roger

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:24 pm
@Thomas33,
I don't know what that means. Do you?
chai2

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:32 pm
@Thomas33,
You just threw a bunch of words together there.

Please.

Universal need? Acknowledged?

How about fulfilled?

As individuals we not only have universal needs, but specific ones.

So what happens to those?

Stop with the airy fairy responses and discuss why you believe money is intrinsically immoral, and debt.

If a monetary system had never been developed, we'd all be sitting in animal skins, chewing on willow bark for the toothache we have, because there'd be no dental technology, health insurance, and we'd be living in caves and such, after we rousted the animal living in there already.

How immoral would it have been if we chose to live such a life, when it could have been so easily improved with a system of sharing tokens that the receiver could then obtain what was important to them as an individual?

chai2

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:37 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I don't know what that means. Do you?

My ex-husband had a sister who had it in her head that she wanted to start a commune that was self sustaining.

I'm totally serious when I tell you she said they were all going to share one lightbulb, and they would take turns who would get it that night.

I asked her how they were going to power their bulb.

They were going to have a portable generator.

And what was going to run this generator? I queried.

Oh, it just went on from there.

Good times.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:37 pm
@chai2,
In the absence of money, mutual respect would've been necessary. This would've meant no social circles, or discriminations.
Business, mansions, careers, and having the same routine mean psychosis and violence.

To get rid of violence, and psychosis and depression, people stop expecting the same rights they currently have, including the ability to ignore others through money.
chai2

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:45 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

In the absence of money, mutual respect would've been necessary. This would've meant no social circles, or discriminations.
Business, mansions, careers, and having the same routine mean psychosis and violence.

To get rid of violence, and psychosis and depression, people stop expecting the same rights they currently have, including the ability to ignore others through money.

And how are you going to force people to abandon their social circles which are there for support of each other, assissting in a myriad of ways in times of need, and provide love, understanding, ties to other ways of getting help, physical support, etc etc?

Are you saying you have no social circles? People you can fall back on in times of need, or gather together to share successes?

Violence, psychosis and depression come from people having rights?

You pretty much have no idea how societies function, do you?

That's it, you're boring me.

Thomas33

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 07:39 pm
@chai2,
If two people have the same needs, why is one known as an American and the other as an Iranian?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 07:43 pm
@chai2,
I think I'm done here, too.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 05:01 am
@Pythagorean,
Lacto sensu debt is natural as soon as your born. What is not natural is eternal debt. That which you take you always give back. Be it it in entropy, be it in death, be it it in the homeostatic balance on the system that nurtures you.

...and yes I am deliberately avoiding the minor point the OP addresses here. It is missconfusing.
0 Replies