A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 02:07 pm
@jcboy,
Your harassment of co-workers is poor judgement on your part. You cannot motivate workers through harassment. You need to learn leadership skills.
jcboy

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 02:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,

The women keep throwing candy canes at me Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 02:19 pm
@jcboy,
Like I said, you need to learn leadership skills.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 10:34 pm
3:28 pm Friday, 23rd December, Melbourne, Oz :

Just go home.
Today was Christmas break-up day at the place where I've been volunteering.
So we all logged off our computers at 12 noon & headed outside for the barbecue, for both regular & volunteer staff.

Sausages, hamburgers, very spicy minced chicken ball thingies , plus lots of salads etc ....
THEN one of the staff produced the biggest slab of Tiramisu I have ever seen in my whole life! (She'd made it herself.) .... and proceeded to serve huge slabs of it to everyone. I honestly have to say it was absolutely mind-bogglingly, out-of-this-world delicious ...... but the quantity! Momma mia!

Somehow I got myself to my car after that, & headed off.
A quick stop at the shops (much too hot to dilly dally), then home at last, throwing off my sticky clothes the minute I'd shut the front door.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Cool again! Smile

No dinner for me tonight. I think I've just eaten about 3 day's worth.

-
hamburgboy

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 10:52 pm
@msolga,
here it's still the 22 december - for another 10 minutes !
time to close up shop - have a nightcup and relax .
ta-ta from ontario - where it is still mild - just around freezing mark .
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 10:57 pm
@msolga,
6:55 p.m. Thursday, the 22d. Seasonably mild here in Hawaii. Temp. around 70 degrees F. But there's ice and snow atop Mauna Kea and they've closed the auto road to the summit.
dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 11:31 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
4.00 pm friday 23rd here.

Just considering sneaking out of work.

msolga

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 11:41 pm
@dlowan,
Aw, go on, Deb .....
Do it! Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 11:43 pm
@dlowan,
Why not rabbit, it's a hot day, you deserve a drink.
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:38 am
@Dutchy,
I'm home.

Had to say goodbye to a great colleague I worked with for sixteen years in my last job and a year in this. She wanted to stay and we really wanted her to, but government idiocy meant she had to return to her substantive position becausebitbwas being disappeared, while our management couldn't get it together to be ready to advertise her contract job with us permanently.

So we have lost the best manager and clinical psychologist supervisor we are ever likely to see.

The place has been awash with weeping fledgeling psychologists for weeks!

I was in tears when I said goodbye, though our view is that I'll be finding us our next place to work in due course....as I worked in both places before she came.

I say it's her turn to find the job!
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:40 am
@dlowan,
Time to get the woollies their Christmas iPad games!

I got a screen protector today.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 12:47 am
@msolga,
You're on hols!

You're contract though?

I do hope you have enough in your wallet for some fun!

I'd love to know where you're volunteering, if you want to say.

I had enough at morning tea to last the day. Walked up to the Post Office at lunchtime to send a fax, and had a great browse in the shops. I work in north adelaide, which is kind of ritzy and has lots of good cafes and shops, but I never normally get in amongst it....too busy.

I keep meaning to do my evening walk there, but I think it's going to be too hot at the time I leave work for the summer.
msolga

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 01:03 am
@dlowan,
No, casual teaching work has dried up for this year, Deb. (Victorian public schools closed for the year yesterday.)

At this point in time I am not what I'd call abundantly wealthy Wink , but I'll get by.

I'm volunteering (3 days per week) with the Brotherhood of St Laurence. (advocacy group/not-for-profit organization. Used to be "religious", but not any more. Good people.)

They thought I'd be best suited to their Book Group .... sales of second-hand books online.:

http://www.brotherhoodbooks.org.au/

Looks pretty straight-forward, but there's a heck of a lot that needs to be done before books appear on their site. I'm one of heaps of volunteers there. All good people. I'm enjoying it.

Is it possible to do the morning walk to work, Deb, & take public transport home at night (when it's really hot)?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 02:35 am
@msolga,
8.33am 23rd, just drinking coffee, and I'm about to take the kids to the dentist. What a Christmas treat.
Dutchy

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 02:37 am
@izzythepush,
7pm downunder and a warm night, sitting outside on the patio sipping a cold beer and eating fresh prawns.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 07:48 am
@msolga,
Ah! I have great respect for the Brotherhood. Didn't know they'd gone secular.

What an interesting volunteer activity.

Yes, I do that sometimes....difficult to motivate myself to get up early enough. And it's said this summer will be a scorcher.
msolga

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 07:48 pm
@dlowan,
Yeah, the Brotherhood makes a big thing these days, about declaring its self an advocacy organization (for the very poorest in the community) rather than the primarily religious organization it used to be. Not that it didn't do great work before, though ....

12: 46 pm, Christmas Eve .... Saturday, Melbourne, Oz:

OK, I am girding my loins (& my lions! ... Sorry I know that's a really poor attempt at humour ... it's the heat & the festering season combined, which made me do it. Embarrassed Razz )

But I am going to have to endure one last foray in the shops, for one last Christmas present.

Yeah, I know, I know .... <sigh>

Why did I leave this so late?

Why can't be better organized, like everyone else, you ask, sensibly?

Good questions .....
But I don't have any responses which adequately fill the bill.

So I'll just whine & carry on about it. Makes me feel so much better! Very Happy

I shall return.
I hope!!!!!!!!
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 07:58 pm
@msolga,
Good luck!
msolga

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 07:59 pm
@dlowan,
Thank you, thank you, Deb!

I might need it!
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 08:00 pm
8:58 EST - Washington, DC.

Dogsitting, drinking wine, and looking at bicycle parts.

A
R
T