cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 09:26 pm
@djjd62,
Many old people work to keep active, and not because they need the money.
My younger brother always loved working whether out in the fields picking fruit when we were kids or working in his medical practice.
I was just the opposite; lazy to the bones when working on the farm, but loved my career as an Accountant. Retired early at 63, and enjoyed some world travel. Just returned from a two day trip to Yosemite National Park. Loved it!
roger

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 09:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, get out there and do something. Tote that barge; lift that bale.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:02 pm
@roger,
Yea. Wouldn't mind some river cruising. Wink
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 01:24 am
I think there are a lot of interesting old people, old people who can work and do more than just hang around.
Even in a wheal chair you can be of interest for others as long as your mind is not getting old.
My cousin, whom we thought were close to die, survived, but ended up in a whealchair.
In the nursinghome where he has to live, the nurses noticed that the ladies started to go to the hairdresser more often and dress better after he arrived.
Around me live several couples who travel all the time. When I ask how the trip was the answer is so boring, that I really could not care less. It was or was not raining, an upset stomach etc.
People who travel less usually can tell more about the trip. People who hardly travel at all often call tell or talk about things interesing or making boring things interesting.
One of my neighbors is going nowhere. She take care of her dement husband and she always has something interesting to tell.
Another one has been on a cruise and one trip to Greece within the last six weeks and all she can talk about is weather and food. She travels all the time.
0 Replies

vishal1

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:31 am
Old people also need money,too.
0 Replies

vishal1

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 12:22 am
Old people also need money, too
depends on its economical condition,so they work in this Age.
0 Replies

vishal1

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 10:43 pm
old people also need money.
ascribbler

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 11:16 pm
@vishal1,
Good point visha, deserving of repetition.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times that in planning for old age , look after the paise and the rupee will look after themselves.
0 Replies

Anthon897

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 12:24 am
@Linkat,
It is quite painful to see old people working at this point when they should be resting. Yes, they are horribly slow but it's not their fault either, at a time when it should be their children and grandchildren taking care of them, they are left alone to deal with this fast and impatient world on their own.
0 Replies