A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm back. It's 22:07 EST.
Listening to ...
Quote:
A Musical Biography of Bill T. Jones
This special edition of Q2 with Terrance McKnight features an exclusive, gripping two-hour interview with MacArthur “Genius” Award-winner Bill T. Jones, tracing his life through music.

Live streamed from http://www.wqxr.org/
Got a thing of sausage and peppers and potatoes for supper. And a pint of Haagen Daaz dulce de leche for later.

MsOlga! You're such an enabler! Razz
msolga

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
12:10 pm, Melbourne:

And I must now depart & get stuck into all the things I must do today!
Life can be so tedious & boring sometimes ... Neutral
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:12 pm
@msolga,
Bonne chance! God speed! Get back safely! Bon voyage!!
msolga

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you, tsar!

And an advance good night to you, for later .. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:19 pm
@Diane,
Sorry, slaps self. I don't mean to speak for you two.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:20 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
... Aw, sorry about the job interview, Reyn. Canceling 5 minutes before a scheduled interview is pretty low, if you ask me! Chin up, possum. Don't let the bastards get you down. ...

Yeah, but after a while, you start to feel rather philosophical about it all. You almost expect something to go wrong. It's hard to stay positive. Hoping for the best for the food service worker job.

Thanks, Olga! Hope all goes smoothly (albeit boring!) for you! Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:22 pm
8:15 p.m. 84 F 29 C, 25% humility here in albaturkey. possible showers tomorrow coming up from mexico/texas tropical storm/hurricane. having a cuppa peppermint tea per Lady Diane. watching House rerun. Sally-dog sleeping in chair, Dante-cat sleeping on back of sofa. We got satellite dish t.v. installed, Lady Diane doesn't like it (2 year contract) I'm fine, thank you, just fine.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:31 pm
@dyslexia,
Diana
dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:38 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

Diana
no, her name is Diane, I call her Lady Diane.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:39 pm
@dyslexia,
whât-ever 2 Cents Drunk Laughing
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:40 pm
@dyslexia,
auntie molotov to me...

dark thirty on the Kansas prairie.

making tuna crap and getting ready to re-pot trees.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:40 pm
@dyslexia,
Good evening dys! It's 76F/24C though it feels more like the high 80's.

I assume that Sally and Dante are big fans of House? Or did they already see that rerun?

Hopefully, we'll get a good ole summer thunderstorms here tonight in NYC. Might lift my spirits.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Dante likes to watch the telly, real close up. Sally just likes to sleep which I'm told is unusual for a Jack Russell terrier.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 09:18 pm
@dyslexia,
Jack Russells that I've had the experience of knowing tend to be hyper maniacs so you should be glad that Sally is the perfect fluke of a terrier.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 09:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Even I adore Sally..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 07:18 am
@tsarstepan,
Sally dog is fa from super maniac, I let her out front into the street several times a day, she runs across the street to see if Roberta is home to pet her and then goes 2 house west and 2 house east and then runs back to see if I'm still in the garage, if not, she wants in, if I'm still out she lays in the driveway watching me to see when I go in, then she wants in. she pays no attention to people or other dogs unless then want to play.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 07:39 am
@dyslexia,
Count yourself lucky you don't live in this part of the world as Sally would be history by now! No dogs allowed in the street here unless on a leash. Eager Council Inspectors would have impounded Sally by now with all the nasty consequences for its owners!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 07:47 am
09:43 Sunday July 11

replacing chipped and cracked cement around the stones that make up the outer wall of the house, bought a trowel for pointing brick, but it's not much use since there are few straight lines, basically better to mix the cement to an ice cream like constituency and just sort of smear it in with fingers, given the caustic nature of concrete, this is rather hard on the hands, but needs to be done
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 01:32 pm
15:36 Eastern

Watching a disappointing World Cup.
Izzie

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 01:39 pm
@George,
20.38 UK

what George said ^^^^!
0 Replies