Science and religion

MITech

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 01:46 pm
@Scattered,
Scattered wrote:
I don't expect so, but is anyone aware of any reasoning, logic or science about God or God's purpose? Actually, is there anything in religion (preferably Christianity) about God's purpose or purpose for humans?
Not too complicated please. I am a simple guy.

I agree there is no scientific or factual evidence that can explain god or his purose for humanity. If people think that religion is logical than humanity needs help. The only reasoning towards religion is the fact that people resort to it because they fear death.
Fido

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 07:07 pm
@MITech,
MITech wrote:
I agree there is no scientific or factual evidence that can explain god or his purose for humanity. If people think that religion is logical than humanity needs help. The only reasoning towards religion is the fact that people resort to it because they fear death.

I do think there is scientific and factual evidence to explain God and his purpose. But you have to have enough faith to buy an eight ball to get it...
Scattered

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 09:48 pm
@Fido,
Gads. It's hard to believe this post still has any life.
It's also hard to believe how little curiosity there is here.
I sort of blew this off because originally the answers came from people using classical philosophical patterns of enquiry. Certainly very respectable, but I was looking for curiosity and ingenuity.
Now the answers look like they are coming from a polite crowd on the Richard Dawkins web site using ideological atheism instead of even philosophy. It bores me to tears.
As I said in the first place, science and reason strongly suggest God's existence. No faith needed for knowledge. As a matter of fact, examination of the topic shows how divorsed faith must be from knowledge.
I hate to tell you, but you haven't figured it out...or even tried to which is understandable considering all the time and work it took me. I do hope to get it published though and you will then be welcome to tell me if you can find any flaws of fact or reason in it. No one has yet and many know of it.
Enjoy, Scattered
Fido

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 04:45 am
@Scattered,
Scattered wrote:
Gads. It's hard to believe this post still has any life.
It's also hard to believe how little curiosity there is here.
I sort of blew this off because originally the answers came from people using classical philosophical patterns of enquiry. Certainly very respectable, but I was looking for curiosity and ingenuity.
Now the answers look like they are coming from a polite crowd on the Richard Dawkins web site using ideological atheism instead of even philosophy. It bores me to tears.
As I said in the first place, science and reason strongly suggest God's existence. No faith needed for knowledge. As a matter of fact, examination of the topic shows how divorsed faith must be from knowledge.
I hate to tell you, but you haven't figured it out...or even tried to which is understandable considering all the time and work it took me. I do hope to get it published though and you will then be welcome to tell me if you can find any flaws of fact or reason in it. No one has yet and many know of it.
Enjoy, Scattered

Get out of town! Science and reason have nothing to say about God, but as we have been able to climb higher and see further there was no more of reaching heaven with a ladder, a tower, a beanstalk, or a tall tree. Ignorance is a million questions for a child, and few of them may contribute to actual survival. So what if you tell a kid that the world was created in seven days? Is the scientific reality less amazing? You need to know. Here is the answer. Now get your chores done before the winter blows ice chrystals up yer bung hole. Let science tell you the truth later.
Scattered

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 06:53 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
Get out of town! Science and reason have nothing to say about God,

I guess you know all science and reason then. Somehow I doubt it. I assure you, science and reason can say much about God. You just have to work up a little genetics, a lot of reason and squeeze real hard.

Fido wrote:
but as we have been able to climb higher and see further there was no more of reaching heaven with a ladder, a tower, a beanstalk, or a tall tree.

OK, but I might suggest more faith in science and reason then. I see more perched on it than on beanstalks...

Fido wrote:
Ignorance is a million questions for a child, and few of them may contribute to actual survival.

They are survival. They are a part of the person's life.

Fido wrote:
So what if you tell a kid that the world was created in seven days? Is the scientific reality less amazing?

Oh, sounds so fundy. It's OK, but at some point a person tends to associate and cross reference their facts so there can be a drawback to teaching something like "the world was created in seven days". In a way, that is the point of what I did. Religion is important. Humans seem to have a religion receptor point in their mind. The trouble is that religion generally has such illogical premises that when it gets cross referenced with the facts and world view a person develops from science and reason, there is a clash. I just wanted to see if God made any sense in terms of science and reason. I found out it did. The value is that the view I created based on fact and reason plugs into that religion receptor just fine, but clashes with neither science/reason or with most forms of classical religion (except fundementalism, which is OK). It's funny though. It has very little to do with faith, which I guess is OK, as faith, on balance, has little to do with religion.

Fido wrote:
You need to know. Here is the answer. Now get your chores done before the winter blows ice chrystals up yer bung hole. Let science tell you the truth later.

Uh. OK. Actually though, it is knowledge that we use to survive. You have to work smart, not just hard.
Fido

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 05:22 pm
@Scattered,
I am going to get back to your post. For now, technology has only grown but slowly, so for a very long time the only technology was to get after it with what you know. And I will tell you the truth here, and I am not saying it because I have read few books but many. If you read ten books on various subjects it is possible that you have the breadth of a hundred books. I was told something in regard to Jesus once, but it might do as well for Socrates. It is that if you take twelve people into a room with you together you can reconstruct the whole of human knowledge. Maybe Jesus had never heard of a Greek philosopher, but it was unlikely that all that had went on in the world escaped them all together. So, if you read a few books on various subjects and they are not too old, it is possible to have a grasp of all current ideas and get some glimpses at many past ideas that resurface, or are taken out of the box as straw men. Think of how well accepted a book might be if it went cont rary to what everyone knows. If you are betting on ignorance the odds are better than fifty fifty. If you are trying to sell books or ideas you are betting that the person who picks your book up, will recognize it as a contradiction, or addition to accepted knowledge. In either case, it must appeal to more knowledge than it professes to know. I am tired right now, I don't know if I could make the point better if not. If you read books you can get a better idea what accepted knowledge is, and if you read many books you can get a good enough idea of knowledge to say something bold about technology, and knowledge with confidence.
Scattered

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:33 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
I am going to get back to your post. For now, technology has only grown but slowly, so for a very long time the only technology was to get after it with what you know. And I will tell you the truth here, and I am not saying it because I have read few books but many. If you read ten books on various subjects it is possible that you have the breadth of a hundred books. I was told something in regard to Jesus once, but it might do as well for Socrates. It is that if you take twelve people into a room with you together you can reconstruct the whole of human knowledge. Maybe Jesus had never heard of a Greek philosopher, but it was unlikely that all that had went on in the world escaped them all together. So, if you read a few books on various subjects and they are not too old, it is possible to have a grasp of all current ideas and get some glimpses at many past ideas that resurface, or are taken out of the box as straw men. Think of how well accepted a book might be if it went cont rary to what everyone knows. If you are betting on ignorance the odds are better than fifty fifty. If you are trying to sell books or ideas you are betting that the person who picks your book up, will recognize it as a contradiction, or addition to accepted knowledge. In either case, it must appeal to more knowledge than it professes to know. I am tired right now, I don't know if I could make the point better if not. If you read books you can get a better idea what accepted knowledge is, and if you read many books you can get a good enough idea of knowledge to say something bold about technology, and knowledge with confidence.

