A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

msolga

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 07:11 pm
@Dutchy,
Good morning, Dutchy.
It's great to see you here! Smile
It's cold here, too.
Ah well ....

Quote:
Being Mother's Day I'm taking my wife out for lunch at a seaside restaurant. Will be my first outing since my illness, she is driving and I'm paying the bill. Smile

That sounds like a fair swap to me.
Your first outing? Sounds like you're on the up & up!
Excellent to hear.
Enjoy the fish!
Happy Mothers Day, Mrs D. Smile

11:06 am ....

After receiving your & Deb's compliments perhaps I'd better get actually stuck into some work soon, hey?
Been sitting at this computer for a couple of hours now, just talking about it. Razz
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 07:12 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Kudos to you msolga you're doing well.

Cold overcast Sunday morning here in Adelaide. Being Mother's Day I'm taking my wife out for lunch at a seaside restaurant. Will be my first outing since my illness, she is driving and I'm paying the bill. Smile

Great! Could it be Star of Greece?
Dutchy

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 07:23 pm
@dlowan,
Thank you Ossobuco and msolga, Mrs D. deserves it after nursing me the last few weeks.

Not the Star of Greece Deb, but a restaurant at the end of the Glenelg marina. I can't remember the name but it is very popular.
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 10:58 pm
@Dutchy,
dutchy , i'm sure you and mrs. d enjoyed a great lunch .
hope your recovery proceeds nicely .
here it's way past midnight and time to put up the hammock .
just enjoying a benedictine after " a hard day's work " ! Wink Drunk
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 11:00 pm
7 o'clock - leaving home for the duty at the polling station (state elections here)
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 11:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
vote early and vote often !
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 07:08 am
@hamburgboy,
hbg, We visited the Crazy Horse Monument yesturday, and learned from the daughter ofan author of Native American History that many Germans visit this area of the US. There are many Germans who practice Indian dancing in full Indian regalia. This is the first time I learned about this history.
hamburgboy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
indian festivals have become VERY popular in germany - starting in the 6o's .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YQ-u7llPss

and we can thank KARL MAY for the popularity :

Quote:
Karl Friedrich May ( /ˈmaɪ/ MY; 25 February 1842 – 30 March 1912) was a popular German writer, noted mainly for adventure novels set in the American Old West, (best known for the characters of Winnetou and Old Shatterhand) and similar books set in the Orient and Middle East (with Kara Ben Nemsi and Hadschi Halef Omar). In addition, he wrote stories set in his native Germany, in China and in South America. May also has written poetry and a play, and composed music; he also was proficient player of several musical instruments. Many of his works were filmed, adapted for the stage, turned into audio dramas or into comics. A highly imaginative and fanciful writer, May never visited the exotic places featured in his stories until late in life, when the clash between fiction and reality led to a complete change in his work.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:25 pm
It's almost 8:30 pm here and I had the best Mother's Day of all today -
I felt so pampered and spoiled, I certainly was the queen of the day Laughing
probably gained 5 lbs. in the course of pampering too, but it was so worth it.
I've grown about 2 feet today with all the ego stroking I got!!
Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:32 pm
@CalamityJane,
1pm. Monday afternoon here. Pleased to read you had a great Mother's Day CL, you certainly deserve it. I took Mrs.D out for a lovely lunch to a seaside restaurant, my first outing after my illness and all went wondeful well. Improving day by day.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:43 pm
@Dutchy,
That's so good to hear, Dutchy! We expect a full recovery and then no more hanky panky with the hospital staff for another 30 years or so...

We also went to a nice seaside restaurant for lunch.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 11:21 pm
It's 1:19 AM EST. I am thinking of how it is 6:19 AM in London. I concentrate on London because I sent a piece to Granta and I am waiting to hear from them. It is also less than a week until I turn 65. What a thought.
dlowan

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 01:05 am
@plainoldme,
Happy birthday for the day!

It's 4.30pm Monday here. Just come in from dentist where I was supposed to have tooth extraction.

I wussed out. Never done that before. They have stopped offering any inhalant sedation. I sailed through last extraction with just a bit of that.now I have to go to a bloody oral surgeon. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I was shaking so much thought I'd bite her hand off.

Being comforted by cats who admire me no matter how neurotic I am.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 09:12 pm
05:12 Got up early, since we'll start for our holidays in an hour or so (a couple of days France first, then on Monday to England) )

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 10:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's now 9:55pm, and our tour group is getting our accommodations at the Holiday Inn at the west gate to Yellowstone National Park. We drove through the northern part of the park from Sheridan, and will see most of the park tomorrow.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 03:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Let me know when you're in my neck of the woods.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 03:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
and will see most of the park tomorrow
your ass ci. Unless you are gonna be going 65 mph. The damn park is big as Connecticut . ALst time I was there I barely got through some old "ghost" settlements that we were trying to photo.
You should be getting to see some remnants of the snows in the backwoods areas and meadows.

PS, its 5:30AM EDT here in lovely downtown Dutch Country
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:21 am
@farmerman,
Yeah I too was shocked when I visted Jellystone just how big it is and how long it took to drink it in. I planned 2 days for it and that was about right for me (photographer) with a non-photo person in tow.

It's 12:22 pm in almost-ready-to-rain-and-quite-steamy Sarasota, FL
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 08:18 pm
@Ragman,
It's now 8:15pm, and today was another fantastic day of touring Yellowstone National Park. We watched Old Faithful give a good show, and we had dinner at a restaurant on the property.
jcboy

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 08:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's 10:19 PM, we got home a little late tonight, drove home from Clearwater after having dinner with friends. This is late for me, I'm uaually in bed way before ten.