Bad celebrities

de budding

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 04:06 am
@Vasska,
Quote:

I would not say she is untalented ans shallow. She has been made this way. Anyhow, someone who gathers millions by singing generic songs would not be dumb in my opinion.
philosopherqueen

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 10:29 am
@de budding,
de_budding wrote:
The South Park episode 'britney's new look' suggests that the people 'choose' a celebrity to molest with attention and that the goal is to kill the chosen celebrity, brilliant episode. It is the subtle things like- Britney shoots her brains out with a shotgun but survives Very Happy, that quietly suggest, underneath the violence, that Britney has no brains to be shot out. She continues her career missing 3/4's of her head and a wonderfully accurate depiction of her MTV awards performance unveils.

Dan.

I was wondering when someone would mention that...That was also the whole reason with the Hannah Montana post!!!!
de budding

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 10:44 am
@philosopherqueen,
HA HA HA, I forgot the Hanah Montana bit! Very Happy
Vasska

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 12:53 pm
@de budding,
de_budding wrote:

As you say someone like Britney Spears gets into the Mickey Mouse Club and from that point on is brainwashed and used. It does not mean she was to be shallow. Talent comes in many different forms, and she is talented at some, less at others (singing and writing). It's sad that these kids are sacrificed for profit and mass satisfaction of seeing people rise and fall.

The Britney Spears we know today is someone who has been used and now is nothing more then a shadow of what she was. She will never be healthy again. I really feel sorry for her being made this way.

Others like Justin Timberlake and Christina Aqulaira were used in lesser extent and broke (partly) free of it.
0 Replies

Vasska

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 12:54 pm
@de budding,
de_budding wrote:
HA HA HA, I forgot the Hanah Montana bit! Very Happy

I heard about her several times but saw nothing further; guess she is the new Britney of 2008?
0 Replies

Wizzy

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 03:10 am
@de budding,
de_budding wrote:
Art for arts sake not for money!

Just have to put in: That's usually my argument for downloading, if you only do art for money, you shouldn't do art...

Vasska wrote:
Everyone should say what they like if it is based on facts and not just some rambling. Neo-Nazi's, Religious fundamentalists and others are just plain wrong in their ways. So can celebrities like Tom Cruise with his Scientology Craze. If you are a teacher you should not say that Hitler was the best thing that happened to the world. Famous people are unfortunately for many people teachers and should act accordingly

well... Yeah sure it should be based on facts but I would never want to live anywhere where there's ANY kind of limitation to what we can say.. That appiles for the "political correctness" stuff too... It's not up to the person speaking to make his limitations, it's up to the listener to choose if he wishes to listen or not...
Vasska

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:02 am
@Wizzy,
Wizzy,

I don't want that either. But famous people still need to understand that they are role models for many and should act like those. Of course the listener should make the choice to listen or not, but it often ain't done.
de budding

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 06:25 am
@Vasska,
Then it should be the role models who teach their listeners the choice to listen or not to. Very Happy As if that's ever going to happen
Dan.
Vasska

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:56 am
@de budding,
de_budding wrote:
Then it should be the role models who teach their listeners the choice to listen or not to. Very Happy As if that's ever going to happen
Dan.

Guess the majority of people are doomed. So don't mind me if I'm gonna sing the doom song now!

Doom! Doom!

DOOOOOOOM!

Doooooooooooooeeeeeeeeem

Doom doom

(Sorry, I'm plagiarizing Invader Zim. I'm bad that way.)
Lazarius

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 01:51 am
@Wizzy,
It is human nature to be enraptured by the obscene. Even the term 'Celebrity' has conotations of Andy Warhol's 'fifteen minutes of fame' Idea. These people wanted to place themselves up to the crutiny of the nation, be that from 'reality TV' or from their own hard work.
Also, the masses are a fickle beast, we like to watch someone rise from obscurity, through adversity to being thrust in the public eye, then fall, followed by the inevitable trial-by-fire and public character assasinations by the tabloid media.

This is the nature of the beast we call fame. It is to their shame that they are happy to spend $27,000 on a coat and not have the forsight to use their resourses for the greater good (Like Angelina Jolie does, she REALLY works for the poor in the third world, and DOESN'T always insist on being on TV doing it).
0 Replies

IndividualLoner

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 05:23 pm
@Vasska,
Vasska wrote:
don't mind me if I'm gonna sing the doom song now!

Doom! Doom!

DOOOOOOOM!

Doooooooooooooeeeeeeeeem

Doom doom

(Sorry, I'm plagiarizing Invader Zim. I'm bad that way.)

Actually that sounded like the Song of the Volga Boatmen. Laughing
Victor Eremita

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 05:26 pm
@IndividualLoner,
Quote:
Why do we focus on Bad celebrities

One word: Schadenfreude
0 Replies

The Mad Physicst

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:58 pm
@philosopherqueen,
Entertainment,.... and to learn what not to do....but mostly Entertainment.
0 Replies