JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 09:04 am
@validity,
"How can it be determined that my experience of consciousness is the same as anyone else's experience of consciousness?"

I don't know how to answer this one but it's my favorite.........maybe that's why it is........hmmmm
JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 09:07 am
@TickTockMan,
"What would be the point of doing either?"

Cuz we have to know!!!!!!! I suppose it might bring us a few moments of comfort but other than that......
0 Replies

CezarI

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 02:18 am
What does the ever-expanding universe expand into?
Scientists were able to determine the approximate speed of universal expansion and therefore approximate age of the universe. They never quite tackled what exactly this universe expands into...
Etheral space is created. So that which is finer than ether, which creation expands in, has it always been there waiting to so easily yield to this rapidly expanding creation?
Moreover, if today we no longer talk about a universe, but a pluriverse, with several parallel universes, which are continuously expanding/contracting, how do they affect each other, when they share similar space-time lines? Is the magnitude of cellestial/astronomical events an indirect effect of clashes or activities between contracting and expanding universes sharing the same space and/or time lines? Or the same space and different timelines? What are the differences between those that happen in the same space and time, and those that happen in the same space and at different times?How many universes can coexist, and possibly interract in at least one identical dimension - either time or space? Two-three? Or billions? What are the physical and non-physical characteristics of a maximal activity of an ultra-active pluriverse, as opposed to a non static one? What terminology would we use if we had to write a book exclusivelly about the not yet-created nothingness that "awaits" creation to expand into? How would we be enriched if we knew a whole lot about that reality?
Cezar
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 09:04 am
@CezarI,
Hi Cezarl !
This very same question has intrigued me since I was 15 or so...and precisely because I was aware that nothingness cannot be, I was then forced to conclude that the expansion is, must be, towards our already existing future...reason why I become a hard determinism believer since then...can´t see any other way around it.

Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
0 Replies

1amu

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 03:53 am
@Victor Eremita,
nothing is everything and something is either fascism or choice to deny everything else
0 Replies

1amu

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 04:32 am
@Victor Eremita,
Why there is something rather than nothing is not an impossible question at all but for those who follow and admire thesmeleves it can be I guess.

There is something rather than nothing because nothing is boring for one and also it is nothing as in can I stand up no because I am nothing or I cannot be because I am nothing which means you cannot be because you are what I see are you not and if you are not and I am not then they are not as nothing is when it is not being experienced or observed and analysed.

So something is instead and instead of something how about everything as in not a thing not no thing but all things anything everything but of course what it is and how it is thought of or believed in and experienced and such things is your choice as everything is free to be nice or not, to be a builder or a artist or whatever it concpetualizes about and agrees upon but what things should not be is assuming they mean more than or are more important and needed as one cannot be without the other unless this one is that which is everything which means it is what you love and hate as it is that which murders yet saves but this is something you need to understand more about as I and everyone else does because it is all that is truly here apart from us.

When you see this truth your self nor me or them or anything not even time will be because it is all an illusion.
0 Replies

1amu

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 04:43 am
@JPLosman0711,
Some drink coffee some drink milo but all make assumptions on what it is they are experiencing and will also make different choices as they go but to think we are all thinking and feeling the same way would be wrong because this would imply we are all the same thing which is true but for the sake of difference so we can have variety and personality with family friends and partner or partners which ever the choice maybe then sameness cannot be otherwise who would decide who things should be thought about or experienced and felt and such when we are to assume we are all experiencing it the same way ?

Like minds will connect which is why all minds remember freedom and eternity because this is what all minds are truly connceted to.
0 Replies

hurriwind

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 09:37 pm
@TickTockMan,
Do not flame me too hard >.< i am just 15..hahah
Ok...so you said is there a purpose to us as humans.
I believe that everything has it's purpose. An animal for example a chicken. It is created so that it can produce eggs and we can eat it's meat. Take a table for another example. A table is made so that we can use it to put our things or when we dine etc. Hence, this shows that everything that is created has its purpose. I too believe that Humans have a purpose in life. Humans are more superior than animals and trees and plants.

Why? Because we are able to communicate with each other. We are able to care for each other. We are able to have self-control over things and animals are not able to do that. Also we Humans have knowledge. We have wisdom.

But where does knowledge come from? Wisdom is the foundation. The key. The root to knowledge. So how do we gain wisdom? We can only gain wisdom when we know ourself. So one would say "I already know myself. I know myself the best." But is that the case? If we really know ourself, we will know our weakness. We will know our strengths. If we really know ourselves, then we would not make mistakes and carry on with our mistakes. As what others say, The irony of the eye is that it can see everything but itself. The left eye is not even able to see the right eye. (Because there is a nose in-between.)

So i shall not carry on with the wisdom and knowledge part because if i do i can carry on for another 1000 more words >.< Haha...so back to purpose in Humanity.

Humans i believe are created for a purpose. Everyone/everything has a purpose. I believe, it's just that maybe you have not find out your purpose in life. I believe as Humans, our purpose in life is to share the good things in life. The knowledge that we have gained. To help those living in poverty. You do not have the right to end your life. It is not yours to end. Your life has a purpose. You have not yet done what you came here to do."

Once there is a man who was down and depressed and wanted to end his life. But he heard a voice saying "You do not have the right to end your life. It is not yours to end. Your life has a purpose. You have not yet done what you came here to do." After that he began to search for the purpose of life, God and the universe. He sought to discover what, if anything, could be done by a penniless, unknown man working on behalf of all humanity.

So i believe that we all have a purpose. But there is one thing. We are finite. We are limited. There are things that we are not able to do. For example, I would like to run around the whole world on my legs and swim through the oceans. But i am not able to do so reason being? I am a human being. I am finite. But i believe that there is an Infinite one. The Infinite one created man kind. So how do we carry on our purpose in life? I believe only by seeking the truth in religion, then we are able to find out our purpose in life.

Many would say that religion is to seek God. But i believe religion is not to seek God, but to escape from God. Why do i say so?

I will continue on my next post, most likely within 24 hours cause i am currently busy.

Dun flame me too hard...15 year old guy here >.<
Hahah....

Till my next post, God loves you. He has a purpose in your life.
God bless you all.
0 Replies

LuciaWoof

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 02:16 am
One question: Will people ever be able to find an answer to the question "What is the meaning of life?" that everyone will agree on?
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 05:18 am
@LuciaWoof,
The meaning of life is to never worry if there's meaning or not, because outside of your mind, there isn't. What is meaning but a question that you have an answer to? By contrast, what is meaninglessness but a question that you have no answer to? Dead people can't/don't ask questions to begin with......you never knew what meaning was before you were born and started asking questions, therefore you won't when you die. Meaning is in your head.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 05:54 am
@JPLosman0711,
Well that is one simple way of looking at it...on the other hand meaning closely resembles function, and in that sense meaning is everywhere with or without minds !
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 05:25 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
How does meaning resemble function OUTSIDE the mind?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 05:37 pm
@JPLosman0711,
When an event establishes a function in relation to any other event that function itself is the meaning bearer of what that event represents to the other...the function is specific from A to B and it may vary if one goes from A to C for instance...with it meaning also vary´s of course...there´s not much more to it then this...I guess your problem emerges from the (so it seams) narrow view that you have on meaning. You as most conceive it as a property emerging from thought while I on turn am far more concerned with its more "minimalistical" description...Function fits that description in my perspective.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 07:46 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Does not all of this happen inside the mind?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 07:52 pm
@JPLosman0711,
It is my belief that there are events going on in and outside the mind...if it is the case that you are a solipsist you should not really be asking me...
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 08:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
There ARE in fact events going on outside the mind, but does it not take a mind to see these events in the first place?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 08:57 pm
@JPLosman0711,
I guess so, were did I said anything on that ?
Or do you think you necessarily need an observer in order to have functions going around ? that would be odd...meaning and interpretation is just one more category of functions...say, running on our "software", but the rules to what they really are do not change in nature just because the materials are different from mind (organic) to matter (inorganic)...I guess you should simplify your understanding upon what meaning is really about...something means what it does in relation to something else...if for yet another something it does and relates and serves differently then it has a different "meaning"/function...and it does not need to be a person.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 09:14 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Everything and anything induced by humans had to have inevitably begun in a human mind, everything begins with conception. What you're speaking of are merely extensions of human functions(that began in the mind)but I assure you everything begins in the mind. Meaning is nothing more than a question that you have an answer to.

End of story.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 09:16 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
How would we ever have an interpretation of nature outside our own minds? You cannot truly see nature for what it is as our own minds "get in the way" so to speak. Ask yourself this question - What does something(nature) look like when no one is looking at it...?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 09:26 pm
@JPLosman0711,
I agree with all that...that is not the issue...
Whatever Nature is in itself why should it not (nature) have functions ?
We cannot understand Nature in its all, we cannot compute it...at best Nature its only computable for itself...but nevertheless we have access to bits and pieces through pattern recognition which allows us to believe with a certain amount of confidence that whether we know it or not with full certainty there are functions in nature...meaning is at this light a function working in another layer of reality through mind...yet still its true roots identify it with what we usually describe as function...I guess the difference is that you conceive meaning as something that must be perceived while I on turn look at meaning as something that must cause an effect, something that what actually does is establishing a function.
Striping out the superfluous "clothes" in words is one of my major concerns to clarify what things really are behind their useful appearance...