A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 06:05 pm
@dlowan,
I'm so enjoying your signoff lines, you witty bunny.
dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 06:09 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Well, somebody said they preferred curses, and this excludee stuff is just too silly to ignore all the time.
Wink

dlowan (eddicated excludee, may the Ondine of onanism make fruitful thy fingers)

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 06:11 pm
@dlowan,
You've got me howling, and the moon isn't out yet.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 07:32 pm
Groundhogs.
When I bought my house back in 1976, it was in a quite rural area. A sleepy little 2 lane road out front. An old path it was, the Charlottesville-Harrisonburg plank road a hundred and fifty years or so ago. We shot the groundhogs from the back porch.
The neighborhood dogs would be let out in the mornings and they would usually meet up at my house. They would take off through the back field and the woods up the ridge and down to the reservoir a mile away. They would come back wet, tired and happy, and would spend the rest of the day in one of the yards. It was a great time to be a dog.
But then the road was widened to 3 lanes and then 5. The neighborhood changed. People kept their dogs on leashes and they were put in cages while their owners were at work.
Only my dog, Ching the Wonder Dog, and Zep from next door remained free.

Zep was incredibly dumb. Ching knew that but they were best friends nonetheless. He had a great talent, though. He could stalk groundhogs. Seeing one in the garden, he would move, ever so slowly, one patient step at a time. Closer and closer, body quivering with anticipation, but holding back. Until...
At some point he perceived he was close enough and he would race towards it. Most often he was on target and he would kill it with a chomp to the back of the neck. Interestingly, the thrill was in the chase. When the deed was done, he would return to the shade of the oak trees in my front yard where Ching lay napping.

(Sorry. When you reach a certain age, the urge to tell stories kicks in. It is 9:30 pm in Virginia. Temperature could drop to 60 F tonight.)
Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 07:49 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Yes, me, too!

You are welcome to curse at me at any time, so long I can get a laugh! Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 08:09 pm
@realjohnboy,
Classic post, rjb.

Yes, the urge to tell stories. I have that.

Reminds me of Volterra. To explain, I've read near endless accounts against packs of dogs. I can see where some of all that is fact. On the other hand..

Nuts, I can't find the photo. I'm sure it's here, somewhere: a pack of dogs on a sloping stone walk between stone walls, the walk grading steeply up, up, up. I'll post it if I run across it, may be months from now..
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:03 am
@msolga,
Amsterdam 11.30, Friday & over 30*C (very hot for us)

Ready to put bread in oven. Will do so now and continue post...

My day thusfar was not exciting at all. Visited the dentist early and went to a Maroccan shop to buy fresh yeast. Finally my breads are in the oven now...

I'll have to do some shopping but will limit my activities because of the temperatures. My sister is coming for dinner and in the evening I will bake two cakes (one apple-pie for sure...) for a birthday-party tomorrow.

Really a nice day if nothing goes wrong !

1PS What about the kangaroos ? How do they taste ? Will they go well with the raisins ? How much storage I need or will send small amounts at a Time ?

2 Cents S are there any a2k-people in my Time-Zone ?

PS3 I was banned 4 meddling in serious Philosophy and using many Laughing and they suspected I was either a spammer or a Drunk and I used to much colour
dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:45 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
Amsterdam 11.30, Friday & over 30*C (very hot for us)

Had an email from my Swedish daughter in switzerland coplaining about the heat. 31C all week. Says she feels like shes back in OZ.

8.45 pm dinner is done. Cold cold COLD. snow down to 1000 m,
maybe 10 -20 Ks from my backyard
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:55 am
Quote:
What about the kangaroos ? How do they taste ? Will they go well with the raisins ? How much storage I need or will send small amounts at a Time ?

Kangaroo tastes like red meat. It can be dry as there is little fat.
Best cooked rare. If cooking r'oo its wise to use a liquid like a marinade or sauce.

I think there are a few.
Walter in Germany
10 or so UK posters.
UL in Austria (no kangaroos in Austria)
Dagmarka comes and goes. Was at the Hague but moved home to Solvakia. Last heard of in Israel for a peace conference.
(PS dagmarka = hot and single)
dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:07 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

ossobuco wrote:

Yes, me, too!

You are welcome to curse at me at any time, so long I can get a laugh! Laughing

Ok...you asked for it

dlowan (evolved excludee, may the paragon of parsimony prune your posts perpetually)
dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:11 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Quote:
What about the kangaroos ? How do they taste ? Will they go well with the raisins ? How much storage I need or will send small amounts at a Time ?

Kangaroo tastes like red meat. It can be dry as there is little fat.
Best cooked rare. If cooking r'oo its wise to use a liquid like a marinade or sauce.

I think there are a few.
Walter in Germany
10 or so UK posters.
UL in Austria (no kangaroos in Austria)
Dagmarka comes and goes. Was at the Hague but moved home to Solvakia. Last heard of in Israel for a peace conference.
(PS dagmarka = hot and single)

Kangaroo is horribly gamy, to my taste, and thus inedible.

Nimh is likely pretty close to your time-zone, and is also Dutch.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:38 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
9:37 pm, Friday 2nd July, Melbourne, Oz:

Hey, Pepijn Sweep. You did it! Very Happy

Quote:
1PS What about the kangaroos ? How do they taste ? Will they go well with the raisins ? How much storage I need or will send small amounts at a Time ?

About eating kangaroos. I haven't yet dined on our national emblem, (but as you can see, others have). But I suspect that they wouldn't work all that well cooked up with raisins. But perhaps if you're feeling creative, or reckless ...?

Now, about those raisins ...
I am packing them now. They will be on their way to you tomorrow.
Please clear a largish room, as 5 whole years worth of raisins require a lot of space!
Enjoy!

Quote:
PS3 I was banned 4 meddling in serious Philosophy and using many Laughing and they suspected I was either a spammer or a Drunk and I used to much colour

Tsk tsk! You're a trouble maker, obviously! Wink

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:47 am
@msolga,
Please wait packing ! I bet U I can get another philosopher to show up on A2K timezones; thât would double the size of the room...

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:52 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Idea But if you get another one you could share, have half each!

I will leave this in your capable hands Pepi!

Good luck!

I will be so glad to get all these damn packages out of my house, I can tell you! Clutter everywhere!

9:52 pm, Melbourne:
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:17 am
@msolga,
You can leave thât to us magisters...Pardon: Philosophers. By the Time we agree the raisins will be eaten by mice I suspect. My idea would be to send a package a-day. Thât way you can clean your house a little (good feeling), some exercise to walk to post-office and I could build up a nice stamp collection.

The kangaroo-steak I have to pass. I do not think I would be easily forgiven by a few friends. My sister even feeds the dog with biological meat...

Well, I 'm offor Now.
Kind regards, Very Happy
PepI not a Refugee
George

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:19 am
8:00 Eastern
Friday before a long weekend.
You could hold archery practice in the halls without endangering a soul.
Thinking about tomorrow's drive to Montreal.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:28 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
My idea would be to send a package a-day. Thât way you can clean your house a little (good feeling), some exercise to walk to post-office and I could build up a nice stamp collection.

Shocked

Hmmmmmmm ....

I think a little negotiation might be in order, Pepi!

But goodnight in the meantime. Smile

Hello, George. Smile

10:27 pm, Friday, Melbourne:
George

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:33 am
@msolga,
> Hello, George.

Back atcha, MsOlga!
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:37 am
@George,
Very Happy

A long weekend in Montreal sounds wonderful, George. Enjoy. I'm jealous.

10:36 pm, Melbourne.
George

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:40 am
@msolga,
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/images/logo_fijm.png
Gonna be fun