A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:04 pm
@Izzie,
I am hoping also, Reyn.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
We have a weather Alert ! Storms, thunder... Xris is right, I Guesso

Oh, Amsterdam 10:sometime Mr. Green Drunk
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:37 pm
1:40 pm in San Diego
Just watched the game Germany vs. Uruguay - what an exciting game it was and
we won in the end! I do feel sorry for Uruguay though, they are a good team.
George

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:42 pm
16:46 Eastern
Just finished a backup of my computer.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
I just 'watched' the last part of the world cup semifinal on the ESPN Game Cast (with comments by observers). Even that was exciting...

So it's 2:43 pm here in fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk land (90 degrees F). I'm getting ready to make some shrimp/garlic/bacon potstickers...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:48 pm
@George,
You sound like a wise man, George. I need to put my bookmarks on a site like http://delicious.com/ - but somehow I keep putting off doing that.
George

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Actually,it's the first one I've done in years.
I'm toying with going to Windows 7.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:01 pm
I am currently knocking the rust off my garden rooster
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:06 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Great, but you didn't tell us about the weather in the swamp and what you will be having for supper.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:55 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
<((Reyn)) - keeping everything crossed for you for the food service job - hope this will be the one that works out for you>
realjohnboy wrote:
I am hoping also, Reyn.

Thanks Izzie and John! It's got to happen one day, right? Laughing

Nice to see you around, Gus! Very Happy
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:18 pm
Hi all. I was going to fix steaks tonight, but Dys is having tummy troubles, so it may be eggies and toast.

I successfully talked myself out of gardening because of the heat. Oh what a relief I felt when I gave myself a break.

It is 5:17 in the Land of Enchantment, but it's not terribly enchanting in the summer.
littlek

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:20 pm
Diane, maybe you should drive up North and visit Roger - it's more pleasant up there. Or see a movie?
msolga

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 06:45 pm
(In answer to your question, Dutchy: no I didn't watch the Saints play the Lions yesterday afternoon. But I did listen to the Hawks play the Cats (or the dying stages of the game, anyway) , on the way home from the country. I thought the ABC commentators might just wet themselves in the final quarter! Very, very close.)

Aw, sorry about the job interview, Reyn. Canceling 5 minutes before a scheduled interview is pretty low, if you ask me! Chin up, possum. Don't let the bastards get you down.

10:44 am, Sunday 11th July, Melbourne Oz.:

Allowed myself a sleep-in today after all the running around yesterday. Trying to get my head around waking up at 9:30. This feels quite odd.

It's a ravishing, absolutely stunning day out there, though. The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky & a predicted top temperature of 16 C degrees! Surprised

Yesterday went well. (Despite the hours of travel, which I hate.) My mother remembered who I was (after a few helpful reminders Smile ) & got an opportunity to talk (at length!) in Ukrainian. That always gets her going!
And a friend provided me with a splendid dinner, figuring I'd be too tired to cook after all the driving. She was absolutely right.

Today: getting last minute things done before school starts again tomorrow. (This is going to be quite a shock to the system!) I'll be replacing an absent teacher for the first 4 weeks. Happily for me, not full-time, 4 days each week. That's the absolute maximum number of days I want to work at the moment.

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:30 pm
@Diane,
Hi Diane. Hope Dys' tummy is getting better by now. Perhaps a nice cup of peppermint tea will help him, if not medically but at least spiritually, non?

It's 21:29 EST and I'm wondering if I should stay up a little longer or go to sleep early this Saturday evening.
msolga

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
And g'day to you, too, tsar! Wink

Quote:
It's 21:29 EST and I'm wondering if I should stay up a little longer or go to sleep early this Saturday evening.

I say burn the midnight oil!
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:38 pm
@msolga,
G'day Lady Olga! Very Happy I then have to figure out what to have for a very late supper then. Surprised
msolga

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
Easy. Ice cream! Smile
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsartepan, oh peppermint tea is one of the very best for uncooperative tummies. I can almost smell and taste it right now. Time get a cup or to join you in the tea room .
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:41 pm
@littlek,
Diane and Dys can't just do that. They deal with daily stuff.

I suppose that is true of many who post on a2k.
Many of us have variables.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:43 pm
@Diane,
Ladies. I will be back in 15 to 20 minutes after a quick jaunt over to the grocery store.

Keep watch over the forum for burglars and highly suspicious types.

I'll take a cup of the peppermint tea (iced) if you don't mind dear Diane when I get back!
Very Happy