It Can't Go On Forever

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 03:48 am
Things in Iraq go from bad to worse and we wonder if it will ever end. This columnist thinks it has to.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/04/opinion/04KRUG.html?pagewanted=print&position=

But how long, oh Lord, how long? Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,269 • Replies: 41
No top replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 05:49 am
"So many to kill ..... so little time!" George W. Bush? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 11:07 am
What are you worried about? George will put on a flight suit and scare the Iraqi's into submission. After all that is a scary sight. Evil or Very Mad

As for funding we can always get rid of those wasteful and unnecessary social drags upon the budget i.e. Social Security, Medicare, medicaid, food stamps and the like. After all they only fund the old and weak of our society. Who needs them. Sad

And stop worrying about our casualties. After all we did not draft them they volunteered. And you must not forget they are not drawn from our friends the wealthy and influential. Laughing
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 05:10 pm
Yeah, I guess we should all just relax and let George and the boys handle these pesky problems. Dick, Rummy, Ashpit, Karl, -- shoot, when we have people like them in charge we don't have to do anything -- except pay, and pay, and pay, and pay, and pay. Isn't that why they keep us around? Whether it's money or lives, we pay.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 05:19 pm
God is on our side.
So..."Don't Worry, Be Happy."
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 05:31 pm
Didn't our resident genius proclaim that the escalating terrorism in Iraq, some 25 to 30 attacks per day, up from 15 to 20 in September, is actually a good sign. “The more successful we are on the ground, the more these killers will react,” At the rate they are attacking and causing American casualties things are going as planned. You think??
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 05:43 am
Seven more dead troops and six more injured so far today as human sacrifices to friends of the Administration - with many more to follow!

One wonders if any of the 87 billion will be used to financially compensate the ever-growing numbers of families of their victims?
0 Replies

user

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 07:00 am
au1929 wrote:
Didn't our resident genius proclaim that the escalating terrorism in Iraq, some 25 to 30 attacks per day, up from 15 to 20 in September, is actually a good sign. “The more successful we are on the ground, the more these killers will react,” At the rate they are attacking and causing American casualties things are going as planned. You think??

Hehe yeah I saw that crap some days ago, too.
George really got probs thinking of good explanations...being successful makes them react very desperately? Laughing not my point there...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 07:34 am
About two weeks ago I got up in the middle of the night and wandered toward the bathroom. The lights there are on a dimmer and I set them very low, flipped up the seat and proceeded. It's at times like these that I do my best thinking. My brain, near sleep, speaks to me as if it is some older, wiser friend, and leaning on his elbow on the sinkside, it muses to me.

"I wonder" said he above the noise of falling water, "if any of them ever remember reading Br'er Rabbit and the Tarbaby."

I went back to bed, but the thought keeps coming back to me. It doesn't completely fit with reality, but parts of it do. I keep seeing Saddam and his minions saying to themselves for the the twelve years between the wars, "When they come again, we'll get them to throw us into the briarpatch. Then, they will have to come and get us there, and we were born and bred in the briarpatch. Born and bred in the briarpatch!"

Joe
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 02:06 pm
Nice anecdote Joe! Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:01 pm
Right now we're coping with a daughter home on leave who's kind of a mess. Loud, drunk, rough and frightened. I don't like her like this at all and I blame that asshole and his cronies in the white house for it. Damn them all to hell.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:02 pm
It's always easier to blame someone else...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:05 pm
You're right McGentrix. Of course, that is just YOUR opinion.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 03:21 pm
eoe:
This is the really hard part of being a parent. I'm sorry for the troubles that have descended upon your daughter. I hope for all good things to happen. Please know, Mcgentrix notwithstanding, that there are other people here who have children and loved ones in the line of fire and that we, the lucky bunch who don't, care deeply about you and your family.

regards
Joe Nation
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 04:07 pm
eoe -- Who can blame you for feeling that way? I assume that your daughter was not that way when she left home. So why does McGentrix seem to imply that you are to blame? That's crazy. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 05:28 pm
It takes all kinds to make the world. For some reason, there's a need for Mickey G's kind too.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 05:49 pm
Well, I know quite a few people who are in the reserves, went to Iraq and have come back and resumed there lives. THEY aren't running around drunkenly and disturbing anyone.

In fact, I would think that eoe's daughter would be the exception and not the norm which would rule out Bush being the cause of her daughters troubles. Not to say it eoe's fault either. Maybe it's the daughters fault. Just maybe she should take some responsibility for herself and her own actions.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 06:27 pm
Hmm. Must be some of that compassionate conservatism we've all been hearing about. eoe, you'll just have to wait till we have a Democrat in the White House, then McGentrix will join you in blaming him for whatever happens, till then we are on our own and no finger pointing at the Commander in Chief!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 07:02 pm
Bush is a **********. A liar, a thief, a cheat and an arsehole. Anyone who supports that worthless mass murdering piece of scum requires some heavy analysis.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 07:40 pm
McGentrix, it might be a good time to say nothing!
0 Replies