Sorry, but I've read way too many books. I also have to disagree with you. Even without getting into the technical information, I am sure it would take more than 10 books to cover the categories of human knowledge. Each book by Shakespere covered individual unique archetypes and there are far more archetypes than those. In that I have to handle a great deal of knowledge about humans, I collect archetypes to use for catagorizing what knowlegdge I run across.
Tell ya what, I could follow that, but how about I just tell you one relevant category of knowledge you cannot find in any book. As I have said, religion is not my main study, but I stumbled on that stuff about God. I have also come upon a number of other fields of thought that have not been explored.
Think of this. Day by day, the scientists find some new feature of humans largely controlled by genes, whether it is longevity, a disease or even political biases now. That knowledge can barely be used though, because current genetic theory leads to Social Darwinism... which by the way led to WWII. The study of Heredity is the Third Forbidden Subject in science and you will be driven from academia and polite society if you study it. You say, that is impossible. How could it possibly be done? Ask James Watson. They call you a racist. It works. The genetic knowledge we develop cannot be used until a new moral context is developed with a different result than that of Social Darwinism that does not include racism (quite the contrary). I did that. I found an alternative to Social Darwinism that fits within the original theory of evolution. Note that you can not reference any book that claims to more than very superficially examine the moral context of current and developing genetic knowledge. The ones that do are based on current bioethics which in turn are based on nothing more than trying to be decent and deal with existing problems such as in womb male selection. My moral theory is a proactive view based on a comprehensive examination of the problem and potentials. ... No wishful thinking involved.
I've already said where I put this all. How about 10 books covering ideas that no one has ever explored before?
Enjoy
Fido

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:30 am
@Scattered,
Scattered wrote:
Sorry, but I've read way too many books. I also have to disagree with you. Even without getting into the technical information, I am sure it would take more than 10 books to cover the categories of human knowledge. Each book by Shakespere covered individual unique archetypes and there are far more archetypes than those. In that I have to handle a great deal of knowledge about humans, I collect archetypes to use for catagorizing what knowlegdge I run across.
Tell ya what, I could follow that, but how about I just tell you one relevant category of knowledge you cannot find in any book. As I have said, religion is not my main study, but I stumbled on that stuff about God. I have also come upon a number of other fields of thought that have not been explored.
Think of this. Day by day, the scientists find some new feature of humans largely controlled by genes, whether it is longevity, a disease or even political biases now. That knowledge can barely be used though, because current genetic theory leads to Social Darwinism... which by the way led to WWII. The study of Heredity is the Third Forbidden Subject in science and you will be driven from academia and polite society if you study it. You say, that is impossible. How could it possibly be done? Ask James Watson. They call you a racist. It works. The genetic knowledge we develop cannot be used until a new moral context is developed with a different result than that of Social Darwinism that does not include racism (quite the contrary). I did that. I found an alternative to Social Darwinism that fits within the original theory of evolution. Note that you can not reference any book that claims to more than very superficially examine the moral context of current and developing genetic knowledge. The ones that do are based on current bioethics which in turn are based on nothing more than trying to be decent and deal with existing problems such as in womb male selection. My moral theory is a proactive view based on a comprehensive examination of the problem and potentials. ... No wishful thinking involved.
I've already said where I put this all. How about 10 books covering ideas that no one has ever explored before?
Enjoy

You are wrong again.. Shakespeare did not creat new characters because his drama was formal, and his characters to an extent real in history, and the two types of tragic antihero, if we exclude immortals like Promeathius, or Achilles, are Orestes who did what he did knowing what he did, and then tried to avoid the consequences, and Oedipus who did what he did not knowing what he did and accepted the consequences. No book can be written that does not reflect in one way or another what is the common current of thought, and knowledge in a society. I have read a lot of books, but in doing so have not encountered a lot of new ideas, but rather new authors with different attitudes. Let me give you an example. If you look at the philosophy of the three major western religions, each reaches a point in defense of force. Essentially it is that: If the intelligent do not control the strong, the strong will control the intelligent. This is really a veiled argument for meritocracy, and for social conservatism, but the intelligent in controlling the strong also weakens the whole of society, so even if they made a reasonable argument separated in time by hundreds of years in some cases, it was not the right argument, but one founded on self interest rather than social interest. It is an old idea common to old societies that they will last forever because no one in the form of society has a sense of time outside of the form. Which is part of the function of forms, to warp time, and conserve a certain state of affairs. But the world changes outside, and no society can think itself safe only by controlling their own circumstances to their benefit within. What is good for the few is never good for the many.

