For the sake of variety: ABRUPT CHANGE COMING TO A2K

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 02:02 am
So, I nabbed a zero. Geez.

I do think tags are potentially very useful and that most of us don't get it, and that tags could help with integration.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 05:07 pm
I was going to say 42.....now I will just have to bite my lip and put up with the philisdodgical peoples.....tell them I am ready to debate and am doing warmups...."if a bear farts in the woods, does a fallen tree hear it "?

PS.....did anyone notice bobby cant spell angriest ?? He spelt it "angst" ....hahahhha...silly person.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 11:43 pm
Ok, after many many long hours merge is complete. We'll crash and burn but be back to answer questions and fix things that come up.

Please treat the new Philforum folks well a2k!~

Couple of notes that would be cool to get some help spreading the word about:

1) Username duplicates had " phil" appended to them. We are available to fix this any email duplicates we had to handle similarly.

2) We will be importing profile, private messages, friends, tags and other data as we can. We'll update shortly on that.

3) We will build groups, blogs and albums (roughly in that order) to replace the features lost in transition. Groups are closest to launch and if any of the previous group owners wants to be part of testing and developing our groups feature please contact me.

And as usual, if anyone has problems logging in please contact us (using the contact us link in footer) and we'll get to it ASAP (we are all volunteers so response time may vary).

Edit: another known issue is markup bugs (like post numbers in quotes) that we will fix up. Feel free to point out any bad bbcode to us and we'll work on code to fix the posts.
jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:27 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Ok, after many many long hours merge is complete. We'll crash and burn but be back to answer questions and fix things that come up.

Please treat the new Philforum folks well a2k!~

Couple of notes that would be cool to get some help spreading the word about:

1) Username duplicates had " phil" appended to them. We are available to fix this any email duplicates we had to handle similarly.

2) We will be importing profile, private messages, friends, tags and other data as we can. We'll update shortly on that.

3) We will build groups, blogs and albums (roughly in that order) to replace the features lost in transition. Groups are closest to launch and if any of the previous group owners wants to be part of testing and developing our groups feature please contact me.

And as usual, if anyone has problems logging in please contact us (using the contact us link in footer) and we'll get to it ASAP (we are all volunteers so response time may vary).

Edit: another known issue is markup bugs (like post numbers in quotes) that we will fix up. Feel free to point out any bad bbcode to us and we'll work on code to fix the posts.

Bumping this up.
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:28 am
@jespah,
Hmm, that reminds me how long ago I promised to sleep.
jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:47 am
@Robert Gentel,
Go to sleep, dolling. We'll still be here when you return.
dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:16 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Go to sleep, dolling. We'll still be here when you return.

Lol! Probably the last thing he wants to hear right now!
0 Replies

manored

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 01:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Hey, bring on those philosophy nerds--we're ready for 'em. WE THINK, THEREFORE WE ARE.
All are philosophers, there are merely those who admit it and those who do not... so dont call us nerds =)

Ceili wrote:

I love this number.

dyslexia wrote:

well, this is just stupid, now we loyal users of a2k have been subjected to changes that were unneeded and totally dysfunctional. we get no respect. Robert just likes to screw with things that work fine, no problems but **** we get changes whether we want or need them for what? Roberts' ego? Isn't he in Nepal anyway? he's not even an american, he probably speaks an alien language and eats strange food and thinks living in poverty is cool. well I for one am sick of it. Oh yeahI think he's antisemitic as well.
I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not, hope it is =)
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 01:39 pm
@manored,
Quote:

He is the prince of sarcasm around here. We have just as much trouble knowing when he's being or not being sarcastic -- he's THAT good at it!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 02:13 pm
@manored,
Quote:
I would have been delighted to answer your question in a direct, forthright and honest manor but I see it's already been answered by someone who obviously knows my intent better than I do.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 02:27 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
t's already been answered by someone who obviously knows my intent better than I do.

Not true. I said we have just as difficult a time in knowing when you are or are not being sarcastic. I did not answer as to what your intent was in that specific post. The field is still wide open for you to clarify if you choose to do so.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 02:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
I said we have just as difficult a time
just who are WE? a rather ambiguous term to be used on an internet forum with 1,000's of members.
0 Replies