A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 01:42 am
@msolga,
You make yourself sound like a little furry woodland creature!

I could use you on MY nest!
msolga

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 01:45 am
@dlowan,
Ha.
And I'm hoarding lotsa nuts for winter eating, too! Smile Wink

http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312800/images/chipmunk.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3zT1yjxLOr49_wASjiMI0CV69wXzJ-YfYVTPI2jsN1hJvlzP1Mw

How are you, Deb?
Haven't seen much of your here over the past few days.
dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 02:51 am
@msolga,
Busy. Been busy. Need to do some work tonight and all.

Cats are licking the saucepan I used for my chicken with black beans and vegetables with black quinoa.

They seem to like it. Still, what DON'T they like?
msolga

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 02:57 am
@dlowan,
I hope that's not a lot you have to do tonight.
A bit of a bugger on a Monday night!

Quote:
what DON'T they like?

I'll bet you they wouldn't like tripe!
I mean, no person or beast does!
dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 04:56 am
@msolga,
If I could bear to have it in the house, you'd be on. My mother used to try to get me to eat tripe by telling me it was chicken. As IF!

I need to work tonight because I didn't do it today. Mea culpa.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 05:19 am
@msolga,
Quote:
I'll bet you they wouldn't like tripe!
I mean, no person or beast does!

You never met my grandmother. She had a recipe for tripe and from what I could tell she liked it, me, I wasn't as happy with it; but, it was better than the charcoal cookies my mother would bake. One thing she didn't care for at all was rutabagas. Her incomplete semi-autobiography was titled 'No More Rutabagas'.

She also had a recipe for something which included '1 half of a broken cup' of some ingredient. At some point the cup broke entirely and she was unable to duplicate the recipe to her liking again. That aside, if you have a copy of a particular neighborhood recipe book, there it is listed, complete with the half of a broken cup instruction. I occasionally have wondered if people went about and broke cups to follow that recipe (in the Village anything is possible). Personally, I think she should have given her recipe for beef tongue.

Anyway, Monday morning the sound of a bird or 2 chirping in the yards, and annoyingly overcast right now. Not doing much of anything.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 07:16 am
It's a wonder you two survived childhood, being forced to eat that atrocious stuff! Smile

I hope you're not still working, Deb.

11:15 pm, Monday ....

Feeling a bit melancholy.
Thinking about lost friends, lost contacts who mattered ....
Ah well.
Big sigh.
OK, back to the big clean-up.
I've decided to keep going till midnight, then I'll stop.
Gotta get up in the morning.

What's everyone else doing?

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 07:27 am
@msolga,
Reading in bed.

Couldn't do the work because I didn't have the template I wanted to change here.

Problem is, I dont think I have it anywhere....I think I have lost the USB stick I had it on....so, I have set my alarm for five because I may have to do it from pretty much scratch.

NOT good news!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 07:28 am
@msolga,
Reading in bed.

Couldn't do the work because I didn't have the template I wanted to change here.

Problem is, I dont think I have it anywhere....I think I have lost the USB stick I had it on....so, I have set my alarm for five because I may have to do it from pretty much scratch.

NOT good news!

Sorry you are feeling melancholy....
Thomas

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 07:31 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Reading in bed.

Good for you. What a nice way to spend this beautiful spring morning!

Sitting at the computer, procrastinating about a tedious piece of computer programming ahead of me.
dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 07:46 am
@Thomas,
So you hit today, yesterday man, just as Msolga and I are about to hit tomorrow.
Thomas

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 08:11 am
@dlowan,
That's correct, Futurewoman!
dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 08:13 am
@Thomas,
Well, to Msolga I am yesterday woman. She hit tomorrow thirteen minutes ago!
msolga

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 08:16 am
@dlowan,
14 minutes ago. Wink
12:14 am Tuesday 8th May ...

Gotta crash.
Very weary.

Night Deb.
Night Thomas.
Night Sturgis.
Night all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 10:04 am
noon oh three
Monday

trying to make it through the day at work after four days of belly dance workshops (and a ferocious conference closing party)

need to find food
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 10:20 am
@ehBeth,
0618 hrs 7 May 12

Having my second cuppa and trying to wake up. Looks like a nice day shaping up. But 'round these parts this time of year unexpected rain squalls are always a possibility, even with the sky a baby blue just moments earlier.
Izzie

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 12:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
19:24 S.W. England

Raining and windy outside, been togging bleeding hearts when it was sunny, just finished hoovering...dinner's in 't oven, 2 snorey dawgs, 2 cuddling kitties

settling down for the evening! Very Happy
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 12:36 pm
@Izzie,
2:28 EDT in SC Pa(USA). Having a late lunch. HAve been driving an RV home for the last 5 hours so Im a bit frazzled from the I 70 idiots. Its a nice gentle rain and my tomatoes look like they arent growing until they can be assured of constant temps over 60Degrees F. Its a might chilly Id say.

Dogs and cats have ignored us for leaving for the weekend and leving them with the "Terror BIrd" house sitter. She's a grad student who is in an ag/vet program atU P and is totally into dominating plants animals. I think her research is full of **** (she believes all this Turing AI crap) but my wife thinks shes great so, who the hell am I ? Im the chopped liver man .
hamburgboy

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 08:34 pm
@farmerman,
10:30 pm in eastern ontario .
just finished a plate of fruit : kiwis , a pear , an ataulfo mango - all topped with prunes - a real feast .
going to the in-house gym to spend some time on the cross-trainer .
it was a nice and sunny day , but it'll be rainy and cooler for the next few days - the rain is badly needed .
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 03:31 am
It’s 5:28 am in Florida, got up early this morning, already back from the gym. I have to show up for Jury Duty at 8:15 this morning.
0 Replies