If I may... Moral theories are garbage. People are moral, and societies are moral, or both are not. Yet we all live in moral worlds. It is moral senses that control all our actions. If you do not realize that a person's moral sense is formed before he or she can reason about morals, and that they are for all purposes of discussion, -the person-, then you will never see how futile all moral theories are. If you want to change morals change men, and start with yourself because when you find how difficult that is you will grasp how impossible it is appealing to reason in order to change others. You can appeal to morals through emotion, because moral behavior can only be rationalized because it is not rational.
Scattered

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:14 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
You are wrong again.. Shakespeare did not creat new characters because his drama was formal, and his characters to an extent real in history, and the two types of tragic antihero, if we exclude immortals like Promeathius, or Achilles, are Orestes who did what he did knowing what he did, and then tried to avoid the consequences, and Oedipus who did what he did not knowing what he did and accepted the consequences. No book can be written that does not reflect in one way or another what is the common current of thought, and knowledge in a society.

I didn't say they were new, I said each had a different archetype. If you think there are only one or two or ten archetypes to human existense, I have to disagree. There are many more.

Fido wrote:
I have read a lot of books, but in doing so have not encountered a lot of new ideas, but rather new authors with different attitudes. Let me give you an example. If you look at the philosophy of the three major western religions, each reaches a point in defense of force.

Huh? Where does Christianity defend force?
Fido wrote:
Essentially it is that: If the intelligent do not control the strong, the strong will control the intelligent. This is really a veiled argument for meritocracy, and for social conservatism, but the intelligent in controlling the strong also weakens the whole of society,

Says who?
Fido wrote:
so even if they made a reasonable argument separated in time by hundreds of years in some cases, it was not the right argument, but one founded on self interest rather than social interest.

No logic there.
Fido wrote:
It is an old idea common to old societies that they will last forever because no one in the form of society has a sense of time outside of the form. Which is part of the function of forms, to warp time, and conserve a certain state of affairs. But the world changes outside, and no society can think itself safe only by controlling their own circumstances to their benefit within. What is good for the few is never good for the many.

Meaningless platitudes.
Fido wrote:
If I may... Moral theories are garbage. People are moral, and societies are moral, or both are not. Yet we all live in moral worlds. It is moral senses that control all our actions.
If you do not realize that a person's moral sense is formed before he or she can reason about morals, and that they are for all purposes of discussion, -the person-, then you will never see how futile all moral theories are.

So we are all instinct in your view. I see it as a combination. If we are all instinct, then I wonder why we work to learn anything. You may not learn from experience, but I think most people do.
Fido wrote:
If you want to change morals change men, and start with yourself because when you find how difficult that is you will grasp how impossible it is appealing to reason in order to change others. You can appeal to morals through emotion, because moral behavior can only be rationalized because it is not rational.

Partly true. Morality has an instinctual basis, but part of that instinct in humans is to use learned moral strategies. So while you do have to communicate morality emotionally, a superior morality is also based on reason (or something else that makes it functional in reality). My idea was to create a survival strategy, a morality, with reason and then make it into a form that it appeals both to reason and emotion, that is the person's survival instinct, the irrational part. If you offer truth to the head and the heart, a person will embrace it as truth.
As for changing man, that is just another one of those "books" I wrote. We need to adapt behaviorally and genetically. Oh I wrote all about that, but the morality of it, the how and why, has to come first. That is why I mentioned the morality of genetic technologies first. It's a good starting point.
Fido

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 09:06 am
@Scattered,
Scattered wrote:
I didn't say they were new, I said each had a different archetype. If you think there are only one or two or ten archetypes to human existense, I have to disagree. There are many more.

Huh? Where does Christianity defend force?

Says who?

No logic there.

Meaningless platitudes.

So we are all instinct in your view. I see it as a combination. If we are all instinct, then I wonder why we work to learn anything. You may not learn from experience, but I think most people do.

