A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 11:09 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Awesome dream. I can never remember my dreams once I wake up.

You should hear about the dream I had before that one!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 11:43 pm
10:35 p.m. in Anacortes, Washington...

We're on vacation this week, visiting my sister and brother-in-law. The high here was in the low 70s today...perfect! (Probably 95 back home in Tulsa.)

Tomorrow we will be driving through the mountains (through Washington Pass) on scenic highways, staying at a B&B tomorrow night. We're staying at my sister's newly-rebuilt house on the shores of Puget Sound near the San Juan Islands. We've watched bald eagles fishing in the bay from their living room. Last night we ate fresh Dungeness crabs we caught 100' off their beach. I've enjoyed fresh local strawberries every day since we got here...along with views of snowcapped mountains, little green islands, and blue-green water just off shore. It's just gorgeous here this time of the year. Too bad it's cold and grey the other three seasons, or I'd be tempted to move here, too.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:38 am
Dys and I talked about okra. He talked me out of it.
failures art

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:51 am
2:43 AM EST, Washington, DC - Taking a break at work. Going to reheat some chili for my middle-night meal.

Bleh, gave shift...

Alias
Rules the night
T
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:51 am
@Eva,
Photos, if you can or please, Eva. I've only been in Washington for a few hours a couple of times, visiting, primarily Piffka, back then.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:49 am
@ossobuco,
GOOD!!!!!
I will eat anything that wont eat me first, but there is no way I will eat okra.
I cant stand it.
It always tastes sour and slimy to me.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:08 pm
So I was playing internet scrabble this evening. I play, and usually lose, several games a night against folks I am randomly matched against from all over the country and the world.
Up comes a game. My opponent mentions Toronto. I say Charlottesville. The game starts and then there is this: "Are you realjohnboy?" I reply, "Um, yes."
It turns out to be Ehbeth. How cool is that? Small world.
She won.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:36 pm
@realjohnboy,
woof woof

that was very cool
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
as a wise man once said, it's a small world, but i wouldn't want to paint it Razz
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 12:40 am
@msolga,
It's 7:37 am on Saturday, July 17 in Somerset England.

I've been up for two hours watching the weather and vacillating about going to a beach in Wales for the day. When I woke up, it was raining and I thought I wouldn't go, then I thought it might be even better for photos if it was overcast and rainy and deserted so I would go, then I thought I don't want to get wet and cold, so I won't go, and now the sun's come out - so I think I will go.

As I typed this - the sun just went back in- but I still think I will go.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 02:21 am
@aidan,
5.30pm Saturday afternoon beyond the Black Stump downunder. A very cold night coming up but have a nice cosy fire going inside, so will be watching some television in comfort. Having beef satays with noodles for my evening meal followed by strawberrt yoghurt, all very simple but tasty. Our Prime Minister called for a general election today and has set the date for August 21. Will be interesting our first female PM throwing her hat in the ring for the first time.

Wonder if Aidan made it to the beach? Smile
aidan

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 02:27 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy - I'm sitting here waiting for my daughter to wake up and now it's pouring - I mean hammering down rain- we're not going... Crying or Very sad

We'll go next Saturday.

But now, I'm having trouble getting myself to even think about doing the recycling and going to the post office in this mess.

I don't really have a choice there - I HAVE to go to the post office today.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 02:37 am
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Up comes a game. My opponent mentions Toronto. I say Charlottesville. The game starts and then there is this: "Are you realjohnboy?" I reply, "Um, yes."
It turns out to be Ehbeth. How cool is that? Small world.
She won.

HaHa! I love it! Very Happy

Small world indeed!

6:37 pm, Saturday 17th July, Melbourne:

Freezing cold, windy & getting dark very quickly out there.
Miserable, miserable night coming up!
I should be considering going out & kicking up my heels, drinking champagne, dancing till dawn & all that ...
But no, I'm feeling quietly, peacefully content tonight. A happy hermit. Smile
msolga

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 04:06 am
@msolga,
Quote:
I'm feeling quietly, peacefully content tonight. A happy hermit. Smile

8:06 pm, Melbourne.

Caved in.

A friend just rang & offered me dinner.

So off I go. Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 04:22 am
@realjohnboy,
whats the internet scrabble site? I love scrabble.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 07:51 am
9:49 AM EDT

I has to be a bad day. The milk which carries today as the last sell by date is sour and the strap on the silk slip night gown I bought during the last century broke. Was repaired once and there are friction holes in the gown. Farewell, beloved and trusted friend.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 07:55 am
9:58 Eastern
Just made me a cappuccino and toasted a blueberry bagel.
Munch, munch. Sip, sip. Ah.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 07:55 am
@farmerman,
the scrabble site where there appear to be a2k'ers lurking when you least expect them

http://www.isc.ro/
Izzie

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 07:58 am
@ehBeth,
14:57 island in the sun

procrastinating until little fella comes home (any minute now) - then furniture shuffling Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 07:58 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you mum. I shall be visiting the site when I get down to the beach next wqeek.