tomkatn

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:15 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
We question the obvious because we have prior experience that is what I am questioning perception reality or from your view point reality.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:18 pm
@tomkatn,
Illusionist
0 Replies

Goug

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 09:14 pm
@Whoever,
Because the notion that the human mind can grasp such an abstract concept is unrealistic.
0 Replies

sillybillybadboy

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:30 am
@TickTockMan,
Well Tick tock man, I suppose to answer that in another way, would that fist even exist if your mind were not there to perceive it? Does your mind create the existence you are experiencing? Since you only ever truly see things through your own eyes, the possibility therefore exists that everything is a figment of your imagination including the fist.

Hope that helps :-)
0 Replies

alzaa

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 05:42 am
@Deftil,
If anything is possibile, does that mean impossibility is a possibility?
michs

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 02:31 pm
@SHANEO,
michs: if your telling me that matter plus time plus chance created mind. sorry dont buy it. and if you do you should question ur own morality. ie to decide on a right or wrong you are in fact confirming a giver of wright and wrong , true false, good bad. science doesnt creat emotion.
0 Replies

michs

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 02:48 pm
@TickTockMan,
are you saying it is true we are figments of ur imagination? then you will have to agree there is also false. as true does not go without false.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 07:34 am
Who is the pet, the cat or me?

A
R
T
0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 01:20 am
@Deftil,
Is desire an aid or an encumbrance in our pursuit of truth?
0 Replies

martialartist

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 09:54 am
@Victor Eremita,
I agree with you Victor... It's also possible that I'm dreaming! May be my dream started since I was a baby. When I'll go to sleep at night, I may dream in my dream... May be it's when I'm dead that I'll be awake.
0 Replies

north

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 02:26 pm
@alzaa,
alzaa wrote:

If anything is possibile, does that mean impossibility is a possibility?

no , the Universe has limits

for instance

if I were given the task of knocking down the CN Tower , with a hockey stick , it is an impossible task
0 Replies

thomo

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 06:48 am
@Alan McDougall,
the existence of existence? what a bad question. your here and so am I. and I'm pretty sure that we are both certain of that so if existence didn't exist, how would you be having conscious thoughts?
0 Replies

thomo

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 07:25 am
I think there are some stupid questions on here such as questioning the existence of existence. I'm pretty sure I'm here and real, and I'm pretty sure you are in the world and real. Along with everyone else. If we didn't exist how would we be able to make conscious thoughts decisions? If I am wrong, then that is one hell of an elaborated imagination thats been going for a hell of a long time. Also there is stupid reasoning. Such as religion. I suggest you look up Charles Darwin's theory of evolution and make sure you read the part on natural selection. If you struggle to believe it then you are daft and probably don't belong on this forum.

Now my own question might be just as bad as others, though I welcome scrutiny.

We know that there are things out there that we don’t know, so does that mean we do know what we don’t?
north

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:31 pm
@thomo,
thomo wrote:

I think there are some stupid questions on here such as questioning the existence of existence. I'm pretty sure I'm here and real, and I'm pretty sure you are in the world and real. Along with everyone else. If we didn't exist how would we be able to make conscious thoughts decisions? If I am wrong, then that is one hell of an elaborated imagination thats been going for a hell of a long time. Also there is stupid reasoning. Such as religion. I suggest you look up Charles Darwin's theory of evolution and make sure you read the part on natural selection. If you struggle to believe it then you are daft and probably don't belong on this forum.

Now my own question might be just as bad as others, though I welcome scrutiny.

Quote:
We know that there are things out there that we don’t know, so does that mean we do know what we don’t?

yes

we are aware , at least some of us are , that we know what we know

when we know everything within this Universe , we will know , naturally

it will be awhile though !
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:45 pm
@thomo,
Sadly there are many kuku people that will ask stilly and utterly stupid questions, either compulsivly and/or for attentionwhoring, best answer is no answer ..don't feed them.
0 Replies

gustav1105

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 01:18 pm
@Whoever,
If the universe is decided than man will no longer hunger for a greater question and the greatest question is only so because it is unsolvable. It's like proving that infinity + infinity = > infinity."because we do not know we seek and because we seek to know we learn!"
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 01:50 pm
Don't know if this is the right thread for this one, but I think it's a philosophical item that may be over-accepted: The Freudian slip.

A
R
T
0 Replies

north

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2010 07:58 pm

why are there answers to the questions ?
0 Replies

Ding an Sich

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 06:57 am
@Deftil,
Deftil wrote:

What do you think are the toughest philosophical questions to answer? I'm not looking for your answers (that would be too much for one thread), but I'm looking for your specific questions. What philosophical questions do you find yourself unable to answer? Which ones, if any, do you think are impossible to answer?

A sentence or 2 about the question or your answer is ok, but remember, I'm just trying to poll for the toughest questions themselves.

Thanks.

Questions concerning causality are some of the biggest problems in philosophy. Especially when it comes to singular causal statements and contrary-to-fact conditionals. Not only that but the Logic of Causation, Regularity Theory, and the like. It's a very dense and tough subject in Philosophy.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 09:02 am
@ariciunervos,
"To have another purpose than that well ... then something must give you a purpose at creation. If I am a shoemaker I make shoes and I make them with the purpose to sell them or wear them. Tools have purposes. Are we tools ? If we are tools and our creator gave us purpose, the purpose must have been coded in the DNA of the first cell. For all we know tomorrow an alien race will land on Earth and say "Glork". That would trigger a reaction in our brains, turning all of us into slaves, the day after tomorrow we'd be in the alien army fighting their wars or on their lands growing their plants.

But if the first cell appeared by accident then ... The result of an accident doesn't really have any purpose. We're alive, we have to stay alive, we have to reproduce. Isn't it fun being alive ?"

This has made the most sense to me out of anything I've read so far today.

0 Replies