Partly true. Morality has an instinctual basis, but part of that instinct in humans is to use learned moral strategies. So while you do have to communicate morality emotionally, a superior morality is also based on reason (or something else that makes it functional in reality). My idea was to create a survival strategy, a morality, with reason and then make it into a form that it appeals both to reason and emotion, that is the person's survival instinct, the irrational part. If you offer truth to the head and the heart, a person will embrace it as truth.
As for changing man, that is just another one of those "books" I wrote. We need to adapt behaviorally and genetically. Oh I wrote all about that, but the morality of it, the how and why, has to come first. That is why I mentioned the morality of genetic technologies first. It's a good starting point.

Sir; it is not instinct which guides human morality except in the fact that we bond for those who care for us. In this sense the individual who concieves of himself as such is immoral because he has drawn a dotted line between himself and his community, friends, and family which is not natural. If you want to make people moral, you must allow them communities, and once they have the moral feeling you should work on expanding their sense of community to include all of humanity.That is the short, fast, and only way. This is because ethical behavior demands a sacrifice that few can justify rationally no matter what good is promised. If the good precedes the sacrifice people know for what they sacrifice. If good is denied them as children they grow into individual human wolves preying on humanity like so many wall street financiers.

And if you think there are greater numbers of anti hero types, prove it. Anti heroes are criminals, and tragedy is about their exclusion, but when the audience is allowed to see that we are all the same, acting under some duress, doing harm but not meaning harm; or blindly doing harm as the victims of fate, then we can forgive, not only the outcast, but ourselves, and this is the key to growth and progress as human beings, to forgive ourselves our mistakes, get on with our lives and into the future, and to sin no more.

The Christian phislospher of which I speak is Augustine, and I will try to find the reference, I think the Muslim was Malmonedes. And I can't think of the Hebrew off hand. It may take some time, because their words may have been separated by centuries, and the references are from a minimum of three large volumes. To be fair, Canon law punishes force. While the Muslims accept an absolute right to justice, peace is put in the front of justice for Christians so that justice has often been left waiting while peace was enforced. This is best illustrated by law still current in western law forbidding spolation (Despoiling). If some one takes something from you by fraud, or theft, you actually give them a better title than your self by taking back what is yours by force. So justice waits on the pleasures of law.
Scattered

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 09:19 am
@Fido,
Well, this doesn't seem to be philosophy or curiosity, so once again, I must bow out.
Enjoy, Scattered
Fido

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 12:05 pm
@Scattered,
Scattered wrote:
Well, this doesn't seem to be philosophy or curiosity, so once again, I must bow out.
Enjoy, Scattered

Better to bow out than bomb out.
0 Replies

No0ne

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:02 pm
@MITech,
MITech wrote:

What has divided Science and Religion, is the matter of "Concsiousness"

(Some)Religion's, have claimed there was a "Concsiousness" that was involed in the creation of everything.

(Some)Scientist's, have claimed there was not a "Concsiousness" that was involed in the creation of everything.

So it come's back to the question, was there a concsious inteligence that played a role in the creation of the existence.

Yet there is such factual evidence that there is and was inteligence and intelectual thought in the creation of how are existence function's, due to the fact that it take's inteligence and intelect for humanity to understand how the existence function's.

Yet, scientists know that a thing can be inteligent without being aware or conscious of it's surrounding's, yet for a thing to be able to use intelectual thought, such a thing must be conscious and aware of it's surrounding's.

For if it take's conscious intelectual thought to understand the complexness of are existence, would it not take conscious intelectual thought to create such a complexness.

Here are some question's...

How can nature program it's self?--->(what programed hydrogen and oxygen to do what they do, aka function how they function)
What programed nature to program it's self?--> (what programed the program?)
Would such an act take inteligence?
Would such an act take intelecual knowlage?
How could such an act not take inteligence?
How could such an act not take intelecual knowlage?
Was nature concsious of such?

