodium
Chlorine
Magnesium
Iron
Fluorine
Zinc
Silicon
Rubidium
Strontium
Bromine
Lead
Copper
Aluminium
Cadmium
Cerium
Barium
Tin
Iodine
Titanium
Boron
Selenium
Nickel
Chromium
Manganese
****nic
Lithium
Mercury
Caesium
Molybdenum
Germanium
Cobalt
Antimony
Silver
Niobium
Zirconium
Lanthanum
Tellurium
Gallium
Yttrium
Bismuth
Thallium
Indium
Gold
Scandium
Tantalum
Vanadium
Thorium
Uranium
Samarium
Tungsten
Beryllium
Radium

In that order...

But none of these define my consciousness or my existence. Only my physical form which, by your own words, is nothing more than a perception.
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:38 pm
@Icon,
Yeah...we call that...eremmmmmm lets see..

"Information" Exchange. Welcome to the Radix!
Icon wrote:
A trap it may be but I have never been one to be wary. We are exchanging.. Ahem...

Calcium
Phosphorus
Potassium
Sulfur
Sodium
Chlorine
Magnesium
Iron
Fluorine
Zinc
Silicon
Rubidium
Strontium
Bromine
Lead
Copper
Aluminium
Cadmium
Cerium
Barium
Tin
Iodine
Titanium
Boron
Selenium
Nickel
Chromium
Manganese
****nic
Lithium
Mercury
Caesium
Molybdenum
Germanium
Cobalt
Antimony
Silver
Niobium
Zirconium
Lanthanum
Tellurium
Gallium
Yttrium
Bismuth
Thallium
Indium
Gold
Scandium
Tantalum
Vanadium
Thorium
Uranium
Samarium
Tungsten
Beryllium
Radium

In that order...

But none of these define my consciousness or my existence. Only my physical form which, by your own words, is nothing more than a perception.
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 01:42 pm
@BaCaRdi,
That is my point exactly. Information exchange does lend itself to the fractal ideal. What is it that makes me conscious? Am I only the sum of my experiences. If that is true then nothing can come from me other than a repetition of previous ideas strung together in a different sequence. Fractals limit everything to the culmination of current information. This doesn't describe such things as dreams for example. I have seen things in dreams that do not even closely resemble things I have experienced in a waking state. Creatures the likes of which I cannot even describe. ideas which have no root or form but simply are. And these form me as well. What is the fractal for belief or the fractal for bliss?
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:19 pm
@Icon,
How did you come to this conclusion my friend?

Knowledge is bliss my friend....the philosophers stone.

Radix anchored by radix...look it up..

A funny thing happens...eremm oops it's fractal...

-BaC
Knowledge is power!
Fight or flight?
Icon wrote:
That is my point exactly. Information exchange does lend itself to the fractal ideal. What is it that makes me conscious? Am I only the sum of my experiences. If that is true then nothing can come from me other than a repetition of previous ideas strung together in a different sequence. Fractals limit everything to the culmination of current information. This doesn't describe such things as dreams for example. I have seen things in dreams that do not even closely resemble things I have experienced in a waking state. Creatures the likes of which I cannot even describe. ideas which have no root or form but simply are. And these form me as well. What is the fractal for belief or the fractal for bliss?
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:21 pm
@BaCaRdi,
And so what is the fractal of your fractal? All things have a source but that which is defined by itself has no start or end.
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:25 pm
@BaCaRdi,
Let me guess......

heretic, gone-job, nutzo, etc ....
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:28 pm
@Icon,
The Axiom...

The singularity, for us...for this place I call the "void"

Despite popular belife, there is no end......oops here we go again...boarding all trains..boaaarrrrrnnnning allll trains..last call.

-BaC
The "God" Particle.Tron.....a postulate...
No not me:P

Icon wrote:
And so what is the fractal of your fractal? All things have a source but that which is defined by itself has no start or end.
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:36 pm
@BaCaRdi,
I am certainly not calling you a nut job since I get that a lot myself and know that it is not true.

I am merely wondering how that single particle managed to mutate into so many functions and recombine into a single function called consciousness?
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 02:53 pm
@Icon,
You question is that of consciousness?

Are you not of a collective consciousness by nature?

-BaC
Icon wrote:
I am certainly not calling you a nut job since I get that a lot myself and know that it is not true.

I am merely wondering how that single particle managed to mutate into so many functions and recombine into a single function called consciousness?
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:03 pm
@BaCaRdi,
If I were then I would not be aware of the self and not feel so disconnected from everyone that I speak with. Razz

I communicate but I am not of a collective consciousness. If I were then my concepts wouldn't be so hard to understand.
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:03 pm
@BaCaRdi,
Lets get really nuts.....like I need help.lol

Say I don't know, that you are able to understand binary.....Can't...well I can help with that if need be.

Lets take..say pins(ports) on a Microcontroller for instance.

There is much more than this to it...but this is the "roundabout" idea behind it.

Code: pins(Ports) 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 <--- decimal notation, moot point.
pins(Ports) 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 <---Binary notation....
What are we really saying here...we "simply" put, pins(ports)
Code:6,4,2
are on..ports
Code:7, 5, 3, 1 , 0
are off.

Welcome to the binary world...
-BaC
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:09 pm
@BaCaRdi,
But am I really as simple as a computer you 01101110 01110101 01110100 00100000 01101010 01101111 01100010?
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:12 pm
@Icon,
Point taken?

Your sub-binary within sub-binary radix..

Fractal by nature...fractal in nature fractal is nature..

Besides who says computers are simple..ffs..man i spent to much money on that damn degree Razz

That is the true difference my friend...
-BaC
Icon wrote:
But am I really as simple as a computer you 01101110 01110101 01110100 00100000 01101010 01101111 01100010?
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:18 pm
@BaCaRdi,
Mental exercise... Take 1 or 0 can you not break it up into smaller and even smaller pieces if you new how? The point is...you never stop being able to break it into smaller pieces....

Opps the information is still there!
Besides..how do you really know it's broken to begin with :poke-eye:

-BaC
Fractal by design...Thank you "GOD!"
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:21 pm
@BaCaRdi,
An even more "scary" proposition;

What if....I don't know....that there is order among chaos.

-BaC
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:22 pm
@BaCaRdi,
But am I really as simple as a computer you 01101110 01110101 01110100 00100000 01101010 01101111 01100010?<--did you know binary before..lol

According to the ASCII stanards set forth by ISO...

01000100 01101001 01110100 01110100 01101111

-BaC
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 03:27 pm
@BaCaRdi,
Di Vinci Codes..

Ohh now I did it!

-BaC prays for the truth...

0 Replies