No hurry to find Saddam

pistoff

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:46 pm
Some think that finding Saddam and either putting him on trial or killing him would help with the subdueing of Iraq. Most likely, most in the West would like to see him be killed and forgoe a trial.

I suspect that the US Regime doesn't wish to find Saddam. I feel that the resistence to Western occupation would expand if Saddam were captured or killed. It is then that the Iraqies would even feel more free to pursue casting out the West.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 844 • Replies: 10
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:54 pm
I suspect OBL, Saddam, Cheney and other highly placed Halliburton execs get together for a strategy lunch once a week somewhere then send Dick back to give George his instructions.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:59 pm
$50 Million
$25Mill for Saddam and $25Mill for Osama. I feel that these rewards should be recended and put the money towards social programs in the USA.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 09:20 pm
Of course, either one would reveal the US's role in supporting either one should they be captured and tried.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 11:02 pm
Both had close ties with USA Govt.
It is strange how allies seem to turn up as enemies, isn't it?
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 05:54 am
How soon before the Administration discovers that Tony Blair is an enemy building W.M.D.s beneath his London address? After all, Britain is a country with many art treasures in need of 'liberation'. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 06:00 am
Batman never kills the Joker. Superman never kills Lex Luthor.

Superheroes (or those that would prtray themselves as such) need Supervillians. Otherwise it's the end of the series.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 08:10 am
Where is Superman when you need him. Making out with Lois Lane I suppose? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 12:37 pm
SealPoet wrote:
Batman never kills the Joker. Superman never kills Lex Luthor.

Superheroes (or those that would prtray themselves as such) need Supervillians. Otherwise it's the end of the series.

No, you see, after we run out of Commies, Nazis, and other generic villians we just start making imaginary enemies with imaginary weapons and imaginary terrorist connections. It works.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 03:58 pm
Reality Bites
"imaginary weapons"

If the enemies of the US get a hold of Bio, Chem, &/or Nuke type of weapons they won't be so imaginary. Rolling Eyes

Some feel that if the Israel/Palistine situation were sort of solved that this would halt the attacks on the West, specifically USA. I think not.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 09:51 am
pist:

I agree that it's not THE problem, but it may be PART of the problem, along with Bush's desire to restart a 'Cold War' and our appitite for Oil.
0 Replies