So, it seem's like there is factual evidence that point's the fact that there has to been a conscious intelectual involment in the creation of the rule's of are existence that dictate's how all thing's function with one another.

Yet, there is no evidence that there is still a conscious intelectual and inteligent involment at are present time.

So those both group's lack mass amount of information...

So, a scientist should not call another wrong, due to the fact that he cant prove him self right since he/her lack's the power/information to do so, and religion's should not call another wrong, due to the fact that he/she cant prove his/her self right, due to the same reason as the scientist.

Sadly, I, a third party, that dosnt support the action's or thought's of both side's, has gaven the only proof that can logicaly leed to the conclution that there had to been a conscious inteligence in the creation of the rule's of are existence that dictate's how everything act's, and function's with one another in the up-most complexness that it is.

YET, this evidence dosnt mean that there still is a conscious inteligence :rolleyes:pulling everyone's string's...
ariciunervos

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:33 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne

I hereby award you with this blue apostrophe shaped medal.

'
You've earned it!
Scattered

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:35 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
What has divided Science and Religion, is the matter of "Concsiousness"

(Some)Religion's, have claimed there was a "Concsiousness" that was involed in the creation of everything.

(Some)Scientist's, have claimed there was not a "Concsiousness" that was involed in the creation of everything.

So it come's back to the question, was there a concsious inteligence that played a role in the creation of the existence.

Yet there is such factual evidence that there is and was inteligence and intelectual thought in the creation of how are existence function's, due to the fact that it take's inteligence and intelect for humanity to understand how the existence function's.

I donen't see the "due" part of your last statement. It doesn't seem causal or a logical consequence. Not to say ti's not true, but I can't go with your proof.
No0ne wrote:
Yet, scientists know that a thing can be inteligent without being aware or conscious of it's surrounding's,

That's an unusual being. Even Helen Keller had more awareness than that.
No0ne wrote:

yet for a thing to be able to use intelectual thought, such a thing must be conscious and aware of it's surrounding's.

...Doesn't seem useful, but maybe I missed it.
No0ne wrote:

For if it take's conscious intelectual thought to understand the complexness of are existence, would it not take conscious intelectual thought to create such a complexness.

Here are some question's...

How can nature program it's self?--->(what programed hydrogen and oxygen to do what they do, aka function how they function)
What programed nature to program it's self?--> (what programed the program?)
Would such an act take inteligence?
Would such an act take intelecual knowlage?
How could such an act not take inteligence?
How could such an act not take intelecual knowlage?
Was nature concsious of such?

So, it seem's like there is factual evidence that point's the fact that there has to been a conscious intelectual involment in the creation of the rule's of are existence that dictate's how all thing's function with one another.

Yet, there is no evidence that there is still a conscious intelectual and inteligent involment at are present time.

So those both group's lack mass amount of information...

So, a scientist should not call another wrong, due to the fact that he cant prove him self right since he/her lack's the power/information to do so, and religion's should not call another wrong, due to the fact that he/she cant prove his/her self right, due to the same reason as the scientist.

Well, science is an established body of knowledge. It isn't all knowledge, it is just knowledge that has been vetted according to certain procedures and standards. So you can pretty well tell if something is scince or not. As for religion, I can go with that, but not for that reason.
No0ne wrote:

Sadly, I, a third party, that dosnt support the action's or thought's of both side's, has gaven the only proof that can logicaly leed to the conclution that there had to been a conscious inteligence in the creation of the rule's of are existence that dictate's how everything act's, and function's with one another in the up-most complexness that it is.

YET, this evidence dosnt mean that there still is a conscious inteligence :rolleyes:pulling everyone's string's...

Well, most religions go for free will, so "there still is a conscious inteligence :rolleyes:pulling everyone's string's" isn't generally claimed by religion.

Really, I was challenged to look at religion. My analysis just showed, much to my surprise, that what we generally call God is likely to exist and that the descriptions we have been given could be correct. AYC. That is the question here.
Enjoy
0 Replies

Scattered

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 04:39 pm
@ariciunervos,
ariciunervos wrote:
No0ne

I hereby award you with this blue apostrophe shaped medal.

'
You've earned it!

My eternal appreciation. If I could wear it, I would wear it proudly. Still, I must say that I would not have achieved it without the help of many, many other beings, some sentient, some not.
Really, I'm not sure I deserve such an honor. I am but a simple biologist, standing on the shoulders of great scientists and philosophers, but if you insist, I will accept this honor, not just for myself, but for all humanity of which I am a small part.
I thank you from the bottom of my cortex.
No0ne

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 02:26 pm
@Scattered,
To logicaly and factualy supply evidence, and proof...
(And to put it short and sweet)

Key.
T=True
F=False
U=Unknown

1.It take's concsious inteligence and intelect to understand and learn the rule's that dictate how one or more thing's interact and function with one another at any given point of time...(T)

2.It take's concsious inteligence and intelect to create a rule that applie's to one or more thing's under one or more circumstance at any given point of time...(T)

3.Somthing must be concsious and aware of it's self to use or have intelect...(T)

4.Hydrogen and Oxygen did not dictate to them self rule's on how to act or function at any given point of time...(T)

5.Hydrogen and Oxygen where made to function and act how they act at any given point of time, since they did not dictate to them self rule's on how to function and act at any given point of time...(T)

6. Since 1-5 are true, Therefore there must have been a conscious entity that had intelectualy made a absolute set of rule's that absolutly dictate's how one or more thing's function and act with one another at any given point of time, for all thing's to be and act and function how they do at this present time...(T)

So therefore logicaly, and factualy, there has been proven that there had to be a conscious entity that made a set of rule's that dictate's how everything function's and act's with one another within this existence, since 1-5 are true therefore making number 6, logicaly true.

:detective:Yet this dose not prove that such an entity is still present nor dose it prove that such an entity had created everything and is everything, this only prove's that at the start of all start's there was an intelectual conscious entity, that made a set of rule's that dictate's of everything within this existence function's and act's with one another.

"Intelectual Design"
Scattered

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 07:39 pm
@No0ne,
Ah, some classical philosophy. Unfortunately, historically I call this meta-physics. Good meta-physics. Better than most of it, but little better than saying that since everything is a duality, the only singularity is that everything is a duality (I got an A in a philosophy class for that argument). Still, I won't use it in my form. It may be true. I suspect that in a way it is true. There is evidence for it, but the reasoning is not up to a standard I accept. Maybe that's just unfair, because I found a form that doesn't need it to explain God. Very coherent and well stated though.
Doorsopen

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 06:23 am
@Scattered,
Creation is not an historical event. It is a continually occuring event. Questions, for example, as to the structure, or intelligent design responsible for the origin of the behaviour of hydrogen and oxygen molecules is relevant, but would be better stated as: Why do hydrogen and oxygen molecules continue to behave in such a consistent way? I submit that this 'intelligence' or 'consciousness' is inherent in the molecules themselves. The molecule demonstrates consistent, unified behaviour because it is being what it is. In esoteric terms the molecule's behaviour is unified with its source and therefore behaves in harmony with that source. This is true consciousness, as opposed to cognition. This consciousness prevails throughout our experience of existence, and understanding these relationships is the role of science.
Scattered

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 06:59 am
@Doorsopen,
Oh Lordy, Lordy. What has been wraught!
I don't think molecules have intelligence or conciousness, though the Gaia theory might cover that in some way. I like, but don't believe the Gaia theory.

>>>The molecule demonstrates consistent, unified behaviour because it is being what it is. <<<
That I agree with.

>>>This is true consciousness, as opposed to cognition.<<<
That I don't agree with.

>>>This consciousness prevails throughout our experience of existence, and understanding these relationships is the role of science.<<<
No, can't go with either part of that. I can't see the logic to the first part and as for the second part, that is not the role of science.