A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 01:40 am
@msolga,
Lol!!! I am trying to force MYSELF out for a walk!!
msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 01:41 am
@dlowan,
But isn't it dark, already?

(It is here.)

5:41 pm
aidan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 02:15 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Yeah, look at this beach...this is Rhossili Bay in Wales. I'm going there next. The good thing about my job is that I work with people from all over Britain, so they all have different experiences and places they can tell me about. The guy who told me about these two places grew up as a traveller here and an immigrant in Malawi in Africa- so he loves being outside in wide open spaces - he knows all the haunts that I'd never find on my own.
http://www.ffynnon-rhosfa.co.uk/Rhossili%20Bay.jpg

Quote:
PS would U have any idea what I could do with lots of raisins ?

I like them in my oatmeal (porridge) with brown sugar and butter. I also really like to make raisin bread. Let me know if you need a recipe.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 04:32 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

But isn't it dark, already?

(It is here.)

5:41 pm

Nah...it was sort of twilighty...it was dark when I got back, though.
msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 04:44 am
@dlowan,
It must be that extra half hour you have on us, Deb.
I did a quick dash down to the shops just now.
Pitch black. Dark, dark ...

(Gotta go watch Little Dorrit now. Missed a bit already. )

8:43 pm, Melbourne:
Izzie

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 04:51 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Think I'm getting a cold.

do hope that doesn't take hold Mz Olga

11.49 SW, UK

gotta give the grass a hair cut

grateful for the rain - but darn, you can sit and watch that grass grow now - and bamboo - it had a major hair cut and has grown feet in a week...Shocked impossible to stop!!!!!!!!
dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 05:53 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

msolga wrote:

Think I'm getting a cold.

do hope that doesn't take hold Mz Olga

Blimey yes, so do I!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 05:53 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

It must be that extra half hour you have on us, Deb.
I did a quick dash down to the shops just now.
Pitch black. Dark, dark ...

(Gotta go watch Little Dorrit now. Missed a bit already. )

8:43 pm, Melbourne:

It's a main road, so it's very well lit, which makes it seem lighter, I guess.

And the headlights!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 06:01 am
@Izzie,
9.30pm Sunday night beyond the black stump in South Australia. Another very cold night and I have a roaring fire going. The prawn boat came in on Friday so today we feasted on the little shrimps msolga, you would have loved them and forgotten about your cold. Smile Izzie get yourself a sheep to keep the grass down, my brother has Alpacas on his property and they do a fantastic job!
msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 06:48 am
@Dutchy,
G'day, Dutchy. Smile

So you feasted on little shrimps, did you? You lucky devils!
I had a (very tasty!) mixed kebab (from the Turks) as I ventured home in the dark.

Yep. It's cold, cold, cold! Brrrrrrrrrr!

10:48, EST Oz time.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 07:10 am
@Izzie,
Hey, Iz!

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Gonna make me one of those hot lemon drinks with honey & take a couple of aspirin with it, before heading off to bed soon.

I am so jealous of your warm weather! Talk to me of summer stuff! I promise you my rapt attention! Smile

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, Iz.

11:09 pm, Melbourne
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 10:59 am
19:00 CEST: just finished copying the 100th (jazz) cd on my notebook.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 11:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
13:30 in Toronto

we are under a smog and heat alert
with the humidity it feels like it is over 40 celsius
hideous weather
hideous

I need to find someplace where the temperature range is more like minus 15 celsius to plus 15 celsius

this 30+ crap is disgusting

the curtains are all drawn, the doors and windows are shut tight, the humidifier is humming, and the two window air conditioners upstairs are doing their very best

trying to get my courage up to go outside to shop for more beverages to keep us hydrated over the next few weeks

reading here/playing at facebook/listening to Spark on the CBC/contemplating just plopping down in front of the AC
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 11:39 am
Hello to Walter in Germany, to the Aussies and Aidan the Brit and to everyone else in A2K land.
It is 90 degrees F in Charlottesville and could hit 100 by Wednesday. We need rain.
So today is our birthday. The U.S. hits 234. I can look out my window and see Thomas Jefferson's Monticello mountain. It's not really a mountain; rather a hill. Interestingly, he did not build his home on the highest point in that range, but on the one over from that.
Today at Monticello, the U.S. will give citizenship to about 70 people. A tradition here. I used to go to that ceremony presided over by an ancient judge who, each year, would give a short and always new lecture. I was reminded of him by the death this week of Senator Robert Byrd of the neighboring state of West Virginia. He served in the Senate for 51 of his 92 year life. He was an orator and he carried with him a copy of our Constitution.
At the end of the ceremony each year at Monticello the old judge, Harry Michael, would invite the new citizens to come forward and say something if they wished. No one ever did. I guess I understand that.
Every year, NPR broadcasts a complete reading of the Declaration of Independence that Thomas Jefferson drafted. "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal..."
It goes on to list our many grievances against the Crown, including a reference to the "savage indian."
King George reportedly wrote in his diary for July 4th: "Nothing of importance happened today."
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 11:58 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

King George reportedly wrote in his diary for July 4th: "Nothing of importance happened today."

How could he have known ? Check on internet ?
Confused
hamburgboy

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 12:42 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
2:40 pm - eastern lake ontario
--------------------------------------
temp : about 30 C - humidex about 40 C
-------------------------------------------------
the heat/humidity will likely hang in all week - it stretches all the way from windsor ( detroit ) to quebec city .
i really can't take this too well , so i'm staying in the house and get my exercise walking on the driveway ( in the shade ) Shocked

plenty of water being consumed but not very hungry , but eating yoghurt helps ( could losing a few pounds anyway )

may decide to sleep in the rec-room - dry and cool down there

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 12:50 pm
12;22 p.m. and 81F (27 C) verrra plesant day really quit cool for the season. Just turned the cooler on. no fireworks on our street yet but I'm sure there will be this evening (Diane likes them but neither I nor Sally dog do) appears many neighbors are gone for the day, peoples across the street left last night towing a pontoon boat probably going the Elephant Butte reservoir. Sally dog has been running the street by herself, she enjoys being the "in charge" dog." I slept in til 6 a.m. and Lady Diane awoke early at 11 a.m. our sleeping habits are reversed. The purple-flower plant is in full bloom and the peaches shoud be ripe tomorrow, the tomatoes are a mystery. some crows have been hanging around waking the dead with alarming caws. I am not a patriot so there is no flag flying. I have not thanked King Goerge, George Washington, FDR or Obama for our nice day but I paused at dawn for a few minutes for the death and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan. I feel sadness for their families but can offer no explanations for why they died. I'm thinking this country is going to have very many scarred vets and nothing will be available to help them, twas always thus.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 05:04 pm
@ehBeth,
4:05 pm, July 4, B.C.:

ehBeth wrote:
this 30+ crap is disgusting

We're about to experience that again starting Tuesday. The weather forecast has doomed us till at least Saturday.
Sad Sad Sad

Today, it actually feels like a typical fall day - cool and windy.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 05:10 pm
@ehBeth,
19:09 pm Sunday July4

32C with a humidex of 39C

lots of fun
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 05:56 pm
@djjd62,
19:53 Woke up from a 2 hour nap.
Quote:
Right Now
87°F

Feels Like
85°F

Wind:
From W at 9 mph
Humidity:
31%

Listening to this week's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me podcast.