Political Chutzpah?

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:50 am
Is this chutzpah or what?

Republican Mitt Romney, the new Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has asked President Bush ( also a Republican ) for financial support for the 2004 Democratic presidential convention, to be held in Boston.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,242 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 08:36 am
IMO, I don't think that it is an unreasonable request. Political conventions bring a lot of jobs and revenue into an area.

My definition of chutzpah is:

Murdering your parents, and then throwing yourself on the mercy of the court because you are an orphan! Very Happy
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 08:51 am
I find it ironic, that two powerful Republicans will be trying to raise money to elect a possible democratic replacement for President Bush!
Shocked
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 08:55 am
New Haven- On the other hand, how would it have looked if Bush refuses? (I had not read the story. Is Bush allocating any money?)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:06 am
I don't know whether Bush will or not. Just know that Romney will be asking him. He thinks the drain on the State for the convention will be too great. Seems, that the pols should have thought of that in the first place, considering the expense associated with the Big Dig. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:09 am
New Haven- I think you have hit on the main problem with most politicians- spend now, think later! Mad
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:15 am
Hmmmmmm .... The Dem Convention in Boston .... think maybe that might logically qualify for Government Assistance ... Under FEMA's Disaster Aid provision. Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

timber
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:27 am
Does it surprise anyone that a politician is asking for money for anything?
Even if they disagree with what they are asking for money for,if it will get them votes they want money for it.
0 Replies