A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

adustu

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 09:36 am
@msolga,
23:34 Shenzhen,
about to make the night rounds, then brush my teeth and shower briefly and go to bed.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 03:58 am
5:58 AM in St. Pete, just got home from the gym, time to get ready for work, too bad its not Friday
0 Replies

adustu

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 08:50 am
22:49, jogged outside, browsed the web, about to go to bed.
jcboy

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:36 pm
@adustu,
It's 9:35 PM in St. Pete, time for me to get to bed, have to get up at 5am, night Wink
Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:42 pm
@jcboy,
quarter to 9 pm.

on the prairie.

after finishing up my truck repairs and repairing the mower tire, I mowed the chicken coop, and the rest of my side yard that did not get mowed when I cut the tire.

popped 2 potatoes in the toaster oven, and Ima head outside to cut down some more rogue elm trees by spotlight...

with the big axe.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:51 pm
@Rockhead,
9:50 p.m. Toronto
back from a hectic round of errands + a great catch up with a dance idol and friend
spoke to hamburgboy on the phone when I got home
eating a weird combo of food, mostly because it's not unhealthy and it was fast
need to get a normal amount of sleep tonight
panzade

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 09:02 pm
@ehBeth,
nighty night you sweet thang
dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 09:30 pm
@panzade,
1.58pm on Wednesday. Home recovering from a pain relieving procedure. Have to walk into the city soon for an appointment.

Happy to not be at work!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 10:33 pm
Sunday, April Fools Day, 2:32 pm

It's a lovely autumn day here.
Just taking a wee break from my backyard pruning activities.
My, how trees & shrubs can grow (like mad!) in such a short time! Surprised
Luckily for me, my friend C popped in .... & was happy climb the Big Ladder to prune the very top scraggly bits from my mandarin tree.
I'm a wuss about heights. She isn't.
About to take a stroll down to the shops in a minute. I have a yoghurt craving!
Then back to pruning.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 01:18 am
3:16 a.m. on Sunday on April 1, 2012. I'm working. Also doing a lot of muttering. Some people shouldn't write books. The author of this one is one of them.
msolga

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 01:33 am
@Roberta,
My commiserations, Roberta.
You poor thing.
I guess you're basically re-writing a very crappy book to make it half-acceptable?
You should get a lotta $$$$ if you can pull this off!
That's what I think.
Roberta

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 03:25 am
@msolga,
Not rewriting, olga. Rewriting (developmental editing) is not what I was hired for and not what I'm doing. I'm fixing blatant mistakes--subject verb agreement (don't ask), missing commas (also don't ask), misuse of prepositions (still don't ask), and the occasional screwy mistake. I'm making the language a little clearer and trying to figure out what level the heads are.

These are not uncommon problems. The book shouldn't be published because the whole thing could be a magazine article. The rest is filler.

Ooops. Kvetching on the time zone thread. I'm incorrigible. Sorry. Embarrassed Return to time zones and pretend I wasn't here.
farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 04:14 am
@Roberta,
Well its 6AM and Ive been up since about 4AM EDT. Im doing the midnite to 6 shift to feed our new little bottle lambs. We have only 6 this year because the winter was less harsh and the mothers didnt go into retention.
The bottle lambs have no class, they will bust right through anything to get a bottle of milk and be covered with it when they are done. These bottle nipples are too big for the lambs, they run like spigots.
farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 04:18 am
@Roberta,
Is this a novel or a non-fiction your working on ? I get a kick out of hearing your "Peons of praises" mistakes. As a major member of Malaprop MEn of Manheim I celebrate and strongly urge the contiued use of bad prose (Im sorta the Om SIg Dave of malapropity)
msolga

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 04:25 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Not rewriting, olga.

Sorry, Boida.
But it sounds rather like it to me. To a point, anyway.
Making really crappy writing appear sort of acceptable.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 04:41 am
@farmerman,
FM, I found ice flow in this one. Sigh. Not the worst, but not right. I've never worked on fiction. This is a business book.

Olga, I'm telling you. Not even close to a rewrite. Fixing mistakes is not a rewrite. I haven't done a rewrite in ages. Not a lot of publishers that I know of do them anymore. Maybe schoolbooks. But not this stuff.

Hey time zone people. Resume zoning the time.
msolga

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 04:44 am
@Roberta,
OK, possum.

Not a rewrite, but an excruciating fixing-up if mistakes exercise.

Either way, you have my utmost sympathy.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 04:51 am
@msolga,
Good lord you work and have some other worries and forget, shall I send a text to my fiance? Like I've gone out, or something as it's April's fools? No that would be so mean.

I'm liking talking here, it's nice... No April Fools.... Smile
msolga

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 04:58 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Yup.
I don't believe April Fools Day should interfere with our normal relations with our nearests & dearests, FS. Wink
jcboy

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 06:00 am
@msolga,
It’s 7:58 AM in St. Pete. We just finished breakfast. I was thinking it would be nice to get the bikes out of the garage and go on a nice long bike ride but I don’t think Antonio could keep up.
0 Replies