A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

engineer

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 04:08 am
6:07 pm in Shanghai. Enough of work, time for dinner and ice cream.
dlowan

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 04:28 am
@engineer,
Ice cream! Msolga WILL be happy!
engineer

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 05:10 am
@dlowan,
If Msolga is happy, I am! The ice cream was good as well.
msolga

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 05:54 am
@engineer,
Oh good!
We're both happy then. Smile

How are you finding Shanghai, engineer?

engineer

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 06:03 am
@msolga,
Very Big, Very New, Very Urban, fancy shopping malls, expensive restarants, German cars, US fast food. Not a lot of whatever Shanghai was 30 years left over in the part of town I'm in. I owe you my take on India but I'm so conflicted as to what to write that I'm putting it off.
msolga

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 06:16 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Very Big, Very New, Very Urban, fancy shopping malls, expensive restarants, German cars, US fast food.

Gosh. Not at all what I was expecting to hear!
Sounds very up-market & ritzy!
There go my romantic illusions of old Shanghai ...
I would be interested in your take on India ... but wait till you have the time & inclination.
It sounds like you have a very busy schedule!
How long before you return home?
engineer

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 06:26 am
@msolga,
3 more days! Of course I will miss being in a time zone near the Australian A2K users but I'll just have to get over that.
dlowan

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 06:43 am
@engineer,
We understand.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:04 am
@engineer,
Ha.
I'm sure, if you're really, really strong, you'll manage it. Wink
Quote:
3 more days!

You're counting the minutes aren't you? Smile

msolga

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:24 am
11:25 pm, Tuesday 8th May ...

I just received a birthday email from some friends. Which was very nice of them, but it's not my birthday. Nowhere near it. Should I set them straight or just stay mum? That's the question. Don't wanna make them feel silly. Smile

Another book-sorting day at the Book Room today. As I may have mentioned before, it's quite tiring work. And huge crates of books keep coming! We clear 2 & another 4 crates turn up. Who knew there were so many books in Melbourne!
Still, the company's fun. We laugh & joke a lot, so the time passes pretty quickly.
We (Phil, David & I) bought a ticket in Tatts today. Apparently the 1st prize is something like $70 million! Or so Phil said. We are going to split our winnings 3 ways & all retire to a life of comfort. We figure we deserve it.
I should check to see whether we were successful or not (the draw was around 9 pm tonight) , but never having won anything, ever, I'm in no hurry.

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:58 am
@msolga,
Good luck.....and Happy Non-Birthday!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 08:02 am
@dlowan,
It's 8am in denver, and we're now going down for breakfast.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 10:36 am
noon:33
Tuesday
Toronto

just finished lunch that Nelson made and shared with me - some kind of very spicy rice and south-Asian veggie thing with minced beef and curried basa - tasty

work system "intermittent slowdowns" are not keeping me smiley

music from the conference closing party is still echoing in my head - this has gone well beyond the earworm category
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 11:21 am
Just woke up from a surprise nap. (One of those that you don't realize has occurred until you wake up from it.) It's been a thousand-cuts stretch, nothing big but the small things keep accruing and today is the first day in a while I've been able to exhale. When I looked at my list and saw that I could get everything done and actually have some time left over. So I guess my body took over and said "you have time, I'm making sure you use it for what you really need." Or something.

Happy unbirthday Ms.O!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 11:27 am
1:26 p.m. EST (Exotic Scenes in Toronto)

Time to air out the little dogs. If i'm lucky, i can lose them.
sozobe

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 11:28 am
@Setanta,
Whooops, forgot the time. It was 1:21 PM EST at the time.

What have the little dogs ever done to you, Set? Smile
Setanta

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 11:29 am
@sozobe,
I keep hopin' i can sell 'em to the travelin' gypsies.
jcboy

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 11:59 am
@Setanta,
It’s 1:56 PM in Florida and I just got home from Jury Duty. Spent the entire day there and wasn’t chosen. It was a domestic violence case, husband accused of beating his wife and two small children. Glad I got out of that one.
Setanta

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 12:28 pm
@jcboy,
Good for you--that would have been ugly.
jcboy

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 12:42 pm
@Setanta,
Yes it would have, they actually had to call in several more potential jurors because most of the women and some of the men were wanting out. The kids were two and three years old.

If I were on the jury I probably would have hanged the guy!