A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

hamburgboy

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 08:47 pm
@jcboy,
just back from a brisk walk in rather brisk air - it's going to be only 6 C tonight .

( in german this cool period in may is called " die eisheiligen " =
- translated - The Ice Saints is the name given to St. Mamertus, St. Pancras, and St. Servatius in Flemish, French, Dutch, Hungarian, German, Austrian, Polish, Swiss and Croatian folklore ) .

will shortly make myself a nice fruitplate with a mango , a pear , two kiwis and topped with prunes and almonds Wink Shocked Laughing )
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 11:20 pm
@hamburgboy,
No "Eisheilige" here in the Picardie. Going for breakfast now, then driving to 'castle b&b' in Normandy.

07:20 in Saint-Quimper.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 11:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Normandy, I've long been interested, not so much re the war, but the place itself.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 11:58 pm
@ossobuco,
3.30pm Thursday afternoon in Adelaide. Down to 4 degrees this morning but many places inland were below zero. Winter still 2 weeks away!

Would love to be in Normandy with you Walter and visit the war zones, lost several uncles there during the heavy fighting.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 08:35 am
@ossobuco,
I've been a couple of times - but never really visited those 'war zones'. (And never lokked at the Bayeux Tapestry - though I wrote a thesis about it.)

Staying now very close to all those sites in an old manoir ...
http://i46.tinypic.com/243rhqb.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 02:24 am
6:22 pm, Sunday, 20th May .... EST, Oz ....

I'm pooped.
Would you believe from washing, then chopping up an endless number of different vegetable for a jumbo pot of soup?
(A favourite old recipe from Anna Thomas. Guillermina's Lentil Soup ... pp 301, From Anna's Kitchen, 1996, Penguin books)
I'd forgotten how time consuming the preparation was & how many different ingredients were involved! Until it was too late!
I now have a huge vat of soup sitting on my stove top.
I'm going to have to give quite a bit of it away. Otherwise I'll be eating Guillermina's soup for 3 weeks solid!

While chopping, frying & boiling, etc, I listened to some old music I haven't played for a long time.
A wee bit too much nostalgia, I'm sorry to say.
Sigh.
I do not recommend early Leonard Cohen if you want to remain chirpy while chopping up a ton of vegetables on a grey, overcast almost-winter Sunday!
No, siree!
You'll be sorry. Sad

dlowan

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 02:50 am
@msolga,
Sorry in a GOOD way?

You've been a wee tad nostalgic of late Msolga.

6.16 pm on Sunday night here. Back from a film (ThevDictator.....meh+) and teanch (like brunch only it occurs between lunch and tea) and having a wee lie down.

Too full for any of the lentil, pumpkin and sweet potato stew I made last night. Added some instant miso soup as flavouring...mmmmmmmmm...

Have some food in the house again, and a new sponge mop. Bracing for Monday morning. At least Downton Abbey series three is on tonight! Reading several books in turns.....

msolga

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 02:55 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Sorry in a GOOD way?

No.
Sorry in a not-good way!
<sniff>

Quote:
Bracing for Monday morning.

Early morning travel again, Deb?

Dutchy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:12 am
@msolga,
Lovely day in Adelaide msolga. Friends called in and took us to Caffe Buongiorno at OHalloran Hill where we sat outside in the sun and enjoyed our cappucinnos with home made Italian cakes. I felt good and enjoyed my outing. Now siting in front of a cosy fire as the evening is pretty nippy.
dlowan

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:13 am
@msolga,
No....that's Tuesday. Errrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh.

Last trip of this lot, though I have been asked to run training in a couple of other country centers.

I am thinking of walking to work on Monday morning. Been a while since I did it. But I have three new clients on Monday. Newies take a bit out of you. Then a very long day Tuesday and I have to work part of Wednesday which I am supposed to take off in lieu of the 17 hour day on Tuesday.
msolga

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:18 am
@Dutchy,
Sounds like a good Sunday, Danny!
And it also sounds like you're well on & truly on the improve!
I do hope so. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:21 am
@dlowan,
They're over-working you, Deb.
Yeah, I know the reasons why, but all the same .... you know!

I hope you do manage that Monday walk.
You used to love doing that!
Though it might feel a bit different in almost-winter!
dlowan

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:27 am
@msolga,
I much prefer walking in cold weather!
msolga

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:36 am
@dlowan,
Oh good!
Hope it happens tomorrow, then! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:47 am
7:45 pm ...

Just had a big bowl of Gillermina's soup ... with some buttered wholemeal toast.

mmm .... very good!

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 08:45 am
Sunday 10:45 a.m.
middle of a long weekend
Toronto

back from an early morning wander at the offleash with two increasingly geriatric dogs - they're happy but the girldog is really really aging Sad

we stopped at Mickey d's to pick up pancakes/sausage/tea/coffee for a pre-w.a.l.k breakfast

nice to be out in the sun and breeze before the heat and smog kick in
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 01:34 pm
21:35 in Normandy. Packing our stuff, leaving Europe tomorrow morning by ferry ... to England.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's 5:39PM, and we're in Bryce Canyon. Spectacular views of rock formations that took thousands - millions of years to form. We're leaving tomorrow morning for Zion followed by Lake Powell. Great tour thus far.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:13 pm
11:15 am, Monday 21st of May, Melbourne ...

Fingers on my keyboard slowly defrosting. Brrr, a cold night, that was.

But, the good news is:
http://www.abc.net.au/weather/icons/77x70/sunny.png
Hooray!
A top of 17 C degrees today, according to the weather bureau.
... the sunshine has just reached the decking outside my window. My cat is happily sleeping in a sunny spot.
Gotta get out there soon!
A perfect window washing day (yes, I'm still at it!). Also a great day for drying the washing on the clothesline ... oh & a bit of weeding, too ....
I'm off!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:40 pm
@msolga,
It's now 7:40PM at Bryce Canyon, and we saw a full eclipse of the sun. It was awesome!