What is Your New Year's Resolution

Justin

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 09:16 pm
If you have a New Years Resolution and would like to share it with the members of this forum then please post it here.

Post a New Year's Resolution and feel free to respond to others. This thread may assist in us keeping our resolution and following through. It can also be used as a reminder for us and can be updated throughout the New Year. This could turn out to be a fun and productive thread.Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 635 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Justin

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 09:30 pm
@Justin,
Guess I should go first.

My resolution is rather simple yet has an array of things I desire to improve. I'm going to list them:
  1. To be a better Father to my Children and a better Husband to my Wife.
  2. To learn more how to love even those who are unlovely - including myself.
  3. To be a better webmaster.
  4. Manage my time more productively.
  5. Excercise and lift weights and live healthier... take more walks.
  6. Give more of myself to others.
  7. Make time to do the things I Love.
  8. Continue on the journey of divine truth.
  9. Find Peace and Love in all circumstances of life.
There are so many to list and it can really be summed up in two words, Spiritual Growth. That's my Resolution.
0 Replies

Refus

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 09:03 am
@Justin,
How about omega 3 and C-vitamin? cheap and safe, not to say necessary in large doses to experience health. Hardly contamined. Did you know the inventor of C-vitamin got older then a hundred years? Even though he started taking 1 gram a day when he was 80? That's what I heard.

I hope to be more social this year.
0 Replies

chad3006

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 06:19 pm
@Justin,
This isn't so much a new years resolution, but a life-changing event. My wife and I own and operate our own business (for about 10 years now.) The business took on a life of it's own and absorbed ours with it. While it provided us with a nice living, it sort-of sucked the souls out of us both. We put our building on the market and in a few months, we got a very nice offer. We are currently under contract to sell it. I've always been fiscally conservative (my wife says cheap), so we have very little debt outside of the real estate (I recommend that to anyone.)

Anyway, we now have the opportunity to get our souls back and we intend to do so. Our plans are to get "off the grid." We are begining to design a small, efficient, home. We'll implement rainwater collection (the numbers look good), solar and or wind power, and we'll tend a large garden. We've already been raising chickens for about two years now and plan to get some more livestock.

This is something we've planned for many years, but everything's finally coming together to make it a reality.

Oh yeah, I intend to continue my search for truth, peace, and enlightenment.
Justin

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:14 am
@chad3006,
chad3006 wrote:
This isn't so much a new years resolution, but a life-changing event. My wife and I own and operate our own business (for about 10 years now.) The business took on a life of it's own and absorbed ours with it. While it provided us with a nice living, it sort-of sucked the souls out of us both. We put our building on the market and in a few months, we got a very nice offer. We are currently under contract to sell it. I've always been fiscally conservative (my wife says cheap), so we have very little debt outside of the real estate (I recommend that to anyone.)
Life changing is a good description. Smile

At one time I had a business like the one you mentioned... Provided a nice living but hadn't filled the other voids. I too sold the business as you intend to. Good luck with the transition.
0 Replies