A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

msolga

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 02:22 pm
6:22 am, Monday 12th June, Melbourne:

Day one of term 3. Back to school.

What more can one say at this hour of the morning?
plainoldme

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 02:38 pm
4:36 PM EDT

Sighing over another day wasted to the heat. Not feeling quite well. Thinking I might have to see the doctor.

My 17 year old cat, who is afraid to be picked up but who loves lap sitting, has been flopped on the floor all week, trying to keep cool. This afternoon, I felt the need for a short nap. She got up on the bed but seemed to think I wasn't receptive to her and started to walk away. I called her and she came to me. I spent a long time petting her, then she nestled down on my lap and slept. It was too warm to cuddle but it seemed important to her.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 09:26 pm
05:30 am CEST

27.1°C (81° F)
dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 02:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
6.26 pm Monday...just home (walking again)

12.8 C

Futzing on computer until I start to feel hungry.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 03:04 am
@dlowan,
11:00 (more or less)

A2K or Coffee(shops)...
mmM
Touchë

EU, The Kindom of the Netherlands, Amsterdam (@HOME)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 07:34 am
7:31 a.m. really odd weather for New Mexico 59 F, 15 C, 82% humility.
msolga

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 07:39 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
82% humility.

Ha! Razz

11: 39 pm, Monday 12th July, Melbourne:

Bed time.

Really.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 07:41 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
82% humility.

So whats the other 18%?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 09:37 am
11:34, I'm in Cleveland and might have seen Failures Art on the plane here -- I just couldn't tell, planned to ask but he was ahead of us on the plane and the seatbelt light never went off and he skedaddled before I had a chance. (So, f'art, were you on a plane to Cleveland this morning?)
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 12:21 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
Sighing over another day wasted to the heat. Not feeling quite well. Thinking I might have to see the doctor.

Be sure you are keeping yourself and the cat well hydrated in this heat. Use a wet wash cloth to dampen the cat's fur a bit so it can cool off from the evaporation. I do that with the dogs when it gets hot here. It perks them right up. Doing the same to your own skin will feel great too.

Hope it is just the heat and nothing more, POM.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 01:05 pm
15:04 Eastern
Sipping a DD iced dark roast. Ahhhhhh . . .
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:10 pm
@sozobe,
It was not me, but it is always wise to keep a lookout for a scoundrel like myself.

6:10 PM EST - Falls Church, Virginia.

A
R
T
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:12 pm
@failures art,
It would have been amusing if Soz had caught up to the lad and had asked "Are you Failure or F'Art?"
Security took her off the plane in handcuffs.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:15 pm
00:13 AMS west
Go go Boys <O> For Sale
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:16 pm
@msolga,
Hi Sweet Cat <O> Cat Food ?
Reyn

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:32 pm
3:31, July 12:

Been lovely and cool the last couple of days, and looks like the rest of the week will be somewhat similiar. Hoorah! Very Happy
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
A
R
Then the instant response: "Did my father send you?"
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 03:53 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
( Cat food is really not my thing, Pepi. But thanks anyway.
But I'm sure Poppy, my cat, would be very interested! Smile )

7:54 pm, Tuesday, 13th July, Melbourne:

Chilly, rainy, blustery night outside & another cold day expected tomorrow ... after a really pleasant sunny reprieve which lasted a few days. OK, it's back to real winter now.

I need to do a bit of planning for work tomorrow, then cook the easiest possible dinner (fritatta perhaps?). Then I plan to have an early night tonight. A warm bed, with a good book, with my trusty feline companion in tow sounds really inviting tonight.

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 04:02 am
@msolga,
It's 05:58 EST, Just woke up less then 20 minutes ago. 75 degrees and a bit humid.

Tried to right into this last night while using my clunky keyboard, while I was at the Bryant Park outdoor film festival, minutes before the screening of My Man Godfrey, but I kept hitting the back button on my phone and kept losing my post so I eventually gave up. Rolling Eyes

I plan on seeing the NY Philharmonic concert in Central Park tonight. I wonder if Lang Lang gives out autographs?

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 07:03 pm
10:59 am, Thursday 15th July, Melbourne:

It's my one day off today & I'd booked my cat, Poppy, into the vet's for her annual shots. No need to set the alarm, I thought, the appointment was for 9:45. Of course I over-slept & woke up with barely enough time to get there. So no washing of the face, no combing of the hair, no cup of tea, etc ... just one complaining cat in her cage, protesting loudly all the way.
About 1/2 way through the trip I noticed that I was listening to AM on the ABC, not the Morning Program. Huh? ... a quick glance at my watch and (you got it) I was an hour early. Surprised And in the middle of a peak hour traffic jam. Neutral
The folk at the vet's were very sympathetic. I'd only just made it "on time". But now with an hour to wait. They somehow fitted me in 1/2 an hour earlier. (Thank you, thank you!) Now Ms Poppy & I are back home. She's eating her breakfast & seems to have forgiven me for her ordeal. And it's all over for another year! Yay! Very Happy