What does it take to become a 'World Cuisine'?

farmerman

Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:48 pm
ooh ooh, tell me about the fried Mars bar. it sounds very dangerous to apply thermodynamics to a food group.

Outside of barbecue, and some Native American preparation styles like jerky, orbaked succotash there are very few purely American styles of cooking. Our nation has never turned away any kind of cooking , just as long as its good. we, as a nation are the grand supporters of world cuisine , we mix styles that seem otherwise immiscible.

there is one thing said about us, an American will eat anything as long as you put it between two slices of bread.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:49 pm
California, arguably part of america (the US portion) has had an imprint on cuisine of the world as a whole but I am not so sure that CA cuisine is itself, as such, a world cuisine, which I take to be a relatively purist categorization, and I don't say that as a knock on either California or on the key world cuisines.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:51 pm
For farmerman:

http://yumfood.net/recipes/deepfriedmars.html
0 Replies

Christina82

Fri 18 Jun, 2004 04:30 pm
HAHAHAHA!!! OMG! I have never heard of a fried twinkie! For shame. *shakes head*
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 19 Jun, 2004 06:13 am
nEVER HEARD OF A FRIED TWINKIE?
Child, we have to educate you in the finer things of life. A fried twinkie is one of our species greatest fun foods. Picture a twinkie, dipped in a sugary batter and deep fried till hot as a meteor , then you eat . The hot crispy coating unfolds into a fiery lava of inner sugar fluffy syrup thatll burn off your uvula.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 06:05 am
World Cuisine
By now you have heard a tad more than you bargained for with the reply you have in hand. It's customary for certain Euros to adopt supercillious postures when talking about the subject they consider an "exclusive birthright"...airs often adopted by servant class persons up from the gutter.
By now most of the European countries are in dire 3rd class nation status with miserable declining economies, dwindling and aging populations and being over-run by Islamic-facist immigration providing cover for clandestine armies of world terrorists. As more scandal in middle east oil countries as well as the genocide in Sudan is revealed, it's easy to see how the familiar " What's for Dinner?" has no significance whatsoever for them.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 06:08 am
World Cuisine
By now you have heard a tad more than you bargained for with the reply you have in hand. It's customary for certain Euros to adopt supercillious postures when talking about the subject they consider an "exclusive birthright"...airs often adopted by servant class persons up from the gutter.
By now most of the European countries are in dire 3rd class nation status with miserable declining economies, dwindling and aging populations and being over-run by Islamic-facist immigration providing cover for clandestine armies of world terrorists. As more scandal in middle east oil countries as well as the genocide in Sudan is revealed, it's easy to see how the familiar " What's for Dinner?" has no significance whatsoever for them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 09:06 am
lighten up chuck.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 11:37 am
farmerman wrote:
lighten up chuck.
Aye Aye Cap'n!
0 Replies

hiama

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 11:47 am
Now you started it Cav,

Whay about the Haggis then ?
0 Replies

Chuckster

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 02:22 pm
Cap'n was so ugly when he was born,the doctor slapped his mother----Henny Youngman
-------------------------------------------------------------------

World Cuisine is a charming obsolete term now only in use by shop girls, hollywood girlie-men, and garden varieties of Euro-trash who walk dogs, drive limos and pretend they are incognito aristocrats.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 03:00 pm
Really? Would you like to explain why the term world cuisine is obsolete?
0 Replies

Chuckster

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 04:51 pm
Nope. Nice Pooch! Corrgie?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 07:00 pm
Corgi, yep!
0 Replies

Chuckster

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 07:33 pm
Osso! Corgi! dear little "person in a dog suit". Well! Off you go in your private quest,with no one the wiser. "Ephemeral" conjures up images of you wandering about cloaked in gauzy material with your poor little pooch in tow. Amusing.
Toodles!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 1 Aug, 2004 08:19 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:06 am
Chuck, why don't you limit the puking up of your hatefulness to the political forum?

What a charm school drop-out.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:12 am
Next discussion, haute cuisine in Spain, which I am enamoured of lately.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:15 am
Good idea, i've never much thought about travellin' to Europe, but i'd love to do late night tapas in Madrid . . .
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:39 am
Setanta wrote:
Chuck, why don't you limit the puking up of your hatefulness to the political forum?

What a charm school drop-out.

My thoughts exactly! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies