The answer to the qustion "where has god come from?"

"From one's self".
No0ne

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 05:05 pm
@No0ne,
From my philosophy...

The reason why my "god" exists...

"For I exist, therefore my "God" exist's"

For when dose my existence exist?, it exist's when I exist in it.
No0ne

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 05:08 pm
@No0ne,
For so to do these answer's have taken my thirst from me, for I know these wont for other's so, just "make your own".

Or another will just make it for you... And would there's satisfy you more than your own? For would you not better understand your own in it's upmost complexitie's than the answer's made by another's understanding of the world...
socrato

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 08:51 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
So from my philosophy...

The answer to the qustion "where has god come from?"

"From one's self".

That doesn't make sense because that means God is imaginative, which he's not. I mean God did all those things to people said in the bible.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:37 pm
@socrato,
Quote:
That doesn't make sense because that means God is imaginative, which he's not.

Sure he is. How else does the idea of God change so much over time?
Khethil

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 06:34 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Sure he is. How else does the idea of God change so much over time?

Excellent; I saw somewhere else this morning (don't remember here) someone saying, something to the effect of, religion should change with the times. Precious, absolutely precious.
0 Replies

Richardgrant

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 08:36 am
@OntheWindowStand,
OntheWindowStand wrote:
Time cannot have always existed. Without a beginning time is a line stretching both forward and backward for eternity. In this model it is impossible to ever move forward or back in time because the start cant be defined without a start how can it exist? unless it created in which case the creator would be god.

God can only exist in the here and now, everything that happens unhappens simultaneously everything that is, is of everything else that is. There is no past, or future, eternity is here and now, in the Oneness.
Holiday20310401

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 11:02 am
@Richardgrant,
I agree that time exists in instances, no two instances can correlate to eachother, but the past exists. It has potential on the present. Otherwise we would not be able to react. The future gives cause for us to react, and the past affects what reaction we take.

So yeah sure, we can say they don't physically exist, but try proving that about the present.:sarcastic:
Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:32 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Quote:
Excellent; I saw somewhere else this morning (don't remember here) someone saying, something to the effect of, religion should change with the times. Precious, absolutely precious.

Absolutely. The idea of God has changed a great deal through history. This change occurs because different societies, different individuals need different things from religion.

We have to let God change to meet our modern spiritual demands. A stagnant God is a dead God.
0 Replies

TheRedMenace

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 11:28 am
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
For so to do these answer's have taken my thirst from me, for I know these wont for other's so, just "make your own".

Or another will just make it for you... And would there's satisfy you more than your own? For would you not better understand your own in it's upmost complexitie's than the answer's made by another's understanding of the world...

Does that mean that you belief in the primacy of consciousness?
clearthought

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:01 pm
@TheRedMenace,
How can god not exist? The better question would be, How could god exist? :poke-eye:
Holiday20310401

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:14 pm
@clearthought,
Both are just as useless to answer
clearthought

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:23 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Quite true. Hence that cute little stick-poking-eye emoticon.
socrato

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:56 pm
@clearthought,
Its very important I think to realise that God exists.:poke-eye:.

Here's a quote.

The most precious metal of all? GOLD.. Nope, the nails used to take away our sins. (obviously talking about Jesus.)
0 Replies

No0ne

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 05:54 pm
@clearthought,
clearthought wrote:
How can god not exist? The better question would be, How could god exist? :poke-eye:

Why would such exist?
Why would such not exist?
0 Replies

No0ne

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 05:55 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Both are just as useless to answer

Why is it useless?
Why is it not useless?

I insure you that the answer to those two will reflect what point that you have given to this pointless matter.
0 Replies