A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

George

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 07:11 pm
@msolga,
Yay, indeed!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 07:12 pm
Its 8:10 on wednesday night here.
We just got home from our daughter Laura's house, where we have been putting the finishing touches on the baby room for our new grandson.
He wasnt supposed to be born till Aug 7, but he decided to arrive on July 12.

In about an hour, I will be going to bed because I have to get up at 4 in the morning to go to work.
George

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 07:13 pm
@mysteryman,
Pleasant dreams, Gramps!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 07:58 pm
7:48 p.m. 81 f. 27 C 27 Humility, cloud cover, feels humid. evening dusk, fountain gurgling in the garden, birds quiet; Lady Diane eating peaches(too many for her tummy" grapes nearly ripe, tomatoes red but tiny same as cucumbers. Hollyhocks pretty, roses fading rapidly.
hamburgboy

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 08:35 pm
@dyslexia,
10:30 pm in eastern ontario and still hot and humid .
next week night-time temps should moderate a bit .
g' night , all !

( i'm heading for the " rec-room " - really cool down there - ahhh )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 03:11 pm
7:11 am, Friday 16th July, Melbourne:

Just saying good morning to you all as I read the news online & ready myself for the last day of work for the week ...

Still dark outside but daylight is not too far away.

Thinking about one point perspective (which I'll be teaching during periods one & 2 this morning, with the year nines.)

Pemerson

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 04:11 pm
@msolga,
Still Thursday here in Texas, 5:00 pm. We ate some okra!

According to an article I read in Birds & Blooms, the best possible remedy for allergies is okra. OKRA! Went right out and bought fresh okra, cooked (about 10) it in microwave for 3 minutes, added that to 2 cans tomatoes (one whole, the other chopped), chopped onions & celery (microwaved), all kinds of seasoning including creole & Old Bay, added some of that tomato soup in carton. I think I made gumbo, really yummy. We had a ton left over so will put talapia in for tonight. Haven't eaten okra for decades. It's good fried and in salads too, I guess.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 04:43 pm
@Pemerson,
4:37 pm, and 98.5 (approx 37 C) here in hot sand, New Mexico. Time for me to go water the lavender..

I've only had okra once, made by my mother - might have been from a can, but I'm not sure of that. Slime-O city. I know from friends now that okra can be good; my business partner was a Texas girl and described it as wonderful, especially fried. I was a picky eater as a kid, though, so it's hard to tell re that one experience, if it was me or the okra that was the problem.

I do like sliced green tomatoes on mozzarella pizza, maybe with a bit of hot sausage. Would probably love fried green tomatoes..
You can tell I'm working up to thinking about dinner.
dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 06:46 pm
@ossobuco,
10.07 am Friday and I am at work...luckily....since last night I managed to absolutely convince myself that it was Friday night, and I came within a millimeter of changing my alarm to 10.00 am.

Then, I managed to sleep through the alarm and had a very wearying dream wherein a child client appeared with his parents for an appointment with his useless parents and a furry, sentient (although child-like), talking midget elephant, about the size of a Percheron, in tow.

Somehow the appointment was in the city, on the footpath, and the hopeless parents managed to lose themselves, leaving me with a kid and a sweet dispositioned but increasingly stressed midget elephant to manage.

Neither the child nor the elephant knew the numbers of the parents or the elephant's owners.

The elephant was just keeping it together and I feared for the consequences if it had a melt down, so I was so occupied with keeping the elephant calm and controlling it with only a piece of string, and its increasingly disappearing hold on rationality to manage it that I was unable to call for help...and the child was both anxious and non-numerate, so it was very difficult to coach the child to call for help.

Needless to say, I was exhausted when I woke up!

I very much want that elephant as a pet, though. It would have been a delight in its own familiar environment.

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 06:50 pm
@dlowan,
Have you been watching David Lynch films lately bunny?
~
It's 20:29 EST:
Listening to the TWIT podcast and Leo Laporte is talking about cell phones. Okay... I'm not really listening at this point. Just background noise.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 06:51 pm
@dlowan,
Awesome dream. I can never remember my dreams once I wake up.
Pemerson

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, boiled, canned okra is scary. As kids we knew nothing of swear words, but to show anger to another kid we would call them bad words like squash, okra, hominey, turnips, asparagus (all canned). I used to fill my pockets with hominey when we were required to "clean our plates."

I was raised on okra, mostly fried, but have never made any myself. My dad used to make a mean gumbo. I think the word gumbo must mean okra, as it gives it that thickness without slimy, if fresh.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
I remember dreams almost mid dream. I had stories for you all this morning. Gone now.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
I talked to dys not all that long ago and he described all the okra he had had to eat. He and I are similar in that we were sit at the table until you finish kids. I still just don't like cooked carrots and drinking a glass of milk, too many hours into the sitting.

I now like raw carrots and pickled carrots. I like chocolate milk. I'm ok with regular milk, but not so much.

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:48 pm
I had a wet dream once when I was 14, I don't remember, maybe it was last night.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:56 pm
@dyslexia,
Is this about okra?
George

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:56 pm
21:59 Eastern
Back from a session at the gym with Rhys.
Gotta hit the hay.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 08:07 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Is this about okra?
no, it's about a2k time zones, what about okra? what about realjohnboy?
Pemerson

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 08:15 pm
@dyslexia,
I caught that, dyslexia. Terrible boy, you

But, there is a similarity, I must admit
dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 08:25 pm
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:

I caught that, dyslexia. Terrible boy, you

But, there is a similarity, I must admit
you' re just too quick for me. Hi, it's 8:22 p.m. in albuquerque and 82 F, 32% Humility and dark. There's no okra in the house.
0 Replies