A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

mm25075

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 12:19 pm
11:00 AM Arizona time (pacific standard)

msolga here's my report Smile : The Queen Magikistan told me it was time to sleep and as is the proper protocol I made sure the Queen was comfortable upon her bed pillow while I climbed under the covers. I was joined by Fuzzy kitty who decided to make a small nest of the top sheet. Henry the guard cat took up his position along the edge of the bed to create a barrier which cleverly results in preventing me from getting out of bed. Sugar kneaded the comforter at the foot of the bed, to be sure it would be sufficient for the Queen and her entourage to rest comfotably. The Wiley cat slunk into the room while loudly announcing her presence and desire for her nightly space in the crook of my legs. Who am I to defy the herd's nightly stampede? Hehe.

Ok, now onto now.......

Have my morning coffee, reading online news and such. Not looking forward to the house cleaning I have to do. Procrasinating by downloading add on's for WoW.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 12:38 pm
1:30 p.m. here in sunny Tulsa, Oklahoma. Just got back from the nursery. Bought lots of dark red begonias to plant under the azaleas in the front yard. Plus all the stuff necessary to redo the four wrought iron planters: moss liners, potting soil, time-release fertilizer, light green and dark purple sweet potato vines, and multicolored impatiens. Also bought a few herbs for the English garden...mostly basil and rosemary, our faves. Plus grass seed, mulch, and assorted fertilizers. All in all, a little over $400 total. Whew! I'd forgotten how much gardening costs! Dang stuff better grow!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 12:47 pm
11:45 am in (now) sunny San Diego, California.
Got some 40 minutes of exercise in while chatting with the neighbors
and I am still waiting for the electrician Evil or Very Mad

Two earthquakes 4.8/4.9 rattled through the area about 30 minutes ago -
just another average day in paradise.

I'll do some gardening/pruning in a while...
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 01:30 pm
12:30 PM in Sunny San Francisco - a bit cooler than upper San Diego, but with greater compensating variety and contrast. I'm just back from a fairly busy and overscheduled buisiness trip to Washington (too many meeting & meals and too little physical activity) and just finished sleeping off the effects of the three hour time shift.

After a couple more cups of coffee I'll go to the gym and then take everyone to a nice spot for dinner in the Napa valley.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 01:37 pm
12:38 pm - the electrician is finally here!!!
georgeob1

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 02:23 pm
@CalamityJane,
And I'm running out of excuses ! Time to go to the gym.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:06 pm
9:05 am, Sunday 23rd May, Melbourne Oz

Good morning, everyone. I over-slept. Just made a pot of tea, (Twinings Simply Tea). My crazy cat is doing relay races outside, back & forth the outside decking. Apart from that, no sound but some loud, yattering birds in my neighbourhood. (A fight over the "ownership" of one of my bottle brush bushes is going on.) Gotta have a cup of tea now.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:10 pm
@msolga,
Good morning to ya Lady Olga. It's 19:08 [Saturday] here in Gotham City and I just finished catching up on last week's episode of Lost in order to prepare myself for the Lost finale this Sunday evening.

How's the weather down under?
msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
9:13 am, Sunday, Melbourne time

Good evening tsar. Very Happy

The weather is currently making up it's mind. Sunny, with a bit of a chill in the air, I'd say. Good walking weather!
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:18 pm
70 degrees F in Virginia and now, at 7 pm it is pissing down rain. We had intermittent drizzle earlier on.
It is graduation weekend at UVA. I hope they were able to get the events scheduled for outdoors today done.
The forecast for tomorrow looks a bit bleak.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:27 pm
@msolga,
8'55am, a quiet Sunday morning, skies are covered in clouds and we may get some long awaited rain Beyond the Black Stump in South Australia. Ocean is looking grey whci is a sure sign. Having a nice cuppa like you msolga, enjoy your day.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
Coming up on 19:30 Saturday evening here in Toronto.

I'm winding down after a busy Saturday - morning getting hair cut/coloured/cut a bit more, then the afternoon shopping and wandering around East York.

Set's taking out the recycling, getting ready to take the dogs for a sashay around the neighbourhood.

Laundry's spinning, I'm listening to Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap.

The middle of a long weekend is the best part.
msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:30 pm
@Dutchy,
9:30 Sunday morning, Melbourne.

Good morning to you, too, Dutchy. Hope you get that rain. A wake-up cuppa in the morning is good! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:42 pm
@ehBeth,
9:42 am Sunday

Quote:
I'm winding down after a busy Saturday - morning getting hair cut/coloured/cut a bit more,

Two haircuts in one morning, Beth?

Quote:
The middle of a long weekend is the best part.

Yes! Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:48 pm
@msolga,
The haircut was done, Maddy was drying it, I told her I thought I was ready to go a bit shorter, so she got the scissors back out. I'm working my way up to a serious cut (even with two cuts this morning, the back of my hair is still past my shoulders).

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 05:55 pm
7:55 pm here in Baltimore and 74 degrees! Getting ready to rain! Saturday May 22, 2010
msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 06:02 pm
@ehBeth,
But you're looking pretty good, yes? Very Happy

Almost 10 am Sunday morning Melbourne time:

Gotta get out of my pajamas & moving. Walk. Do the washing. Hang out washing to dry. Visit friend ....
Just checked & watered my winter potted herbs & chillies (growing in a sunny, sheltered spot on the back veranda): marjoram, chives, mints (2), coriander, Thai Chilli all doing well. As expected, the Tarragon is struggling. (Too cold. Silly choice for May.) Must plant out the rocket & silverbeet seedlings (bought last weekend) this afternoon.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 06:05 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Good evening, Victor. Smile
Hope you get that rain!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 06:13 pm
5:15 pm in sunny, but cool San Diego
I took a short nap - love taking naps, and got some things done around the house. The electrician came and left again - I have a new lamp hanging - just like this one and love it!!
http://www.blogdeco.ch/wp-content/uploads//ikea-ps-maskros-00.jpg
msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 06:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
He came!!!! Hooray! Very Happy

Lovely!

Good (late) afternoon, Jane.
0 Replies