A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:15 am
@Robert Gentel,
Oh, and to get on topic:

2:13 AM, CST

I'm working with a data center on a failed hard drive for a client (that we consult for) while also getting some odd work done when I wait for them to do stuff.

I had hoped to get the preference to not put unread topics above the read ones done tonight but am many hours late now due to the PM spam issue.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:17 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
I have a serious head-ache now...

Well PepI, I have a cold already, so I'm resisting the additional imposition of a headache (like mad!).

But I gotta admit, I feel more than a little saddened by the behind the scenes stuff that's been going on here, apparently. Call me Ms Gullible, but I thought we'd all settled down & had made friends ... kinda.
Ah well ... Neutral

Quote:
I apologize; PepI is more suitable. It was also the name of a rabbit I owned. His brother Kokkie (little cook) cannabalized him slowly...

Kokkie cannibalized PepI ?
AND slowly?
Good grief! Shocked

Thinking about dinner now.
Any brilliant ideas of what I can create from 180g of "premium Tasmanian smoke roasted salmon"? I was thinking maybe a pasta sauce of some sort?

6:16 pm, Melbourne.

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:29 am
@msolga,
I know it's winter in Oz but the only thing coming to mind is a salad with mango and smoked salmon... Nice with a simple pasta, maybe just pasta & pesto & extra cheese ? Can you bake a foccachio ? Fresh bread really makes a meal complete I think. Do you want a simple but good receipy ?

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:35 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
It's OK, PepI

I know you've already got a headache & all ...

I might simply follow the suggested recipe on the (salmon) package. It looks rather reasonable.

It's very kind of you to concern yourself with my dinner when so much is going on for you. You're OK, you know. Very Happy
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:39 am
@Robert Gentel,
Thank you for responding to my out-burst. Funny how I get upset about PM's being read and then sign off real live. I can see everybody putting his/her best effort to reach their goal, but I happen to be not happy about the tensions. Excuse about the outburst...

I like the new contacts on A2K; I also like the old contacts from PF... For me it's not a dillema, it's different people with different interests. I hope to keep in touch with all of them.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:47 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
There's room for more than one forum on the internet, the drama will go away eventually (it really had been actually, for most of those other than the ones doing the spamming).

And don't worry about it, it's a common accusation for forums but the truth is that if I read PMs I would have known about it long ago (they started weeks ago).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:49 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
but I happen to be not happy about the tensions

I'm not exactly good with tensions or conflict myself, PepI.
Actually, I'm disastrous.

Quote:
I like the new contacts on A2K; I also like the old contacts from PF... For me it's not a dillema, it's different people with different interests. I hope to keep in touch with all of them.

That sounds perfectly fine to me.
Why should you feel obliged to choose between one or the other, if you aren't inclined to?
It's the people you care about more than anything else, right? And the interactions.
That's what's kept me here for so long, anyway.

Quote:
Excuse about the outburst...

That wasn't exactly a major outburst.
And you have nothing at all to excuse, as far as I'm concerned.
OK? Smile

6:49 pm, Melbourne.

And now I'm off to cook dinner!
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 04:12 am
@msolga,
For my it was. Sadly enough I am usually more shy and do not stand up for myself. Always afraid to hurt some-one's feelings.
msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 04:48 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Well, in this instance, you spoke firmly & expressed your concerns very clearly, PepI. And I don't think you hurt anyone's feelings in the process. I hope you're feeling OK after having done that.

8:48 pm, Melbourne:

Just finished dinner. It was surprisingly good, given the recipe was so simple. (I must post it on one of the food threads here.)
Suddenly I feel quite weary after all the running around I did today.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 05:00 am
@msolga,
I want to run an advertisement for my Bed & Break-fast in Amsterdam. I called it Hermes House. Thought of Hera's Temple but choose for a male Name, again.
Mr. Green e Mr. Green ijn
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:16 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

For my it was. Sadly enough I am usually more shy and do not stand up for myself. Always afraid to hurt some-one's feelings.

Aaaah! What's a little drama...it'll put hare on your chest.

Drama on the net is kind of hypnotic. I am the last thing from an ambulance chaser in real life, but, as long as I am not involved, and nobody I care about or consider innocent is getting hurt, it's almost fun, in a horrible way.

This one isn't fun because of the canard about Robert reading PMs and all that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 09:17 pm
1:16 pm, Tuesday 6th July, Melbourne, Oz:

I just got the call from the fellows & the garage.
The parts for my car have arrived early.
So I'm just about to head off & deliver it (again!) & have the work done.
The walk back home should be much more pleasant this time. It is an absolutely exquisite, sunny winter day day out there! Smile
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:19 pm
6:15 AM AMS

Ready for a first coffee. Checking out the messages. C who is still talking... Feels like a tribal affair this PF/A2K thing. Making friends / loosing them at a high speed. Can hardly keep up...
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:26 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Ya, I think at this point we have pretty much chased everyone who does not like change out of a2k....this has been constant for a couple of years....
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Protestant churches behaved like thât 4 Centuries and look where this got them ! I am glad I am not informally banned because I like people I've met so far. I feel very strange about the un-philosophical way things go. A good thing Ken is butting in. Finally some logic lightening the skies.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 11:15 pm
@msolga,
2.30pm behind the Black Stump msolga, weather like yours, but we set a reord this week, 7 days below 5 degrees! Just threw a few whiting fillets on the barbie and having a few munchies in the sun. Life doesn't get better. Smile
msolga

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 01:39 am
@Dutchy,
Smile Sounds great, Dutchy.

5:42 pm, Tuesday 6th July, Melbourne:

I feel as though I've been walking for most of the afternoon. Well actually I have ..
Deposited car at the garage (north of my place).
Then headed of south (toward Brunswick) on foot.
Lovely weather for a good long walk & a bit of op shop (thrift shop) hunting, I thought ... and it was. Gorgeous day!
4 km south of home & Mark from the garage rang me. (I feel I know him very well now!) My car was ready. (What? Already? I thought it would be tomorrow. Surprised )
So I turn north again, at top peed, to reach the garage before it closed at 5 pm.
Home again now.
That was quite a work out!

(Wasn't that interesting? Wink )
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 01:45 am
@msolga,
Good you have your car back ! It is 1/4 to 10 AM and I am having a coffee...

Am I still welcome ?

Shocked about all intriges and immoral philosophy ...
msolga

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 01:52 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
Am I still welcome ?

What a question! Surprised

You are ALWAYS welcome, Pepi! Very Happy

Here, let me pour you a nice glass of wine ...
msolga

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 01:53 am
@msolga,

... besides, there's all those damn raisins I must offload onto you! Wink Razz
0 Replies