The Bush Rewards For Heros!

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:48 am
Read and be tempted to throw-up:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/10/international/middleeast/10POWS.html?th

For those with difficulties in viewing, the report reveals how the Administration is fighting tooth and nail to block the payment of, Court awarded, Iraqi compensation to the American victims of the previous Gulf war.

How low can they go? Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 862 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 05:05 am
There are simply no redeeming features to this administration.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:14 pm
The crying widow
I was shaking my head in pity watching her cry and saying that her husband died to save us, the American people. Crying or Very sad

Of course, she just has to believe that.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 05:20 am
How low can they go?

One answer coming to mind involves gulling the people with imaginary tales of heroic deeds on the killing fields of Iraq. Ask Jessica? Rolling Eyes

Far more palatable for recruitment than the reality of daily supplies of body-bags and ambulances?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 07:02 am
I think for the most part, Americans realize how fortunate they are -- and are eager to see the rest of the world obtain the advantages we enjoy.

I almost never bad-mouth my country -- and hate to even privately think negative thoughts about it.

But this group of misfits simply cannot get anything right. As Wilso put it -- the administration simply has no redeeming qualities.

I can only hope that they are sent packing next November.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:05 am
In European news reports, it is being claimed that, for electoral reasons, the administration is deliberately under-reporting and under-estimating numbers of official casualties, body-bags and returning coffins for home news consumption.

Could it be that the official figures are being tallied on the President's favorite voting machines?

How low can they sink? Perhaps the answer is yet to be discovered? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:07 am
Would someone be so kind as to copy and paste the article in here?
I don't seem to be able to get onto the nytime site for some odd reason.
I'd appreciate it, thanks. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:17 am
It's likely asking you to register in order to link to the article. The article is a bit long to copy and paste.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 02:11 pm
At least another twelve Americans sacrificed TODAY to the glory of the President and his friends, plus nine more injured. Not too easy to hide from the voters?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 02:35 pm
The guerillas are the ones who have the law of attrition on their side -- Bush can only flaunt it.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 03:28 pm
I am very much afraid that Mr. Frank A Pisa's hope that the Administration be sent packing next September does not appear to be in the cards at this time. It is one thing to opine that the American people are rising up en masse against the Republicans, but evidence does not show that to be true.

As a matter of fact, evidence seems to show that the Republicans are doing quite well.

FACTS

l. In California, 61% of the voters voted for Republican candidates ( a bigger total turnout than in 2000)

2. In Kentucky, the people elected a Republican Governor last week.

3. In Mississippi, the people elected a Republican Governor last week.

4. In Louisiana, the people are in the process of electing a Republican Governor today.

If there is a country wide reaction to Republican candidates, it certainly not being demonstrated. In fact, the people in the four states above are rejecting Democrats and their policies.

Furthermore, Democratic Senators appear to be bailing out of a sinking ship.

Edwards, Hollings, Graham and Miller have all anounced that they will not be running in Nov. 2004.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 04:30 pm
Quote:
I am very much afraid that Mr. Frank A Pisa's hope that the Administration be sent packing next September does not appear to be in the cards at this time.

Especially since elections aren't until November. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 06:23 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Quote:
I am very much afraid that Mr. Frank A Pisa's hope that the Administration be sent packing next September does not appear to be in the cards at this time.

Especially since elections aren't until November. Rolling Eyes

Bob

Don't discourage Gato simply because he doesn't know elections are held in November, not September.

Listen to what he is saying about Bush being unbeatable -- and how the conservatives rule!

It's not deja vu.

There actually was another Bush running a while back -- and folks like gato were saying all those things when he was running for re-election.

He was the Bush who was squashed like a bug by Bill Clinton -- who, after four years of further trash talk, went on to win re-election.

Let Gato talk as much as he wants. Encourage all the people like him to do the same. It is music to my ears. And if you listen closely, it will be music to yours also.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 11:21 am
According to current news reports, more explosions in Baghdad today. How many more dead and injured for Bush and Blair to describe as prices worth paying?

Any truth to the rumour that the President has just been voted 'Man Of The Year' ..... by the Funeral Directors Of America? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies