How to Dream for a Better Future

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:28 am
Oh, hi there, I guess you're wondering what this is all about. Well, at the cost of sounding ditzy and corny, this thread is about How to Dream for a Better Future.

Now, let's qualify this: this thread will NOT teach you how to be come The Supreme Allied Commander for United Earth, The Emperor of the Universe or Master Manipulator of Space and Time of the Multiverse; we can discuss that in another thread.

What this thread will discuss is How to Dream for a Better Future; meaning it will give you some tips on How to Dream for a Better Future. Let's begin.

1. You must clear all your preconceptions and cynicism about not having a better future. Just say this to yourself repeatedly: "I reject all bad futures. I reject them all." This way, you cleanse yourself while practicing your verbal skills.

2. You must do something .... nice. Here's a tip, tell every man, you're handsome, and every woman, you're beautiful. People will take this compliment and have a good moment, in their otherwise lousy day.

3. You must kiss. Kiss your family, kiss your dog, kiss your secret lover, whatever; but you must kiss. Why? So you get practice kissing any lousy futures good bye!

4. You must dream. Well duh right? If you don't dream, you're pretty much missing the point of this thread. You must be able to dream in order to Dream for a Better Future. Here's a tip, in order to dream, you probably should sleep.

5. You must Dream for a Better Future. Now that you've dreamed, you must start to dream about that Better Future. Hopefully, you've followed the first four suggestions in order to Dream for a Better Future. What is this Better Future, you say? Well if I told you that, you wouldn't have to Dream for a Better Future, would you?

6. Live. Ok, so assuming you've Dreamed for a Better Future, you've probably've waken up and said, now how do you get a Better Future? Well, that question is out of the scope of this thread, which was to discuss how to Dream for a Better Future. How to Get a Better Future is your problem.

Alright, Good Luck To You All!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 926 • Replies: 11
No top replies

astrotheological

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:21 pm
@Victor Eremita,
You wouldn't happen to have any tips for depression.
madel

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:28 pm
@astrotheological,
I move to add one to your list there Vic:
Remove as many expectations from your life as you can, specifically regarding other people: Failure of others to meet your expectations of them builds resentment in you toward them. Resentment helps no one.

:detective: <---I like this emoticon. So I'm going to use him here. For no good reason.
Khethil

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 05:10 am
@madel,
Very nice, we could all use some positiveness in our lives.

I particularly like the part about proactively complimenting (verbally embracing) others. I think we spend so much time in our boxed in little miseries, that we blind ourselves to the undeniable benefit of passing on a little love. Ironically, I find it brings more satisfaction to the giver then on its surface, one might think.

Excellent :a-ok:
Victor Eremita

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 09:40 pm
@Khethil,
Haha thanks; have you guys dreamed for that better future yet?
Ennui phil

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 07:21 am
@Victor Eremita,
Many thanks for your valuable and productive tips Victor!People would be satiated by following your instructions.
0 Replies

Rose phil

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 03:14 pm
@Victor Eremita,
I liked your post but dreaming it doesn't work for me. I find relaxation, meditation and affirmations work better.
0 Replies

sarek

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 03:51 pm
@Victor Eremita,
I think this is the only recipe worth following.
We have an ability to think. We owe it to the world to put that to good use.
0 Replies

Rose phil

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 04:11 pm
@Victor Eremita,
Thinking is good but listening is also important. We can come up with the greatest ideas but if no one is listening to us....
xris

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 08:34 am
@Rose phil,
Pardon what was that you said....
Rose phil

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 04:29 pm
@xris,
.......... Laughing ...........
0 Replies

Victor Eremita

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 06:25 pm
@Victor Eremita,
Oh man I can't believe I wrote this! This is crazy...... genius.
0 Replies